Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

Unfortunately, O and I can't be friends, because all she smells of to me is baby powder.

O-

In Bottle: HONEY. Honey honey honey rich vanilla honey.

Wet: Sweetish, and then the honey blooms full again. Yum.

Dry: Rich delicious sweet vanilla honey. Another one of the "honest" scents for me, like Whip and Depraved--the same in the bottle and the wet and the dry-down. Yippee!

Overall: I love.

I'm going to wait a few days and try this one again, because it seems so off I wonder if my nose or my skin chemistry is funky right now.

In the imp- something smells off, and I can't for the life of me figure out what. Maybe the amber? It's just...pungent...?

Wet: Oh no, it finally happened. Play Doh. Play Doh and pungent something. Kind of like, ugh, saliva?

Dry: Ah, there's the honey. Very nice. Still sitting on top of the funky play-doh, sadly.

Edited by jesvet

This is one of my first BPAL loves, and still one of my top ten favorite regular catalogue. This has my 3 all time favorite notes in it; I couldn't ask for anything more perfect on my skin! It's a gorgeous honey vanilla scent, soft yet bold, creamy yet a bit powdery. Definitely smells white/yellow. The amber gives this a gorgeous sophistication, and turns it from little girl to love slave. I love the honey in this blend; it's seems so much softer and sweeter than the honey in Honey Moon. My husband loves this one on me, and I wear it whenever I feel like being his little love slave. :P Gorgeous! Superb! Bravo!! :D

O, you are going in my pile of favorites, alongside Jazz Funeral, Red Lantern, and Gluttony.

You may have the honor of getting Grey Goosed into perfume spray yet!

Lush's Mange Too, made liquid.

Sweet honey amber vanilla.

Same in the vial as it is on my skin, except warmer.

Smelled even better after a rigorous workout.

Haven't tried it out on the husband yet, though.

*Sigh*

This honey is just too sweet for me, unfortunately. It borders on sickly sweet on me, which is unfortunate.

Off to the swap pile for O. :P

I love honey so I had to try this even though I was worried about the powder factor. 3 hours in though and I still smell sweet honey that's only got a slight powdery tinge to it. It reminds me of a bowl of honey nut cheerios with milk! If this doesn't turn in the next couple of hours, it's bottle-worthy for certain.

A new love, O. Heavenly, from the first honeyed whiff in the bottle to the vanilla peaking out wet on the skin and ending up as an hours-long delectable scent when dry. I'm in lust with O.

Ooh, all my favorite note in one place! I should like this a lot! *sniff* Ooh, very pretty! Honey is amping on me, as always, and amber is the second note. The vanilla is fading in and out, like it can't decide whether or not really wants to be there. Very foody.

O is one of the scents I kept fantasizing about before I got my very first order from the lab a few weeks ago. There are doodles in all my notebooks because I was so stoked.

I put off testing O until day 5 or so, and slowly came to the realization that I cannot stand what it does on my skin. It actually smells repulsive to me just in the imp, now, too. Something about the honey is so sickly sweet and yet weirdly fermented that all I imagine when it wafts up from my skin is rotting fruit left out in the sun. :D

So disappointing... I wanted to revel in smelling like orgasmic sex and all I got was browning apple cores. :P

It’s heavily honeyed out of the bottle, and I am immediately afraid that it will turn sour or clay-ish on me -- it seems to be edging towards that Play-Doh note that made me miserable in Bengal. It hasn’t done it, but it’s hovering on the edge. Back, O! I want to like you, I really do! Stay my friend!

The honey is strong; the vanilla, a bit less so. The weird clay smell is stronger than either. I have no confidence in detecting amber. I find myself wanting spice to ground the scent.

It isn’t going all the way toward Play-Doh... instead, it’s caught in some weird intermediate realm between honey and Play-Doh. Because this is generally commended one of the Lab’s most sexual scents, I find myself wondering if I just don’t appreciate it properly, but a glance back through other reviews on the forum convinces me that, no, it really isn’t supposed to smell like this. Darn.

awwright, I'm reviewing an aged bottle and the gal who sent it to me said it smelled a *lot* nicer to her when it was new, so this may be a bit wonky. But..

WOWsweet. Vanilla, lots of that, and the usual suspect -- Play-Doh. Doesn't change, doesn't morph, and my skin feels curiously slightly gummy where i dabbed the oil. We are not fond. I'll pass it around to some of my friends who like the sweets and see if any of them like it... otherwise it's up to ebay. I'm sure *some*one in the universe will go, "Yesss! OMG, Aged O! I *love* that stuff!" :P

On me, this smells like vanilla with a touch of musky honey if I sniff close, and the throw is baby powder with a touch of honey. The longer I wear it, though, the more honey and less baby powder I get.

I'm witholding judgement until I get the full range, but I don't think this and I will be getting along.

This goes on a sweet, warm scent. Vanilla and honey and amber, oh my! All my favorite scents. It smells divine and the scent stays pretty true all the way until it fades. A very sexy, pretty, warm scent.

I am in love.

I wanted to like this, really. None of the sexy/slinky scents ever work on me :P It smells powdery and sickeningly sweet, and reminds me rather of Gluttony. I'm sure on someone this smells gorgeous. On me, it smells loathsome.

Someone else can have it!

Bottle: mostly amber and some honey with a touch of powder.

Skin I: powdery amber with a small swirl of honey.

Skin II: very powdery amber with a very slight hint of fading honey.

I didn't get any vanilla in this scent, it was mainly a warm, powdery amber. Even the honey wasn't very prominent. A nice simple scent but just not terribly unique or wonderful.

Edited by fairytale22

Bottle: sharp vanilla and honey

Skin: Okay wet, still sharp mostly vanilla. Drying down, I was convinced I would hate this and to the swap pile it would go because I was getting the baby powder and the play dough and the everything else that could possibly go wrong. Then something magical happened and it transformed into this wonderful, warm, slightly musky honey vanilla just like it should, all signs of baby powder and play dough erased. I always try something a couple of times before I make a judgement call, but I think I'm in love.

In the bottle:

I smell the amber, honey and vanilla. It smells damp.

Wet:

Mostly honey and vanilla - the amber has completely taken a backseat, except in adding this tiny little kick... makes it smell a little bit like almond or shea butter. Very light and clean, with a heavy intoxicating edge. As contradictory as that sounds.

Dry down:

If I didn't know better, I would swear that there was milk in here, too. The amber, honey and vanilla are definitely distinct, and in mixing they give an almond feel, similar to Dana O'Shee but not quite as foody. Very sweet and pleasant, but also very heavy.

Final thoughts:

It smells delicious, but I think it's too heavy for me. It's like a cross between Snake Oil and Dana O'Shee, and I think that those scents are better left separate - this is too sweet and foody for it to be as heavy as it is. I'm definitely glad I tried it, though.

When I first put this on, all I could smell was the honey note. I wish I got a bit more of the vanilla, but I like this. On the drydown, however, the vanilla creeps out, and the amber makes an appearance. THIS I could wear everyday. Unfortunately, the amber begins to assert itself on the later drydown and takes center stage. While I wouldn't mind a bit of this, it overpowers everything else to the point where it's all I can smell once it's dry. My skin must amp the amber. I like this one when it's wet and on the initial dry down, but I think my imp of this is off to the swaps because I really don't like the dry stage.

i just put some of this on a little while ago and i really like it. i can really smell the honey in it. it went on kind of strong, but after a little while it died down into a softer, almost powdery honey scent.

The first time I tried this, I got a gorgeous honeyed, milky scent that dried into a slightly sweet skin scent. The next day, I got play-doh! I weep. I insist on continuing to try it, though, in hopes that it was a moon thing.

unfortunately, this was way too sweet for me. basically, super-sweet honey. sweet enough to make your teeth hurt. i didn't get any amber or vanilla. this one's just not for me.

Wow.

In the imp, this is really foody and sweet.

On me this is amber and sweet, sweet honey. But instead of the innocent light sugary honey I get from others (Block Buster, Athens), this is entirely naughty. Raunchy even, though I'm not sure why. Very sexy, and I can't stop sniffing it!

WOW. On first sniff, this is a spicy, heady honey--it reminds me of Honey Moon, actually. As it dries, the honey gives way to warm vanilla, just a little. This isn't foody to my nose, but it's sensual, sweet, decadent. It warms over time, and it's so compelling. I love this.