Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Recs for Longest Lasting Oils

I've seemed to have had a problem with BPAL oils fading on me really quickly (Rapture, Dana O'Shee, Cheshire Cat, etc.) Some of the stronger oils, like Sacred Whore of Babylon, work fabulously. What scents do you consider strong? Particularly for those of you who have the same fading problem I do.

Edited by ivyandpeony

I've found Spellbound to be the strongest I've tried so far. I literally have to just dab it with the end of the wand once or twice and I'm good for the whole day.

Rose is a very strong scent anyway, I think, at least it is on me.

glasya, snake oil, queen mab. hecate, nyx are all pretty strong

burial is sometimes

//edited to add: i think it's the myrrh.

Edited by quantum spice

Snake Oil last ages on me (and in my car), it's like the power oil. Scorpio's REALLY strong (it can literally create a buzz if you overapply) and pretty long lasting on me. Sin is another one, though it doesn't last quite so long as the other two.

Dana O'Shee actually lasted ages on me (though I did apply with a heavy hand), but I seem to be the only one for that.

Persephone is one that lasts for hours on me, as does Circe. Snake Oil is another long-lasting one. Spellbound was really powerful, a shame I don't like it.

High John, soft but last all day

Blood rose

Persephone, sticky, sweet and long lasting(like it sometimes when in a sweet mood)

Snake oil

Eclipse, Spellbound and Snake Oil last for ages on me (as does Rose Red but that was a limited edition).

Sin, snake oil, snow white, Dragons Heart, Loviatar, Capricorn, Umbra...

Gah! Oberon was SO strong on me - the floral bits, anyway - even after I washed with soap. I may try it again with just a tiny drop.

I think that Shrieking Violet and I are the only ones where Dana O'Shee lasts forever, but here's what lasts on me even after 3 washings:

Bliss

Snake Oil

Burial

Old Morocco

Katharina

Wrath (unfortunate, because it smells terrible on me)

Magus

Old Athens

Old Rome

For the lighter scents, I've found Tempest to be pretty strong.

Note: with Magus and Old Athens, the smell is pretty different 4 hours later than it is when you first put it on, and changes slowly throughout the day.

THanatopsis - most longlasting

Bordello - "

Snake Oil - "

Haunted

Hollywood Babylon

O

Eclipse

Noir

March Hare

Phantom

Black Rose

Black Phoenix

The Raven

for lighter scent with good staying power, Baobhan Sith and Tempest

Vetiver

Scorpio

High John the Conqueror

Old Athens

Aureus

Any of the "honey" scents - Jezebel, in particular

To defeat Murphy's Law: The best way I've found to remove a scent that stays and stays but isn't working on you is a drop of Dawn dish soap.

I have a problem with my skin eating up these oils. The only one i tried so far that hasnt is sherezade (ive tried 9 oils so far). Can you please reccomend a strong oil that lasts a long time.

Thanks

I've had luck with Kali, Velvet, Cathedral, O, Regan, Queen Mab, Tisiphone, and Blood Rose. They all last at least ten hours on me if not longer but chemistry is an odd thing and some scents that I was sure would stick (like old Venice) didn't so I think it's mostly a thing of trial and error.

For me, I've come to like Masquerade for the longevity...not sure if I'm partial to the patchouli part of it, but...it's growing on me! BTW: It lasts throughout the evening and through the night until the next morning...and that's with just a TINY amount on my wrists.

~eclecticaura~

Two that last and last on me and have completely different personalities are Desdemona and Serpent's Kiss.

For me, the ones that last the longest are: Voodoo, Persephone (and any rose blend really, but I suspect that that's just my skin chemistry), Scherezade, Dragon's Heart, Venom (this softens up, though, so it's a soft scent that lasts a while), Fae (once again, I think it's my skin chemistry...), and Aizen-Myoo

A tiny bit of O or Snake Oil lasts a long time on me--until I wake up the next morning sometimes. Dana O'Shee, which is light, lasts a few hours on me.

Chemistry is a factor as is heat and moisture.

If you perspire, the oils will get wiped off more quickly and will also evaporate more quickly.

They will also evaporate more quickly if you have dry skin (as opposed to normal skin).*

I put moisturizer on and then put on the perfume oil while the moisturizer is still pretty new. That seems to help them last longer. I've also read that somewhere as a hint to make perfume last.

I would advise avoiding anything with mineral oil (baby oil) in it. Not good for your skin. Makes your skin age faster and seems to do bad things to perfumes.

Anyway, my suggestions for what they're worth.

Boots

* I have pale delicate skin that would be dry if I didn't dip myself in moisturizer every day.