Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Oils to relax, calm, soothe, restore your sanity...

ENVY is my new scent for focusing, calming, getting to work, waking up, going to sleep, and just generally clearing everything bad or chaotic out from my room and body and life and making myself the productive, calm girl I would like to be all the time! The lavender and mint and even the green herbs on the drydown are just the ticket.

I'm so amazed, I wasn't even going to try it, but it is like some kind of magical mental medicine on me. I might have to order a big bottle to get me through grad school!

Alice and Veil are both very dreamy and relaxing for me. Wonderful for that last touch on the pillow before dreamtime!

After a particularly stressful incident at work where I had to raise my voice to a caller to get him to listen, and my hands and voice were shaking in utter frustration and annoyance, I need some help.

What scents are best to help you keep a level head and a calm heart? Brujah, thus far, has been soothing to me, but it's more of a sleepy soothing, and I don't need that at work. Something to help me stay patient with the idiots I deal with on a nightly basis .. as patience is something I am rather lacking in, admittedly.

I have been having a particularly frustrating week (Venus is starting to go retrograde and I'm a Libra)........anyway, yesterday I wore Crucible of Courage with a few drops of Water of Notre Dame. I think the Water of Notre Dame is very relaxing. I am wearing it on its own today. Another soothing one is Venus and for comfort, I'd go with Dana Oshee. Water of Notre Dame is the closest I can ever get to relaxing.....being the high strung person that I am.

I hope things get better for you. Work sucks!

I find the following very calming:

Bluebeard (yes, really!!)

Hymn

Libra

Marie

Pain & The Star (I layer these two)

Seraphim

Being me I'd probably wear Dragon's Milk or Queen Mab and then feel as though I could wipe the floor with the unbearable ones. :P

Hope something helps.

The Caterpillar is totally calming. I wear it when I KNOW I'm going to have a hard time staying patient at work and it's like my own little chill pill.

I'm glad I just ordered Van Van then.............sorry for the brief hijack.

I find Black Rose very calming. It's just so warm and cozy on me. Great for an afternoon nap. But it makes me so lazy.

Ya'll are all so helpful! Thank you!

I think .. barring further suggestions .. that when the new scents come out and I can make my new order, I'll be including at least Water of Notre Dame and Queen of Hearts. I already have Oneroi on order, I believe. And I think I might add Seraphim too. All of them are on my wishlist anyhow. (Though .. there's not a lot that aren't!)

Thank you all so much .. you rock!

Okay.........since I started the thread about being so emotional in randomness............what oils does everyone recommend for this time in my life. I'm sensitive, emotional, need to be strong, confident, and keep my dignity through all of this. With Venus retrograde (I emailed Nella - as I am a Libra), Beth recommends for the retrograde period that I wear Venus and Libra with extra rose oil or peppermint oil if possible. I wore Lucy's Kiss today (rose scent) and it seems to be helping somewhat. I wore it mainly cuz I read somewhere once that rose oil was supposed to help with self love (which I defnitely need right now).

I am open to all suggestions. Of note is that I have all of the Celestials and most of the Tarot blends on order (yes I am an addict). I have SEVERAL of the other regular scents so suggest away!!!!

I've been told to try Water of Notre Dame to help me keep calm at work .. maybe that would help you?

Besides that, the two I find very calming are Bruja and Nyx.

I'm interested in scents like this too and I've read that sandalwood and frankincense are very good for sensitivity, and it's funny, but I wore a mixture of these two oils to bed last night and it was very soothing.

I can't say for sure, as I haven't tried it yet, but Anne Bonny is patchouli, sandalwood and frankincense...maybe you could try that one? I've got this one coming in my next order...can't wait to try it.

Also meant to be good for gaining confidence is amber, frankincense, myrrh and violet...the only one I can see close to this is Faustus which is frankincense, cinnamon and violet. Hmmm, and it says "An infusion of incalculable power and irresistible temptation. Truly an exercise in megalomania and self-gratification" So maybe if you got just a little power-feeling from it, it might be a good thing! Maybe you could add the myrrh and amber if you have single notes.

Beth recommends for the retrograde period that I wear Venus and Libra with extra rose oil or peppermint oil if possible.

Interesting. As soon as I started reading this I was thinking Libra (yes I know you are Libra as am I) which I find very grounding. My next choice for myself would be Pain + The Star, don't ask me why but it just makes me feel stronger and somehow clearer. I shall have to try Pain with Libra. I agree with the suggestion of Water of Notre Dame and my other calming scents are: Hymn, Marie, Violet and Bluebeard (I think this is now Blackbeard on the BPAL site).

Edited by allamanda

Another vote for Water of Notre Dame. I had a shitty day, plus I'm tapering off my Ativan, and today I wore Water of Notre Dame, and I swear it made all the difference in the world. I was able to laugh off my worries, plus there's just something in that scent that makes me feel that eventually, all will be well in my world.

I've only tried a couple of BPAL scents, and none of them (yet) have been part of the Voodoo or Celestial categories, but I find that Scherezade really makes me feel warm and comfortable.

You know what might put Lucy's Kiss over the edge in helping with the self love...find a small piece of rose quartz and add it to your Lucy's Kiss (not sure how small you'd have to get the piece, but rose quartz is a stone that is OFTEN associated with self love)...I gave myself a rose quartz crystal ring to remind myself of the love I deserve and it's helped me ever since. Or you could always wear a piece of rose quartz jewelry that you oil the stone with Lucy's Kiss? Good luck!

**hugs and kisses**

~eclecticaura~

Oh, definitely Pain. For some reason, Pain always makes me very happy and calms me down if I'm upset, which has been quite often recently.

I'm actually buying a nebulizer and a 10 mL bottle of Pain, so I can have the scent to come home to.