Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

This is pure, uncomplicated, wonderful milk chocolate. It doesn't mutate into anything else, and it stays around for a few hours. Near to perfect.

My impression:

Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate....and it is the Cocoa kind of chocolate.

Yummy enough but not something I really want to smell like. :P

Oooh, wow.

This is not just chocolate. It's CHOCOLATE.

In the imp, it's pure, pure chocolate. Very drinkable. I was surprised by how light it was too, but mmm. It smells fabulous. It's a milkier chocolate than my bottle of 13, obviously, because I don't get the orange or iris notes. Very much the yum.

Once on and wet, it's instantly hershey's syrup. Very sweet and fluid and almost viscous. I like this.

I can't believe how true this is staying, No morphing at all really. It did go through one phase where it was very dry and had a touch of vanilla, but morphed back some.

It's dried a bit to more cocoa -- it's sort of like dutch process cocoa, floating in the air, but my skin is warming it. Really, it reminds me of nothing more than brownies, or these chocolate fudge cookies I make.

Very nostalgic, in a way, because when I sniff my wrist I feel like I should be baking, mixing batter and checking in the oven for the doneness. Yummy.

I really like this. The boy told me when I first got the imp that I should wear this if I wanted him to lick me. He's a huge chocoholic.

So I think I'll wear it tomorrow, since we're going to visit my parents. I'm evil like that. :P

This isn't something I'd wear every day, though, as it's a bit foodier than I want my perfume to be, and I think I'm more likely to layer it, or perhaps get some unscented conditioner to mix it with so my hair has a lovely chocolate scent. That's a bit more what I'd like, I think, than chocolate perfume.

But it's good. It's very good.

Guest Titania

Well, I'm not one for chocolate. My tastes have changed over the years and the child who would only eat chocolate morphed into vanilla/strawberry and various fruits kinda gal.

This was sent as a sample with my imps and I thought "why would I wear chocolate?". On first sniff, it was Hershey Bar with Almonds. OK, not bad so I gave it a try.

It was strong but not sweet. Once it was on, it started smelling like Betty Crocker brownie batter that I eat out of the bowl before I even bake the brownies. A grainy note, with a higher cocoa content than Betty Crocker. OK, OK, I know I said I don't eat much chocolate but that was my guilty pleasure. So is this oil.

I watched "Chocolat" for the first time with Johnny Depp and wore this oil. The movie is fab and the oil just made it even better. It's yummy.

Bliss

In the imp: mmm, chocolate! *drools* This actually smells like chocolate brownies, with a hint of nuts. Or Cadbury's Whole Nut chocolate.

Wet on skin: now it smells like cocoa powder, or drinking chocolate in powdered form. It's not as yummy as it smelt in the imp.

Dry on skin: yup, it's chocolate. It's not the 'chocolate bar' scent I was expecting, this is more of a dry scent, or like cocoa powder, but quite yummy none the less.

After a while: this fades pretty fast. All I'm left with is a little hint of cocoa and sweet milk. It is, I'm afraid, a bit flat on me. I hate my stupid skin and my stupid hormones!

Actually, this doesn't fade-it returns, but still remains a flat cocoa smell. I'm even afraid to say that I even detect a bit of plastic there.

Verdict: in the vial, it is truly delicious. Yummy, nutty chocolate, sweet and rich, indulgent and yummy. But on the skin, it's not as nice…something in my skin sucks out all the rich chocolate goodness and leaves a slightly flat cocoa powder and a hint of sweet milk scent. Like a hot chocolate drink-but slightly watered down, and slightly plastic. It's not bad, it still is quite an edible scent, but I actually prefer the chocolate notes in 13, Velvet and Gluttony, they are fuller and richer. But this is nice as a single note chocolate scent and maybe for layering possibilities-I just wish that on my skin, it smelt as delicious as it was in the imp! Maybe I should try this again when I'm not having that monthly crisis, or as a room fragrance.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the bottle: Cocoa powder in a bottle. Huh. I mean, I know Beth can do wonderful things with oils but I never imagined that Bliss would really smell like, well, chocolate.

Wet: Cocoa powder and sugar. Like when my father makes fudge. It does smell good enough to eat, but I'm not about to mix it into cookies or anything like that.

Dry down: Cocoa. I'm not anticipating this going through any really interesting stages, really. It's nice, but I'm not sure that I really want to smell like chocolate all day. I'll probably keep the imp around, though. Maybe smelling it will calm my chocolate cravings. Nah, it'll most likely exacerbate them, but it still smells really good.

Dry: Yep. Still cocoa.

Bottle: Chocolate Cookie! YUMMY!

On skin: Much more chocolatly here. Milk chocolate. YUMMY! Doesn't last long though.

Burner: Basically an chocolate cookie scent again.

I call these kind of scents "torture scents" because foodie scents, except for foods I don't often eat, tend to be "painful" for me as there's no chocolate for me to eat. I don't often get foodie scents for that reason. This is a great blend, but people who love foodie scents would appreciate it more than I do.

I'm hungry. Imp? Sure. Bottle? No. 6/10

In the vial: Chocolate and peanut and hazelnut

On my skin: Cocoa Puffs and Cocoa Crispies cereal

Dry down: Less puffs more Wonka and Godiva

I want to eat this.

bliss.jpg

In bottle and on skin-- pure, rich CHOCOLATE. I wish I were edible. Technically, I am edible, but that is called cannibalism and is generally frowned upon. :D

Seriously, though. This was a perfect chocolate scent. It made me go all gooey-nostalgic. Every summer my siblings and I looked forward to my mom taking us to Hershey Park. Every single time we would go to the parking lot pavilion for a picnic lunch, followed immediately by the chocolate factory tour to get our free bar of chocolate for dessert (in the good ole days when they gave a full sized bar instead of the little samples sizes!). This is some of the best memories from my childhood trapped in a bottle!

Recommendation: I put Bliss on after a bath in lush's ma bar followed by a rubdown with the lush honeymooners massage bar. I smell like a sweet edible honey covered chocolate. Bliss really is deserving of the name. Mmmmmmmmmm……I'm off to sniff me some more. I would love to mix this oil with shampoo, lotions, bath gels, and anything else i can get my grubby little hands on!

:P

Edited by jewelbug

In the bottle:

Oh my god, chocolate. And not just any chocolate -- it's cake batter. No idea how she does that.

Wet:

And even more bizarre: the cake batter becomes BAKED on my skin, turning all warm and toasty. Amazing.

Drydown:

Alas, the drydown turned sour and nasty, and just a bit metallic. My old roommate R. and I both tried it on, and both ended up having to wash it off because the sweetness was gone.

Someone sent me another frimp of Dragonfly Blue's Almond Truffle oil, which is a chocolate that actually lasted on me, so I think I'll be sticking with that.

Edited by sophia_helix

I'm sorry, I seem to have died and gone to heaven.

Seriously though... I got an Imp of this in my last order, and it was so full that when I opened the cap a little oil spilled out over my hands, so I just sort of rubbed my hands together. In the vial, this is pure milk chocolate, with some almonds. Like one of those big Hershey bars. On my skin, it becomes-- I swear-- warmer, somehow, until it smells like warm, slightly powdery milk chocolate. The almonds fade a bit, but they're still there, and I'm pretty sure there's a slight hint of vanilla as well.

The throw on this isn't spectacular, and we'll see how long it lasts, but if this sticks around for any length of time I'm going to have a hard time not licking myself. This is the purest, most spectacular chocolate-scent I've ever been exposed to. If I could make the whole world smell like this, I so would. :P

[edit] I tried this again today and while it is simply divine (and smells exactly like the square of Hershey's I just ate... I mean exactly), it doesn't quite have the throw I'm looking for. I'll purchase a 5mL if I come into some unexpected cash, but it's not a "damn the rent, I must have this NOW!" scent. At least, I'm trying to convince myself it isn't...

Edited by WidgetAlley

This is one of those scents that really morphs from wet to dry on me. In the bottle, I do just get the heavenly milk chocolate smell. However, when I dabbed it on my wrist and the smelled it wet I got a heavy hit of toasted nut that I didn't particularly care for. It smelled almost burnt, in a way.

Glad that I had patience. Within just a minute or two the nutty smell was gone and it smelled as though I had rubbed a Hershey bar all over myself. How wonderful! :P

CHOCOLATE!!

But more like Tootsie Rolls type chocolate to me...Which isn't really chocolate, right? :P

Pretty frickin' cool how Beth does this....'Cept, I want to eat my chocolate, not wear it/smell like it :D

ohhh my god.

I shamefully purchased a 10ml of this on ebay for far more than it was monetarily worth, but oooh. I can't say I'm regretting it now that I have it in my gluttonous hands.

In the bottle, it's a lush chocolate scent.. what it really reminds me of is those little.. golden foil-wrapped balls of chocolate and nutty goodness with a macadamia nut in the middle. I have no idea what they're called, I usually just grab them and buy them.

The scent on my skin is like eating swiss miss hot chocolate mix dry out of the baggie. So divine. This isn't really the scent of chocolate to me, it's the taste of it, bottled. Really a palatable scent.. I'm so glad I have this in good supply.

Wet: OH MY GOD. That really is pure hot chocolate! With a hint of brownies. Oh my god. This is DANGEROUS.

Drying: Hot brownies in the oven, and I am drooling.

As it dries, the brownies cool off a bit, and a hint of vanilla comes out.

Overall: AMAZING! Heavenly! A must sniff if you like dessert scents. I MUST HAVE MORE!!!

EDIT: Now I understand why someone in the "beyond perfume" forum felt compelled to turn perfume into cookies.

Edited by Muppetk

In a word? Bliss!

:P sorry, couldn't resist.

but it is pure luscious chocolate. What I thought velvet would be like.

Makes me happy everytime I where it, though it doesn't really last that long on me.

so I ordered a bottle for continued slathering.

This smells like hot fudge. Pure hot fudge. I don't think I'll wear it much, but this imp will definitely go in the aroma dish when it’s time to sell the house :P

Throw is medium, staying power quite long, lasted overnight.

Bliss

in vial: powdered hot cocoa mix

wet: chocolate cake batter

dry: still cake batter, but fading fast...after about an hour, only a faint trace is left...my skin EATS chocolate (yum!) :P

verdict: this is not something I would wear very often, I think my imp will suffice

In imp: dead ringer for brownies.

On, wet: Instantly changes to roasted nuts and hot fudge sauce.

Drydown: Equal parts chocolate, nuts, and sugar cookies.

I'll use up the imp by layering this with other things. It's too one-note otherwise - I don't want to smell exactly like brownies.

Wow, I'm glad I finally tried this!

In the imp: Pure chocolate.

On me: Simply perfect. It's the perfect chocolate brownie, with just a hint of the sugary, slightly buttery goodness of Midway. Brownie with icing!

I wish I could give more detail to this review, but sometimes simple does NOT equal boring. Bliss is very aptly named.

Hmm. On my left wrist, this smells like baby powder. On my right wrist, it smells the way it does in the imp--a truly delicious high-quality milk chocolate, probably with toasted almonds in it. Apparently I have one crazy and one sane wrist.

This is a great scent, not like cheap fake chocolate at all, but very warm & full they way good chocolate (esp. with nuts) is. It is reminiscent of chocolate cake batter, as someone else mentioned.

It's slightly goofy to go around smelling like chocolate, but I enjoy it. I might get a large bottle of this.

Catching up on reviews!

Oh, Bliss, you are bliss. This type of chocolate scent smells to me like brownie batter after it's been mixed up and is ready to be baked. It's not super milky, nor is it super dark. Yes, it's chocolate. On me it stays true and really lasts. I can wear this alone, though not usually, what I usually do is layer this like a madwoman. It gives a double chocolate dose to Velvet, Spooky and I've even tried it with Tomstone. So...what d'ya want? Straight up or mixed Bliss? It's all good! :P

Chocolate! Smells like Hershey’s chocolate. Mmm. Very sweet. In the vial it smells a tad bit dry, but the sweetness comes out on my skin. It seriously smells like I left a bar of chocolate in my pocket and it melted from body heat. It smells that good. This is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. For all the people who like to taste your scents out there, you will want to lick someone when they wear this. Yum yum yum… I'm going to try Milk moon with it to see if I get a caramel milk chocolate scent.

I smell like a quintuple-fudge chocolate brownie :P With... :sniffs more: semi-sweet chips in. And it's Ghirardelli baking chocolate, not Nestles.