Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

White Chocolate and Strawberry

White chocolate and strawberry.

The strawberry in this reminded me of the Ethel M strawberry buttercream chocolates I used to get (they had real strawberry bits in them). On me, it stayed sweet and true to its name, but my skin amplifies sweet smells. Because of that, I was afraid the white chocolate would be cloying (I don't like it as a candy), but I loved the creaminess it added to the fruit. I didn't notice much change from application to dry down. It's a simple, playful scent. I loved it and had to make it mine.

Hmmmn, strawberry with a hint of alcohol is not nearly as nice as cherry alcohol. The white chocolate is sweet and lovely, but on me the strawberry is not helping. The alcohol dies down, so now it's a sweet sweet strawberry tart.

Interesting. This reminds me of a lip balm I had flavored "chocolate-orange-mint". It smells very similar, like a slightly cocoa-ish fruit candy.

I need to see whether it'll grow on me with time. I'll add a more detailed review soon.

ETA:

the straight out of the bottle wet stage does smell like that lip balm I've mentioned.

It proceeds to smell like an upscale chocolate candy, something like milk chocolate with strawberry. At no stage is this a true strawberry scent on my skin, which I really wanted it to be.

Then the cocoa element fades gradually to allow a vanilla with a slight strawberry note to linger on my skin.

I like smelling like candy, it's simple, nice, and makes people hungry :lol:

all in all, I'm glad I got a bottle of this. I'll be wearing it in times I want something pink.

Edited by reina

In the vial: Strawberry chocolate

Wet: Sweet, creamy, strawberry chocolate

Dry: Strawberry chocolate and a hint of burnt plastic?

Overall: It was all strawberry chocolatey goodness till the burnt plastic came along.

I'm not usually one to write reviews, but for this one, I have to. White chocolate and Strawberry, I love you. First of all, it's fresh, juicy, real strawberry covered in white chocolate! Here at carnival time, you can buy strawberries dipped in white chocolate-onna-stick, and this is exactly what it smells like. This is my holy grail scent...seriously. And to top it all off, I wore it to a friend's house yesterday. I had only been there for a minute when she started sniffing the air saying "oh my god..what smells so good!?! what smells so good?!?!!? god, is it you???", and every every so often after that she'd inhale and say "you smell soooo edible!!!"

Dear White Chocolate & Strawberry,

I love you. I love you so much, I slathered my way through an entire 5ml in a few weeks. At first sniff, I thought you were kind of fake and dirty, but then you showed me your true self. The luscious, chocolatey, strawberry-y side. I wore you to the roller derby and the security guy thought I was smuggling chocolate bars in my purse. When I said, "oh, no, that's me," he said, "Whaddya wearin' a chocolate perfume or somethin'?" I laughed and said, "Yes! I am!"

I look forward to seeing you again next February,

Gin

On me, all the box "white chocolates" were dark chocolate. I'm not complaining, since I love dark chocolate!

In the imp it smells like strawberry lollipops. On me it smelled like fake strawberries and plastic, no chocolate. Not a keeper for me.

another gacker.

the white chocolate is nasty on me...sickeningly sweet.

and this strawberry is very fakey strawberry smelling on me.

yuck.

I haven't tried this on myself, since I'm decidedly not a foodie person, but I got the chance to smell it on a friend and OH. MY. GOD. This is STRAWBERRY and chocolate, and blends into STRAWBERRY icecream as it dries. It's the Lab's pure fruit note yet again, a lush strawberry just bitten. I don't know how Beth and co do it, but the strawberry is utter perfection. It was a gorgeous blend on said friend, and I think I would just love it in scrub/lotion/etc form (where I seem to love foody, in my shower!). Wonderful. Amazing! :)

Whee! My first BPAL ever and my first review!

Let's see here...

In the bottle: Ouch, almost too strong for my nose. Very strong, tart strawberries, but they play second fiddle to the heavy layer of chocolate that's almost dominating. DARK chocolate to me, not white. A juicy strawberry dipped in melted dark chocolate.

Wet on skin: Pretty much the same, except the strawberry note comes out a bit more. On me, it does turn slightly fake, unfortunately.

Dry: The chocolate takes over again while the strawberry plays hide and seek in the background.

After a few hours: The strawberry is gone! I'm left with whiffs of nothing but dark chocolate.

Oh dear, I'm not sure this works the way it's supposed to on my skin. But I love it nonetheless!

okiiieessss.... finally my second order is in!!!

Hm, mixed feelings about this one. Thought i would love it more than anything else...

In the bottle: OMGZ OMGZ OMGZ it smells..... HOLY... jeesh. Amazing. I dunno HOW they do it- but it smells like FRESH strawberries... without fake sugar. And just the PERFECT hint of cream (I love bpals creams *drools*) It smells absolutely DELECTABLE!.

On me: Does not change fist half hour or so... remains powerfully sweet but fresh.

After a bit: Wierd skin chemistry kicks in and the sweet gets amped into the fake sugar zone..... while the srawberry goes plastic-y... :( T_T T_T T_T T_T

Though my mom did walk in and sniff and say " oh my .. is that you?? I thought we had a dessert int he house!" Even after a few hours... but i realize i just CAN'T do BPAL foody so well.

However, do to its AMAZING anf flawless TRUE scent, without my skin.. i'm definitely keeping it and trying it either in an oil burner... or scent locket type thingy.

Throw: Amazing- 12+

The prominent smell in the imp is the strawberry...I get the creamy, deep background note from the chocolate, but this is very berry. On me...I'm still getting the strawberries, but it's not any strawberries. It's the rich, syrupy strawberry topping you get on a sundae or banana split. There's perhaps a hint of chocolate behind this, but that could be the White Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Coconut left further down on my arm. This is not a chocolate scent on me, which means I also love it. Damn it. XD

This scent was instrumental in making me decide to order a bottle of Strawberry Moon. I am absolutely blown away by the Lab's strawberry note - it smells like an honest-to-gods fresh strawberry. Actually, scratch that. It smells like a fresh-picked, organic, non-huge-grocery-store-mutant-variety strawberry. At least initially, anyway. The white chocolate comes up slowly and merges seamlessly into the strawberry for a nice long period of really good strawberry ice cream, and then gradually tapers off into vanilla cream with just a hint of berry remaining.

I'm seriously tempted to lick my arm whenever I wear this. :yum:

I will update this if it changes, and it has gotten slightly better in the 30 minutes or so that I've had this on, but right away on me this has a fake strawberry and plastic smell which blends into a Strawberry Shortcake plastic head effect. It also made me itch a bit.

I really hope this starts working on me because I LOVE Strawberry Moon 2009 and I had such high hopes for this. However, I think I'm going to end up sad. :cry2: My chemistry must just not deal well with the white chocolate note and/or the slightly different strawberry note in this one.

Imp: Strawberry smoothie. :yum:

Wet: Strawberry & white chocolate. The strawberry scent is very strong.

Drydown: Reminds me of another e-tailers strawberry scent. Very little girl-ish.

Overall: It's not bad. I just don't think I'll wear this.

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Rich milk chocolate and a tiny hint of sweet strawberry. Like WC&V, the chocolate note totally dominates, even overwhelms.

Wet: MUCH more strawberry! The chocolate note is lighter, and less cloyingly rich, white and creamier, almost like white chocolate though still a little Bliss-milk-chocolatey. The strawberry is juicy, fresh, and real - not fake or candied or jammy.

Dry: Aww. Something is going fake, I suspect the chocolate because it went plastic in Bliss and WC&V on my skin, as well. And the strawberry I can smell (underneath the fake vanilla-chocolate) and it still smells delicious, albeit smothered.

Summary: As with WC&V, the fakeness does wear off a bit over time, and the strawberry note here is divine and strong and it HOLDS! I also love how creamy this scent is, but I still don't think I can handle the richness of the chocolate note. Great throw & longevity.

:(

Well, I tried. Didn't have high hopes because strawberry notes don't agree with my skin chemistry (they tend to go acidic or plastic-ish). The strawberry in this is much better than in other blends I've tried, and it's behaving itself pretty well. It's nice and round and kinda creamy. Not acidic at all. I'm pleased to find a strawberry blend that's wearable. This scent isn't quite my cup of tea personally, but I think it smells good! I've had it in and out of my swap box at least 4 times because I keep changing my mind about wanting to keep it. But I don't wear it, so... probably it should go.

EDIT: Aaaaaand my husband says keep it. He likes it. OK, back out of the swap box. I think this decant has been in and out of the swap box more than any other one I've ever had.

Edited by filigree_shadow

Oh scent memories! Strawberry Shortcake dolls! I love the smell of those dolls (odd I know) so this is perfect on me. Strawberry with a dash of chocolate with a hint of plastic. I am so glad I have a bottle.

I'm so happy I was able to get a bottle of this. White chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate and this really DOES smell like it! Good throw and lasting power; I put a little of this on & could still smell it strongly hours later. It was perfect for Valentine's Weekend!

This was initially a sweet, buttery white chocolate with berry candy (as strawberry reads to me in its wet stage). Then my skin turned the chocolate acrid and stale and the berries acrid and sour, in less than an hour. Sigh.

I think it'd be a great scent if you can wear the sweet ones; it's got a lovely strawberry note (for the short while that it actually smells like strawberries on me).

Edited because I can't count.

Edited by kjirstiben

White Chocolate and Strawberry - I love this. It smells like white chocolate and sweet, sticky, strawberry jam. When I sniff my skin up close, I pick up some of the dustiness that foody blends tend to acquire on my skin, but that's only if I'm sniffing really close and huffing really hard. It's very similar to White Chocolate, Strawberry, and White Pepper Truffle. I need to use this stuff in my oil burner so my whole house smells so delicious!

In the imp, this smells exactly like strawberry shortcake, with an extra helping of whipped cream. Yum!

Wet: Om nom nom...

Dry: ...nom nom nom... (Strawberry gets a little sharper, like someone has eaten the shortcake and cream and left the fruity goodness.)

Later: ...nom nom nom! (Creamy note turns a little funky/rubbery like they usually do, but it's not that noticeable. Doesn't change much at all.)

Conclusion: Obviously I really want to eat this, but I have yet to make up my mind as to whether I want to smell like it. It would probably be really good for dates, because guys often compliment me when I wear sweet, candy-like scents. Did I mention it smells super tasty? Mmm.

i was hoping this would be more creamy white chocolate than actual chocolate... it's too cocoa-y for my tastes, but the strawberry is delicious! it smells sweet and sticky and edible. it dries down to a fruity cocoa scent.