Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
StrangeLove

Snow, Glass, Apples

In Neil's words, 'It smells like green apples and like sex and vampires, all at the same time. (Actually, it smells like sexy vampire apples.)'

My first thought: Ooh, pretty bottle! I love the blue. :P

In the bottle: Apples with a hint of sharp cold something. My brain knows it's mint, but usually, my nose would be screaming "OMG MINT NOTHING BUT MINT MINT MINTY MINTNESS!" and it's totally not. It's just ... cold. It's a neat effect I've never gotten from any of the "cold" blends before.

Wet: Oh, this is nice! It's a pile of apple peels thrown off the back porch into a snowbank, apples that are frozen, encrusted in snow.

Drying: I really, REALLY want to love this scent. After all, it's so limited, and it's in such a pretty bottle, and I love apples. But ... it's doing something on me I'm not sure if I care for enough to want to smell it all the time. The apple has faded, and so has the cold. It's a teeny bit soapy and a lot sweet, like a sugary musk of some sort.

I never wanted to buy a locket, 'cause they're pricey and 'cause they're silver and I never, ever wear silver. But this might be the oil to talk me into it, 'cause it was such an intriguing and apple-y blend, and now, it's something else -- not awful, but not great, either.

These are cold, sexy vampire apples, indeed.

In the bottle, it's very appletastic, with a little ozone-type scent and something that is reminiscent of musk, but isn't particularly musky to my nose. It makes me think of the other apple scents I've tried, but it works so much better on my skin than any other BPAL apple I've experienced. It's bright and just the right balance of sweet and tart, with a cold, cold heart. :P As it dries, it becomes very light - I have to sniff my skin now, a few hours later, to smell it at all. It's gentler, less apple-y, and it is reminiscent of Snow White in its cool softness.

I love the cobalt blue bottles and I love the label...and the chapbook, oh my goodness. I'm really glad I got a bottle of this.

Wow. I am simply blown away that SGA and it's beautiful chapbook, is sitting here in my house.

First Sniff: Icy cold, tart green apple with just a hint of sweetness and mint.

On Skin: Immediately it is all icy apples on my skin. It is heavenly and I can almost feel the firmness of the apple, the juice that squirts from the first bite, the tart sweetness touching your tongue.

Drydown: All of sudden, the mint appears like a chinook wind and cools the apple even more. This is now airy and minty and the sweetness of the apple is just lingering on the side.

Final Thoughts: Overall just a beautiful scent that haunts me to the core. It is simply stunning. I am speechless. :P

SGA, you are a sneaky, sneaky wench! You smell like crisp apples in the bottle, but on my skin you morph into something surprisingly sophisticated, slightly soft and powdery but still very fresh and cold. This doesn't have the the straight-up, fades-too-fast apple note I've tried in other scents; instead the apple is almost floral and dewy-smelling. It is just lovely. And I heart the cold blue bottle!

This is a scent that I should dislike. As my likes with BPAL have evolved, I've migrated firmly away from the fruity (with a few exceptions-- none of which are apple) and I've never much cared for cold scents.

This is it.

This is everything I dislike, made good. It smells like snow, glass, and apples. Really. The sweet/tart of the apple is utterly not candylike. It's crisp. The air/snow is crisp as well. And there is definitely something crystalline about it, though not mineral. This is a BPAL classic and I'm so glad to have it.

This has got to be the longest-lasting BPAL ever on me, which is a delight since I love the smell so much.

It lasted a good twelve hours on my wrists~!

Snow,Glass, Apples is a bitingly (haha, I'm punny) sharp, crisp, Granny Smith apple to start with, then that fruity-ness settles down some into a white musk/flower bed with a smidge of mint, or ozone, or something similarly tingly to my nose :P

There's a bit of that "snow" note in here, which I might be mistaking as mint/ozone/tingly smell.

I don't get much throw out of it, but then again, I rarely do get much throw out of any perfume oils :D.

This is a sharp and feminine scent that is perfect for someone who's a little harder to win over when it comes to perfume in general - it's light and clean, but, rather than generically so, distinctively fruity as well.

I got to sniff the lovely Angelfish's bottle of SGA. Ooo, freaky label art by the way! :P My first reaction was "Creepy!" Not that it smells creepy--it reminded me of the apple note from Creepy, which is a true apple scent, very crisp and juicy. However, instead of Creepy's caramel, SGA has a clear aquatic note for a touch of ice. Very fresh and bright. Mmmm.

Snow Glass Apples seems to be reacting differently with me than with all the others. At first it very much reminds me of the Hesperides. I get the green apples, definitely... but no cold, no mint. There is something dark behind the apple. Like this is a green apple that just appeared in the vacuum of space. lol. Just an apple surrounded by blackness. It is lovely and sophisticated. I quite like it, and I'm not usually a fan of apples.

straight sniff from bottle is ripe, juicy macintosh apples...

once applied this has the best apple aroma ever...after a short while there

is something almost icy but not in an aquatic or ozone kind of a way...

it is hard to describe...almost a floral icy edge...

gorgeous but i just wish it lasted longer...i will definitely have to be wearing this

one in my scent locket to get more wearable smelliness :P

SGA is pure headache-in-a-bottle for me :P On me it is a very intense red apple scent with something amazingly sharp in the background. It lasted forever on my skin and had amazing throw but I had to wash it off after 20 minutes or so because I was getting a massive headache. I'm glad I got to try it, and also glad it's already found a new home where it will be loved :D

Juicy-tart Granny Smith, apple blossom, green stems of roses (?), freshly dug up earth, and cold, crisp, herbal gin.

Wish this was a bigger bottle, or that I could have afforded a multiple purchase!

[This is the scent of crisp, green apples, chilled until they are ice cold.

It's the scent of feeding those perfectly riped, frosted apples to someone, in bed.

It's very apple, but crisp and clean, there's a hint of ozone, a hint of musk. It smells cold, wintry, but it warms up strangely - the musk and ozone flourish with skin contact but do not overwhelm the apple.

It does not smell exactly the same to me as the prototype. But it's as good, maybe better.

I love apple scents, so I was super excited about having a frosty apple fragrance. In the bottle, SGA smells fantastic - just like chilled apple slices, crisp & juicy. I think I can smell a bit of crisp mint underneath the apple.

On me, this doesn't smell like apple at all :P. This quickly morphs into something like an earthy mint scent. It's sharp and makes me want to cough when I smell it. It reminds me of Envy's herbal, earthy mint.

After fifteen minutes, this is sharp mint devoid of any sweetness. It also smells a bit like burnt rubber on me.

Snow, Glass, Apples is heartbreak for me. It really smells awful on my skin, with no apples to be found.

This is mainly just green Granny Smith, slightly sour apples. Definitely a bit cold, though no glass to be found. DH seemed to like it.

It smells great in the bottle. Like nice juicy sour apples. But it really changes when it gets on my skin, unfortunately. It smells like flowers. No apple at all. Which is really disappointing because I don't like floral scents at all. But it's nice and light, so I'll be able to wear it, but it's not going to be one of my favorites.

I was sooo excited about SGA, because a) I love apples, :D I love the story it accompanies. Sadly, the oil just doesn't work on me. It smells GLORIOUS in the bottle, but about five minutes after I put it on, all trace of apples has disappeared on my skin, leaving me with pretty, cold white flowers. If the apples stuck around, then I might like it more, but unfortunately I'm just left with a fairly generic perfume.

HOWEVER... I'm pretty sure it's gone to a loving home, so all's well that ends well! :P

I have to say, I was one of the last people to put in an order and I did not even expect to receive SGA and the book - I am very happy and honored to have this in my collection :P

I love Snow, Glass, Apples - it works surprisingly well on my skin and stays a pure apple scent for hours on my skin, it's amazing and I will surely treasure this bottle.

I combined it with Snow White today and omg, what a gorgeous combination.

Gorgeous bottle. Cobalt with that amazing and creepy image.

This is one of my favorite Gaiman stories ever, so I was stalking for this scent.

In the bottle, this is a very interesting scent. Apple, with a biting edge to it --wormwood is my guess. A little of that chilly almost evergreen scent, along with some light, sweet florals.

Then I put it on my skin and something truly horrible happens.

It turns to soap. Pure, straight out of the bottle, handsoap. Worse, this is that cheap stuff that you find in the dispensers at those disturbing little truck stops in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure I'll be able to find a new home for it, but I'm sad that something that pretty can turn that horrible and evil.

I was iffy on this one but my husband wanted the book, so I got a bottle. :P

Usually I don't like apple scents, or "glass" scents (like Sea of Glass), OR snowy scents. This one was bound to be a big fat fail, right? Well, no.

- My biggest problem with snowy/cold scents is that on my skin the cold part of the scent drowns out everything else in the scent and that's all I can smell. Not in this one.

- My biggest problem with apple scents is that usually the apples are way too strong for my liking and/or remind me of that Salon Selectives shampoo I used in the 80s. Not in this one.

It's not overwhelmingly appley. It seems like, more than anything else, it's crisp. It's chilly but not cold. There's something soft in there too, but I'm not sure what it is. Maybe something like apple blossom? I actually like the softly floral feel of it when it's dry better than the rather stark briskness at the beginning.

In the bottle, this is crisp green apple and crisp winter air. Sadly, on me the apple vanishes almost immediately, leaving a very light snow scent. It's barely-there, and very interesting, but I wish some of the apple remained.

I got to sniff this in the bottle at a MnS, so my impressions are only from that, not from on the skin wear. With that said, I found Snow, Glass, Apples to be a very interesting scent- at first sniff, I smelled cold apples, and in the next, the glass. Of course, glass doesn't have a scent- what I smelled made me think of a dark wall, or of dark glass. It wasn't an absence of scent, because I could smell it, it was just... like a wall. Then, in the next sniff, it was back to the apples. Very interesting!

I Squee'd with joy when this showed up on my doorstep today :D I *knew* I hadn't worn a BPAL today for a reason! Oh my loooooord. In the bottle I smell glacial pine and a hint of green apples. On my body it was a light, crisp and sour green apple thrown into a snowbank. It really did a number on my brain - I could feel and picture the tendrils of the perfume entering my gray matter through my nose just like in those old cartoons. After a few hours it had died down to the vampire part of things - sexy and mysterious with just a hint of the apple :P It's a creepy perfume though. Definitely fits the chapbook. Made me feel uneasy even as I was nuzzling my arm against my nose.

I just had to swap for this one, since I couldn't afford to order it at the time it came out.

I love how cold it smells when wet, like the first light snowfall covering those last leftover apples in the orchard at night. I do love the apple note, although it truly likes to hide behind the other sharp cool notes.

When I wear it I do notice that my skin tends to eat it very quickly, but when I can smell it- it's a gorgeous mix of very light cold apples, frosty (without being minty) notes and even a very VERY slight bit of what I consider "North Wind" (Sort of ozone without being so heavy and nose tickleing- like cold air, or the sky before a snow storm).

I am very glad to have a bottle of this.

A chilly, cold, dry and bitter apple. This quickly morphs into ozone-apple on my skin. It captures the disturbing nature of the Snow, Glass, Apples story very well indeed.