Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Oils to relax, calm, soothe, restore your sanity...

I recently read about some studies that indicate frankincense is a natural anti-depressant. They were discussing it as burned incense, not oil, but I suppose the oils might work too.

A quick peek at my database reveals a selection ofblends with frankincense:

Kostnice - Wanderlust (discontinued though) : Frankincense, rosewood, lily, and geranium rose.

No. 93 Engine - Steamworks: Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage.

Hymn - Sin & Salvation: perfect rose absolute and Palestinian Lily of the Valley with olibanum, labdanum, frankincense and myrrh.

Faustus - Sin & Salvation: frankincense and cinnamon, darkened by violet.

Penitence - Sin & Salvation: frankincense and graceful myrrh.

Pumpkin V 2008 - Halloweenie: Pumpkin with cranberry, strawberry, red musk, red rose, rosehip, frankincense, fig, jasmine, and carnation.

Eclipse - Bewitching Brews: A delicious blend of bitter almond, vanilla, frankincense and heliotrope, with a drop of cinnamon. This one has the distinction of being lighter and more floral, I think it's gorgeous.

Lex Bijoux - Ars Amatoria: Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Dionysia - Carnival Diabolique: Wild plum, pomegranate, raspberry, Siamese benzoin, plum blossom, patchouli, frankincense, and mahogany.

Of course, there's oodles more. Personally I find Doc Constantine's Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener to be a great mood elevator for me. I simply can't maintain a grim mood while wearing it!!