Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Oils to relax, calm, soothe, restore your sanity...

I'm trying to decide what would best keep me sane through the twelve-hour workday ahead... gotta be there from noon to midnight, give or take a bit.

It'll probably either be Jester, 'cause it's the cheeriest scent I have, or Twilight, 'cause it's warm and soothing. Or possibly Spooky, which just rules all around.

Any thoughts?

Edited by ivyandpeony
tweaked title to include terms from merged threads & to aid hits from search engine

hey, me too! i have a 16 hour day on monday (event planning for international women's day). i am thinking of chesire cat, because it is citrusy and bright, and can probably keep my energy up.

:P p.s. i am not really frustrated, i just really like this emoticon!

i've tried water of notre dame 2x now, and although no one else has mentioned it, i keep getting whiffs of what seems to be musk. as musk and i generally don't get along, i thought i'd ask you nice ladies and gents: what would you recommend for a calming/soothing/centering sort of scent. i've discovered today that i like oneroi once the lavender blends instead of jumping out at you. until i found bpal i just wore a single note, neroli, if that's any help.

thanks!

Have you tried Yuki onna?

It smells really nice and I found it to be calming as well. Almost citrusy...

mmmmmm

I'm not sure if the scent was the culprit, but the first time I wore Strength (from the tarot oils) I kept nodding off at work... a bit TOO calming, perhaps. :P

I find The Apothecary and Alice very soothing in quite different ways. Rosalind is another possibility - it's very calm and quiet.

zombi put me to sleep..i literally had to go take a nap. pretty funny too considering what the name is. it left me completely zombified :P zzzz

Van Van smells like sweet grass and I thought Dana O'shee was very nice. The vanilla in it gave a cozy feel... Just me though!

i hadn't looked at zombi before as i associate it with laurell k. hamilton zombies <shudder>. i had wondered about van van and dana o'shee is on my wish list in swaps, so thanks to you all!

I need suggestions. Just started a new job recently and it has been quite hellish there lately. I've had 2 horrid days in a row. Need to smother myself in something to make me feel better. I know they all make you feel better, but any suggestions would be helpful.

I think the first necessary question is what do you have in your possession. Wouldn't want to depress you by suggesting something that hasn't made it to you yet!

snake oil, haunted, white chapel, veil, le serpent qui danse, maened, hollywood babylon, chimeria, queen of hearts, tombstone, vixen, phantom, thanatopsis, march hare, undertow, saturnalia, the raven, chesire cat, the caterpillar,gluttony, zephyr, glitter, libra, hellcat, black phoenix, black lotus, seralgio, lady macbeth, old madrid, cathedral, bruja, venom, wicked, rapture, lightning and cordelia (oh and Black Rose)

Edited by lorajc

From your list Gluttony, but I recently discovered Katharina in my Imp collection and that makes me sooo happy and chearful

I'd pick Hellcat and a glass of something niiiiiice.

Though something sleep inducing (no recs on that front since nothing works for me) might be helpful too since nothing cures a case of the bues for me like a nice long nap.

although it's not on your list, for me it's swank. when i put that on i turn into my loungey alter ego. troubles vanish and i'm ready for fun and a glass or two of good wine :P

Edited by any_old_actress

I have found that Beth's magical elixirs have kept me pretty much in a state of euphoria since my very first sniff. I look forward to my morning grooming rituals more than usual because I know I'll get to choose and apply my special scent of the day and I know it's going to be a great day.

Brujah. I have no idea why, but this is, right now, my favorite scent to wear to bed.

Might change when we get our additional order ... but for now, that's it.

The Caterpillar makes me feel so chill... just completely calm and at ease. I don't know why, but it works!

Whoooo arre yoouu ?

I have SERIOUS anxiety problems, and I have found that both Water of Notre Dame and Van Van calm me down really nicely. And Saturn, because it's so grounding, does the trick for me as well.