Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Sistinas

Goona Goona

A soft, sweet peace and harmony blend. Used to create an atmosphere of compassion, understanding, trust and love. This is particularly useful in mediation, calming tense or volatile situations, and in strengthening relationships.

I bought 5 ml of this scent based soley on description and personal use. In the bottle it is very very soft and sweet, almost unnoticeable. On me it does not change much, but it does waft from my hand, it does indeed invoke a sense of peace. The sweetness I am guessing is a soft floral, possibly rose. I wish I was better at detecting seperate notes. In contrast to Tushnamatay, another favorite of mine and suggested meditation oil, Goona Goona has none of Tush's spicy characteristics. I generally use Tushnamatay in my oil burner, but I can see myself using Goona Goona on me while I try to meditate.

Goona Goona smells to me like a mix of Water of Notre Dame (or Hymn) and a single note white floral. The floral is stronger than I though it would be.

It is peaceful but in a different way than Tushnamutay. Is says gender neutral but I get a very feminine quality to this one.

It is very peaceful, but more "airy" then the lightly "earthy" Tushnamutay.

This is a very very light scent, in the vial the blend smells like roses, incredibly soft and white. It doesnt intrude at all, its just lightly sits and blends in subtley wih your own fragrance. It got a vote of approval from my better half who rarely voices an opinion on such things. This one is definitely a keeper.

:P

Goona Goona smells to me like a mix of Water of Notre Dame (or Hymn) and a single note white floral. The floral is stronger than I though it would be.

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Smells like Water of Notre Dame, but flowerier.

I didn't realize that it was the peace and compassion one when I put it on. But, that explains alot about how I've been feeling today. I've been very peaceful. Maybe a little too peaceful since I'm at work.

But, good stuff.

This is really beautiful. It brings to my mind, my grans house about 20 years ago. She wore a tea rose perfume, shes chopping limes, and out in the backyard theres that soft breeze of Lavender (or is it the Marjoram?) I actually wore this visiting her a few days ago. Shes been incredibly depressed, She loved it so much I'm making her a spray bottle with it! She actually smiled and said the smell was so good! I know Beths oil voodoo blends work, but this was absolutley the most wonderful reaction I have ever had from a voodoo blend.

Edited by Nadirah

This is an amazingly effective blend. I was extremely upset about some stupid policy my work had recently put into place. I needed to talk to my manager about it and I was dreading it so much that I was shaking. Goona Goona had arrived a few days before so I slathered it on and hurried off to work. Somewhere between the store and my house I found the rose scent calming me down. I was completely composed and ready to discuss things calmly only ten minutes later. Amazing!

The strongest thing I smell is roses with a hint of some sort of spice rounding it off. Maybe pepper? Sounds odd, but it's a gorgeous scent.

goona goona

at first: flowers, but with an herb that i don't really like the smell of.

on: herbal and floral. however, there's something i don't quite like about it. there may be some lemon or other citrus that just doesn't fit.

1 hour later: a bit of a wood-like scent is coming out. i think this might be better in an oil burner than on me.

2 hours later: very light and powdery. mostly citrussy.

3 hours later: much more biting now. interesting.

overall: i think i'll try using this when i need to be calmer, since it did seem to relax me quite a bit. it will probably work best in my oil burner.

First sniff: Mostly powdery rose. Darn.

Wearing: A soft aura of rose, as if I’m walking around in a cloud of white petals. It goes a bit soapy almost instantly – rose-scented soap. Sadly, this one is not for me.

At first, this made me think, “Old woman powder.” However, while drying, this morphs into a nice, sweet rose powder. Roses and I don’t get along, but I’m actually okay with the roses in Goona Goona. This is a strong scent with some serious wafting power. After an hour, the powder is strong, but the roses not so. This become musty powder in second hour. It sort of goes back to the pleasant rose powder stage, but for the most part, it’s still musty. It’s really unpleasant in the fifth hour, becoming really stale and musty. It makes me think of a chalk eraser, but this is more the musty, somewhat yellow, dry powder you encounter when you open a trunk of your grandmother’s in the attic. A few minutes after I typed this out, this has reverted to becoming pleasant rose powder (emphasis on powder). One Goona for the unpleasant smell, one Goona for the rose powder.

Goona Goona is very herbal and earthy, with a faint hint of spice. Moss and tiny roses. There's something dry and sharp, too--vetiver maybe? I can see how this would be a good oil for meditation.

Preconceived notions:

I've been waiting for the right situation to try Goona Goona and it looks like the time is now. With my wedding a month away, tensions are running high (mainly because of religious differences between my parents and my fiance's mom) and everyone's on edge and irritable, I'm really hoping that this one works because I could really use all the help I can get with keeping this whole thing from derailing. :D

First sniff:

Herbal, somewhat soapy and a little astringent (it doesn't smell astringent, exactly, but it burns my nose, if that makes sense). It's a pleasant enough scent as far as fragrance goes, which is good, but what really matters is whether it works or not, so we shall see.

Wet on skin:

I dabbed this somewhere inconspicuous as is my custom with the majority of the voodoo blends...on my stomach if you must know (:D) because I don't generally like to wear to vodooo blends where I can really smell them (they generally don't appeal to me scent-wise), so it's a little hard to tell, but it's apparently decided t become a floral scent because I smell dried roses and not much else now. I'd say there's definitely rose in here...rose is one of the few flowers I recognize almost all the time.

Dry down:

Dried roses is all I smell now, which would be grounds for getting rid of this if it weren't a voodoo blend (I don't like the way a lot of them smell, but they're not about smelling good - at least not for me). I put this on right before I went over to my fiance's house and the results were almost immediate - no bad moods, no arguments and a solution to the religious differences thing before I could even bring the subject up myself. Goona Goona's a lifesaver. :D

The bottom line:

I really wish this hadn't been discontinued. It works like a charm but I'm going to have to ration what little I have which makes me sad. :P

Bottle (Imp): A touch sharp, a tiny bit sweet, almost a champagne like tickling of my nose. It smells effervescent.

Just On: I think there is citrus in here. This is a sparkly scent.

An hour or two later: Sparkly, but with a hint of some household cleaner scent to it.

Around 6 hours: Wow, this is gone already.

12 hours: Yeah, so it's still gone.

Overall: This is a bubbly scent. It fairly radiates contentness, and happy happy joy joy to me. Not like Joy Mojo, but close.

After reading other reviews: Goodness, I seem to have gotten a very different scent from this while wearing. I didn't get roses, any kind of wood, none of that.

First on, this smells just a tad aquatic and a little bit salty surprisingly. But oh so quickly it finds it's true scent on me: ah, there's that gorgeous rose. It does smell soapy, but in that regard the blend achieves what's it's after- soapy smells calm me. It does turn noticeably powdery, maybe just a touch spicy, with a tiniest bit of an herb.

I get a very clear mental image when I first put this on. I see little white roses, glittering and wet with someone's tears. I see the roses as comforting this person and taking their pain away. A sort of musty/spicy woods scent creeps up in the background after a few minutes. It begins to smell astringent and medicinal on me in a way that I can't really describe.

15 minutes after applying Goona Goona... this is both soapy and powdery, but I am mostly getting a dish soap scent :P

It has faded away entirely after a half hour. Sad. I really liked this when I first tried it on. The drydown just doesn't work on me.

Origin - part of the discontinued circular swap

Wet - it's hard to pick out individual notes, but there appears to be a light rose in here. Unfortunately, it's a bit on the soapy side.

Dry - oh yes, full on powdery rose, with something pleasant, another floral underneath. The powdery rose is overwhelming the other note. I would love to try this for efficacy, but unfortunately, it's just not going to work on me.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2 .

In the imp: Hmm, a little herbally... and is that rose?

On: Why yes, that's rose, taking over and bludgeoning all the other notes into submission. Phooey.

My chemistry loves roses and amps the hell out of them - sadly, my nose and my chemistry don't agree when it comes to roses.

Goona Goona just ain't for me. Though the name's fun to say. Sounds like one of the random noises I make while chasing the cat around. :P

Goona Goona

In the imp: patchouli, and something sharp and a bit sour?

Wet on skin: oh my, is that geranium I smell, surfacing from the patchouli? I think it is…this is the first time I can actually smell a prominent geranium note in a BPAL. There may be rose in here too, maybe lavender?

Dry on skin: whoa, this is now a good strong geranium scent, with a bit of patchouli, and maybe a little hint of rose and a lemon herb like lemongrass. But mainly geranium-that slightly herbal, slightly lemony, and with a rich, full, almost rose like scent. This may even be my mum's favourite-Bourbon geranium.

After a while: now it smells more like rose. it's also slightly herbal and dusty/powdery and dry at this stage. I think the geranium is lingering a bit. There may be orris or sandalwood in here as well. It's also a bit sharper now.

Verdict: such a shame that this was discon'd, because this is, so far, the only BPAL I've tried with a good, strong, prominent geranium note. It smells like my mum's Bourbon geranium oil, and it's the dominant note in this blend-though there is also some patchouli and possibly rose or lemon verbena/grass, and maybe sandalwood too. The drydown is a sort of sharp rose with herbs. I love the smell of geranium (always reminds me of mum) and I'm glad to have tried this scent. I'm hoping it's positive effects will take hold-I may need to give this another try before I send the circular swap on (this is part of the discontinued swap circle) to test out the scent's intent.

I decided to try this out on Thursday before going to work. Scent-wise it's a very soft rose scent. Rose and powder, but with something that smells almost like lavendar underneath. Not my type of scent, but I wanted to wear it for it's purpose not scent so I dabbed a bit on my stomach. I immediately felt calm. My shoulders relaxed and I felt like I could take on the world. Work was pretty crazy that day - politics, heavy workload, stress because of a coworker's sick child - but everything I faced seemed to become easier and calmer everytime I touched my stomach. It was like Goona Goona just knew when it was needed. I'm so, SO happy I have a good half bottle of this. I'm definitely going to keep it in my box for those tense situations when I need a little help.

sweet and heavily floral, like very old perfume of the kind my Nan would have worn in her youth. Not for me at all due to my bad relationship with florals (they abuse me so!).

Goona Goona is beautiful. It’s incredibly subtle – it’s exactly what I expected Water of Notre Dame to be, actually. The scent has just the tiniest hint of soft rose, and I would guess it’s a light pink rose by the sweetness of the scent. There is a hint of something that smells like incense – but just a touch of it. Or maybe it’s sandalwood. Or maybe it’s both? It’s really hard to tell. Every note in this scent is so subtle and they are blended so perfectly that it’s difficult to pick the various scents out. This is an incredibly peaceful and calming scent. I definitely wouldn’t wear it to make an impression. I’d wear it for personal use, when I need to be calm, peaceful and serene. Considering how subtle it is, I’m also impressed by how long it lasts. Too bad this is discontinued and so hard to find.

Soft and sweet flowers. A truly pale blend, yet with the same herbal undercurrent of Water of Notre Dame. I've had very good experiences with all of the mediation blends, and this is no exception, it helps me go right to that calm place whenever I wear it.

In Bottle: Floral soap

On Skin: Super strong tart rose. I also smell a slightly herbal note, maybe geranium. I can see this being a blend for compassion, understanding and love because it totally reminds me of my grandmother. She used to leave these little rose and leaf shaped tea soaps in the guest bathroom and these match their scent perfectly. That really transports me back to her house and how safe and good I felt there. Generally I don’t like rose, and I don’t want to wear this blend, but I like to smell it and think of her. Soft to medium throw and average wearlength (3 hours).

Goona Goona - From the DC swap circle.

In the imp: Herbal baby powder.

On me/wet: Powdery, a little rose, and hint of light resins (to me, anyway).

Drydown: Definitely gets more rosy, and normally I enjoy rose. This one is more of a powdery old lady rose, and I don't really like it much. And it's super strong on me.

I think I'll stick with White Light.

In the imp: rose, mainly rose.

On the skin: rose initially. This is a really pretty scent and I’m glad to try it. There’s an underlying rose smell, but it smells like there could be a touch of vanilla and musk. There’s a similarity here to Lucretia. I also smell some of the typical voodoo oils.