Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Okay, I hope this is the right place to post this... I couldn't find this anywhere else. For those who're curious, here's what the L'Inverno set* looks like:

http://www.gweep.net/~nik/invernoset-tn.jpg

(click for bigger version)

Also: closeup of the label on the bottle of oil.

*Soap label from the preview soaps, not from the Inquisition itself. :D

:P Great minds think alike! I was thining of doing the very same thing, coldandsleepy. (Although I have L'Inverno too, so....)

I hope this is the right thread for me to ask this question! I cannot identify one of my bottles. :P The label is perfect, but there is no name or year on it. It has a large pumpkin with a carved face, surrounded by green vines. There was a sticker on the top marked "4". I think I got this one on ebay, so I have no idea what the 4 meant- it could be the edition, or just their 4th bottle? If no one can guess it based on the description, I will post a picture of it later tonight. It smells like delicious fruit loops if that helps.

Edited by Tilby

I hope this is the right thread for me to ask this question! I cannot identify one of my bottles. :P The label is perfect, but there is no name or year on it. It has a large pumpkin with a carved face, surrounded by green vines. There was a sticker on the top marked "4". I think I got this one on ebay, so I have no idea what the 4 meant- it could be the edition, or just their 4th bottle? If no one can guess it based on the description, I will post a picture of it later tonight. It smells like delicious fruit loops if that helps.

It sounds like one of the Pumpkin Patch blends. Here's #4 from 2007.

I think there was a Pumpkin Patch set of 5 different blends put out in 2006, but they didn't have the numbers on the labels. So that may be what you have.

ETA: Here's one of the labels from the 2006 Pumpkin Patch. If it's in that style, it's one of the blends from that year, I'd say.

Edited by Delirium1009

I hope this is the right thread for me to ask this question! I cannot identify one of my bottles. :D The label is perfect, but there is no name or year on it. It has a large pumpkin with a carved face, surrounded by green vines. There was a sticker on the top marked "4". I think I got this one on ebay, so I have no idea what the 4 meant- it could be the edition, or just their 4th bottle? If no one can guess it based on the description, I will post a picture of it later tonight. It smells like delicious fruit loops if that helps.

It sounds like one of the Pumpkin Patch blends. Here's #4 from 2007.

I think there was a Pumpkin Patch set of 5 different blends put out in 2006, but they didn't have the numbers on the labels. So that may be what you have.

ETA: Here's one of the labels from the 2006 Pumpkin Patch. If it's in that style, it's one of the blends from that year, I'd say.

It's -kind- of the style shown in the second picture. I will post a picture of it tonight though, because I want to be sure before I put it up for possible swapping. Thank you for your help! :P

... anyone got pix of the new labels? I see a CTIV review, so I know boxes are landing! :P

My batteries are dead so I can't take pics. The label is black, with gold/yellowish orange print, and a subtle fractal pattern winding through the background. The roman numerals are hand-written in metallic gold ink. I'm sure someone will post pics soon...

well my gallery space is full again (oops!) so I will post the pics of stromhold and the east here -

eastandstormhold.jpg

omg I love the fresh & clean look of these bottles! :P

I took a picture of the bottles from the Sturgeon Moon update, plus a shot of my beloved Full Monty Inquisition : -)

Pictures001.jpg

Pictures002.jpg

I would LOVE to see the SGA chapbook and perfume from anyone who went to ComicCon... :P

Aeris, You Rock :P !Thank you for showing the artwork on the Bottles! Now I want my order even more...... :D

well my gallery space is full again (oops!) so I will post the pics of stromhold and the east here -

eastandstormhold.jpg

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but what do we do when gallery space is full? I can't post my new pics either.

I would LOVE to see the SGA chapbook and perfume from anyone who went to ComicCon... :P

I think someone posted a link to pics on the prototype thread. Did you check there, or am I mistaken?

ETA: Yep, it's here.

Sistinas on the Lush forum posted pics of her signed set (just the book is signed I think). Book. Postcard. Bottle.

Edited by Delirium1009

Here's a clearer picture of the Snow, Glass, Apples bottle:

sga-bottle.jpg

And yes, in the signed set, only the book is signed.

I keep seeing pics of a blue what I think is called a tear drop bottle, sort of like the ones that they use for the potion that turns people into mice in the Disney movie Witches. I've tried to look it up, but haven't had much luck. Could someone tell me what it is of?

Lol, nevermind. My friend knew.

Edited by Heeroluva

Here's a clearer picture of the Snow, Glass, Apples bottle:

sga-bottle.jpg

And yes, in the signed set, only the book is signed.

:P :D I can't wait to get mine! I love the art!

wait...snow glass apples in a COBALT BOTTLE?! !!!

Yes, all the pictures I've seen suggest that. It definitely fits the coloring of the label.

I know! Mine (via ComicCon boothie -- thanks again so much, alhbooks!) got here yesterday, and the cobalt bottle surprised me. I thought the Lab had quit using them a couple of years ago... The blue suits the coldness of the scent as well as the art of the label very well! :P

edited to thank the right person, correct a verb tense, and add the phrase 'label art.'

Edited by stellans

Yes, all the pictures I've seen suggest that. It definitely fits the coloring of the label.

No :P , it is a cobalt bottle, don't get me wrong:-

I just meant- BPAL supposedly stopped using them for whatever reason x years ago (supplier shortage? i don't know, but i can guess 8D) so the fact that out of all the bottles, this one rocks up not in the ordinary amber glass- but the long phased out cobalt glsas... is making the whole purchase feel ten times special. Why? For newbies like me who missed out on cobalt bottles when they were used in the production x years ago- owning one fresh from the lab is like WHOAH. :D

@stellans I can't wait to receive mine now!! I just.. i still can't get over it. 10 bucks says I'll receive mine and STILL be surprised it's in a cobalt bottle. I thought they'd never be used in production ever again. Quite honestly, I'm halfway between ecstatic and shocked...so much that i've lost the expression I was looking for.

Edited by celestia

Yay! about the cobalt bottle, it'll be my first too. And i love the artwork, i can't wait to see what the others in the book look like. :P

Can I just ask a quick question!!

Is the Hay Moon label the same as that awesome picture of the scarecrow on the lab's site??