Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

PUMPKIN III
Pumpkin with pink grapefruit, lemon verbena, yuzu, lime, parsley, and mint.

In the bottle it smells tart.

On me, wet, the pink grapefruit shows up first. Oh, yummy citrus! My mouth is watering. Lemon, lime, and grapefruit, with the lemon verbena backing it up. I can't smell any pumpkin yet, or parsley, or mint, and I have no idea what Yuzu is...*goes to look it up* Ah, another citrus, similar to a grapefruit with overtones of mandarin.

So far this is all citrus on me, but, very tasty citrus. Moderate to strong throw.

bottle: pumpkin and lime.

wet: the cirtus is very sweet, mostly lime and graperfruit with a hint of yuzu while the pumpkin takes the background.

dry: imagine the best parts of sweet citrus and sprinkle that over the yummiest parts of sweet pumpkin. a very feminine pumpkin.

This starts out with strong buttery pumpkin mixed with strong sweet/sour citrus. The pumpkin fades on drydown. I love citrus, but have discovered that I am not fond of pumpkin. I really like the dry down on this one, but it won't be displacing Envy as my citrus of choice.

Whew, a strong citrus! I mainly get yuzu and grapefruit on my skin, with some sweetness that I think is verbena. I love citrus, but something in this is giving me a headache. I'll have to retry it later.

This starts as bright grapefruit - it's deliciously tart! It does settle to be not such a bright citrus, but the overall tone is still clearly citrus. It's sweet and girly and I like that it tones down the nutty quality of the pumpkin. This is one of my favorite BPAL pumpkin scents I think, thumbs up!

This is gorgeous. I tried it once last night but didn't smell any pumpkin. Today while still wet I smell the pumpkin and citrus(juicy red grapefruit and lime). It's not a heavy pumpkin scent for those afraid of pumpkin. Not buttery at all, but a slightly sweetened citrus blend. I like this so much better than Embalming fluid and all the other citrus blends I have tried. It's really pretty and one I won't fear wearing around non BPAL people. Looks like I may actually break my promise to myself and get a bottle of this one.

Edit: I know what this reminds me of - a Mojito. It didn't fade as I feared. Lingered all day, pretty close to the skin. I was at a craft fair and once in awhile I would catch this whiff of something so delicious and realized it was me. This one is good. Maybe my favorite pumpkin because it's not really all that pumpkin but just uses the pumpkin to sweeten.

Edited by DeniseScan

Oh, yum! A very subtle pumpkin scent with just enough citrus. Dries to a very soft, light, and feminine scent (at least on my skin).

In my locket, it's bright, tart and sweet at the same time, with just enough pumpkin but not too much to make me sick. It's a tropical autumn scent, like someone carving pumpkins in the Keys. This is the perfect summer into fall scent.

What a lovely combination. You might not think that pumpkin, mint and citrus would blend to create something fabulous... but you'd be wrong.

In the imp: I definitely smell the pumpkin... the mint peeks through as well.

Wet: More mint now and here comes the citrus! I smell lemon and a touch of lime.

Dry: The scent settles into a lovely combination of tangy citrus, cool mint and clean parsley. What pumpkin is left stays in the background now.

This was a kind and gracious gift from an anonymous source... thank you!!

In the bottle, I smell that distinctive buttery pumpkin note along with sweet citrus. On the skin, it blends to form the scent of some type of delicious pumpkiny citrus dessert, like key lime pumpkin pie...if it doesn't exist, it should! :P When I slathered on more midday at work, the citrus notes really emerged, while the pumpkin stayed subtle, creamy and sweet in the background. This is truly an amazing pumpkin scent, definitely bottle worthy!

Umm... this might make me an alien, but I got a lavender/licac smell for a while after putting this on. :P

I thought at first that maybe my decanter had confused some pumpkins as there were florals listed in another one and not in this one, but I can smell the citrus now, so it has to be this one. The lavender headache smell has almost disappeared and I can small grapefruit and a hint of sweet lemon.

I like it better the longer I wear it, but all in all, I think I'm safe from this one.

ok...straight sniff from imp this is so effin awesome...

fresh, bright citrus and pumpkin....lordy....

once applied the pumpkin, parsley and mint combine with the citrus and

this is my dream pumpkin blend of all times... :P

i seriously need like a gallon of this stuff...amazing!!!

in the bottle: Citrus! Yum. I get the lemon and grapefruit and it's delicious.

wet: Burst of Citrus! Floating grapefruit and the lime sneaking in. There's an undercurrent of something buttery and nasty which I suspect is the pumpkin.

dry: the nasty buttery thing fights with the gorgeous lime and grapefruit. It's winning. It also now is very close to the skin and the citrus is going quick.

fast dry down, low throw and short life.

I don't get any mint as such. I think it is the subtle sweetness that keeps the citrus from going too sharp. The lime is GORGEOUS. What I'm assuming is the pumpkin ruins this for me. I'd like this without the pumpkin please!

Holy citrus pumpkin.

This is really refreshing. Kinda foody, but more drinkable than eatible. I can detect everything seperately, and then I huff again and am simply blown away by how it all blends together to makes this pumpkin blend, cool, citrusy, and well rounded.

Edited by Schmoozy

Mint and pumpkin in the imp. Talk about a weird smell. My nose isn't quite sure what to make of that.

Wet on skin, this is citrus mint with pumpkin in the background. It's once again lending an almost coconut note to the smell. Not unpleasant, sort of like a creamy tropical body lotion at the moment.

And that's where it stays. Fruity, creamy, like a coconut-based cocktail. I would drink this if something smelled like it, for sure. I'm glad to have my decant and I will ponder whether I need more.

The pumpkin shows up first, but then all the citrus puts on its stompy boots and walk all over the poor pumpkin leaving nothing but smashed bits behind. This one won't work on me at all, and I didn't really think it would.

My first application of this was overwhelmingly herbal, ala parsley.

This second application is much different. Wet it smells strongly like Tweedledee, with that fruit loops scent, minus the pepper. YUM! I always wished for tweedledee with less pepper. Not sure why they smell so dead-on similar, as they don't share any notes (of the ones listed, of course. I think they must share some unlisted component). I think it's the Yuzu and lime that I'm smelling predominantly, but I'm terrible at picking out individual notes. The drydown has everything much more.. well consolidated I guess. It's not as tart and not SCREAMING CITRUS at you. Mainly dries down to a lime-y pumpkin. My favorite pumpkin and possibly favorite weenie so far.

This one is a very interesting pumpkin. I got a very strong grapefruit/citrus on top of a soft buttery pumpkin. I find this to be a 'light' pumpkin kinda blend - the citrus keeps it from being buttery heavy, the pumpkin is like the base, and it's light, juicy and just ever so slightly minty.

Very on the fence on whether I actually like it or not. It's... well, quite unlike any other pumpkin I ever tried. I also worry on how well the citrus will keep, over time.

Who knew I amped lime? :P

In the imp, I get a minty citrus with no pumpkin at all, which is unusual because my nose is good at picking out pumpkin notes.

When it's first on my skin, it's LIME - nothing else, no mint, no pumpkin, just LIME.

As time passes, it becomes non-capslock lime and turns into a very pretty lime-lemon citrusy scent. I have never smelled the pumpkin and the mint has disappeared. Unfortunately, this has no staying power at all and has almost completely faded in about an hour. If it stayed on my skin longer, I would get a bottle and save it for summer.

Lovely! It starts out suprisingly similar to Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal, but the citrus is much brighter. Once on the sweetness from the pumpkin backs down quite a bit and lime is front and center with a touch of grapefruit. After a while I get an almost fizzy sweet lemon lime scent.

I may need to track down a bottle.

This one was NOT what I expected--at all. In the bottle, it smells like pumpkin and citrus. Wet on the skin, and for the first half hour or so, it is richly pumpkin and VERY green, the parsley extremely dominant. Slowly, the citrus notes peek out, and then they're gone within an hour. Then I'm left with just pumpkin, lightly spicy and buttery on its own, which has little throw but lasts for a good 6 hours. Definitely one I'll wear when I'm looking for a fall scent that isn't too "spicy".

Wet in imp - Pumpkin, lime and pink grapefruit, with the tiniest hint of lemon verbena.

Wet on skin - Earthy pumpkin tempered with the citrus fresh sweetness of lime and grapefruit.

Dry on skin - Sadly the fresh citrus has faded to a tiny lemony ping with a great big bawomp of pumpkin. It's unique but I don't think I need a bottle of this. I prefer the nice blend of pumpkin with spices in Samhain 2008.

"Bright" is a good descriptor for this scent. At first it's lots of grapefruit and sweet lemon. Over time, I continue to get lots of bright, sweet citrus, with the pumpkin just barely there in the background adding a touch of warmth. The throw? Froot Loops! There's more depth than that, and it's nicer than Froot Loops, really, but that's the quick first impression I get from it.

This is very, very pretty, but I'm going to have to try wearing it all day to decide if I need a bottle. I'm afraid it might be too sweet for all-day wear, but I hope not!

In the imp: CELERY?! srsly, it's celery.

Wet: Celery, morphing into sparkly citrus and mint, and easing thence into lemon verbena. Pumpkin? he no here.

Dry: Celery. I swear, as Ghu is my witness. Not a lot of folks can carry off the scent of a decorative vegetable, and I am not among them. Not a wash-off, but not a keeper. If it had stayed in that sparkling citrus/mint phase...

Citrusy pumpkin... I can't quite figure out if I like this or not! Wet on my skin it repelled me a little, but as it dries I begin to like it slightly more. It's almost a bit too candy-ish for me, but not *quite*... I'll have to revisit this one.

"No."

That's what I told Jack, when he came back to my door, this time dressed in fine green livery.

"I told you, I'm not interested."

He shuffled around a bit in his garish outfit... just a bit over the top - too green, too leafy, very sharp in more ways than one. But underneath that initially crisp outside appearance I knew that his pumpkiny, buttery oozy skin was lurking below. Even now I could see the diffuse orangeness seeping everywhere, and I could just tell nothing was going to be different this time.

Impression: Very sharp citrus and an initial leafy mint that quickly fades, leaving the buttery strangeness of Jack-on-my-skin that I cannot escape. The combination of citrus (which does not play nicely with me) and pumpkin is not a good one for me!

I've already passed off this would-be salesman to throw his pitch elsewhere.