Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Recs for Longest Lasting Oils

Fruit notes fade faster than others. I've found that my longest lasting fav. oil is Scherezade, followed by Tarot: The World, Voodoo, and Samhain.

Queen of Spades, Mabon, Snow White, Xiuhtecuhtli, and Old Morocco all last forever on me. A little goes a long way. Hehe.

I guess I'm lucky in that my skin holds on to scent like crazy (knock on wood), and I don't even apply a lot. Most every BPAL I've ever tried has lasted all day, even some "lighter" scents that others have said fade quickly on them (Dana O'Shee and Eve, for example). But there are some exceptions, such as Persephone, Queen Mab, and Seraglio, all of which say bye-bye pretty quickly.

That being said, the scents that have stayed around a wicked long time -- longer than most, even -- are Dragon's Heart and Haunted. Man, those two just don't quit!

Edited by riddel

King of Spades lasts pretty well, too. In fact, sometimes I think it lasts longer than the Queen. But I haven't timed it. Blood Rose lasts pretty well for me, also.

I had the same problem. As a result I have only purchased big bottles of my long lasting favorites (regardless of how much I love the others).

I have:

Snake Oil

Bordello

Dragon's Milk

Spellbound

Velvet

Xihutecutli

:P

Hey Folks

Can we could make a list of scents that "last longest", as in 6+ hours of typical wear? Or scents that stay FOREVER on your clothes until you launder them. This kind of information is scattered everywhere on the boards, and I'm afraid that looking them up would not be a standard way to compile this kind of data because lots of people double post this stuff.

Basically what I'll do is compile all the scents and put (numbers) for duplicate entries, to see what.. statistically.. are the "best BPAL bang for your buck". Badly-written alliteration happens after 11 pm.

In order to minimize usage of board space, please email me the names of your longest lasting scents. As many as there are.

I can post results in this thread, after there is enough feedback

blueangelflame {at} yahoo {dot} com

-Anais

Report that biznatch! :P Report it to be merged before someone else sees it, maybe you'll be okay. :D

i was comparing perversion to f54 last night, and i am amazed, perversion is not even lighetr this am, it is just as strong and smells just the same, so i would say perversion is long lasting. the longest lasting to date for me.

other long lasting samhain, tintagel, o, sybaris. all these if i apply them in the evening before bed i can smell faintly when i wake up.

Dano o shee is very unexpected longlasting! it's soft and does not waft at all but a tiny dab in my elbow last over 24 hours.

Regan seems to be the longest-lasting scent I've tried yet, followed by O and Dragon's Milk. Embalming Fluid lasts hours as well, but not in a good way! :P

Aged Dana O'Shee has decent lasting power on me, but not fresh Dana O'Shee.

I'd try the more spicy/resiny oils. Notes with a greater molecular weight tend to last longer (so I'm not surprised that Scheherazade has lasted for you). I'd also try Snake Oil (especially aged), Anne Bonny (red sandalwood and patchouli--age it), Cathedral (woods and incense--age it), The World (although only the late drydown really lasts on me), and bunches of other similar oils.

Of course, if you want something that REALLY lasts...try Hearth...but don't come crying to me if you can't wash it off :P

The patchouli scented oils tend to last longer on me. Kabuki, swank, and Snow White do too.

Severin fades quickly, as does Dana O'Shee on me.

Aeval lasted forever on me. It had the best staying power of any BPAL on me to date.

I wanted to add that I read a review of another blend that has sage and the person commented that it also lasted forever. My thought is that sage has good staying power.

Edited by Rheliwen

Of course, if you want something that REALLY lasts...try Hearth...but don't come crying to me if you can't wash it off  :P

Awww, joseybird...don't be mean to my hearth.... :D I love Hearth, but I will admit out of the hundreds of oils i've tried, this is hands down the strongest, longest, crazy lasting, stays around for days oil there is.

Other than that I find the more "perfumy" one's to last, like Kali and Lust. Chimera stays well on me and my all time fave....SIN!

Of course, if you want something that REALLY lasts...try Hearth...but don't come crying to me if you can't wash it off  :D

Awww, joseybird...don't be mean to my hearth.... :P I love Hearth, but I will admit out of the hundreds of oils i've tried, this is hands down the strongest, longest, crazy lasting, stays around for days oil there is. It is a very interesting scent though :D not at all bad!! To me it was like smokey cherry marzipan.

Other than that I find the more "perfumy" one's to last, like Kali and Lust. Chimera stays well on me and my all time fave....SIN!

Awww I'm sorry! :D It's just that, even when I just opened my decanted imp to sniff and put the cap back on, enough got on my fingers so that everybody (including me) could smell it on me for the rest of the day, so it's *vital* that you make sure you like it before you sniff it!

I need to try Sin :D

Also, The World lasts a long time on me, although most of what lasts is the woody note, and not the cinnamon.

Edited by joseybird

i dont think this has been asked before:

are there any scents that will hold up against a lot of wind buffeting? to be more specific: im constantly on a motorcycle, and im looking for a few scents that wont dissipate by the time i hop off.

(i suppose an obvious solution is to just apply a scent *after* my rides, but that would make way too much sense. :P )

any suggestions? :D

Incantation, Snake Oil, Hollywood Babylon, Haunted, Vechernyaya, give those a try. If they blow away, well phfffft...but I bet they won't.

Incantation, Snake Oil, Hollywood Babylon, Haunted, Vechernyaya, give those a try. If they blow away, well phfffft...but I bet they won't.

rockin, thanks! i have snake oil, ill give it a whirl this afternoon.

Moved to recommendations. ~~andrabell