Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

Okay, does anyone have Steamworks bottles to show off? I'm dying to see them!

I only have the first one (Phoenix Steamworks) but it has the same picture on the label as shown by the scent description.

I'm getting a couple more in my next order (TODAY according to the CNS from the post office, woo hoo! still waiting on my package. boo hoo.) so once I get home (ANOTHER funeral today -- third one in two months - this seriously needs to stop) and get my package, Once they arrive, I'll take photos and stick them up on the bpal flickr group and my bpal flickr page.

everyone is welcome to post their photos to the bpal flickr group!!

Edited by TwilightEyes

Oh wow, I love those Gaiman labels... now I am hoping that I will like my decants enough for a bottle or two!

I don't have a working camera handy, but the Lab labels for the Pharmacopoeia & Steamwords imps are fantastic!

I just added my latest order to the bpal fiends group on flickr.

Mostly Tikis but also Dragon Moon, some Steamworks, a Pratchett/Gaiman, the new Stardust bottles and more.

(see link in sig.) :P

Wensleydale pics?

I don't have a pic of Wensleydale alone but here he is with some of the other new releases

newblends.jpg

I was wondering because in a very recent order, Nocnitsa arrived in a cobalt bottle.

I am very curious to know why. Is it random or there is a special reason for this?

interesting. the lab used to use cobalt bottles more frequently. the only two that i have are from when i first started collecting bpal, around early 2006. i seem to remember that the lab discontinued using the cobalt bottles not long after that, and i think it was because they didn't fit the new bottling machines. perhaps they've gotten a new supplier. that would be nice, because i think the cobalt bottles are prettier. i really don't think there's much of a difference between cobalt and amber bottles, though, than just the color. both will protect the oil from light.

I was wondering because in a very recent order, Nocnitsa arrived in a cobalt bottle.

I am very curious to know why. Is it random or there is a special reason for this?

Interesting. My bottle of Nocnitsa is in a cobalt bottle too, but I ordered it back in October.

I usually receive general catalogue bottles in blue, and LE's in amber/brown.

I know that the Lab used to use cobalt bottles years ago and slowly switched over to amber. I remember some people being worried about this, and I believe Beth posted something about the change: that there was no difference between the scents in cobalt vs. amber bottles. I suspect the cobalt were more expensive than the amber, and I know that the Lab has always tried to keep the cost manageable for both them and us. (Thank you for that)

Dark colored bottles help protect the oils, and I have scents in both cobalt and amber bottles. They are all fine, and as long as the scents are good, I do not worry about the color of the bottle :P Maybe they are switching back to cobalt.

I thought it was listed at the top of the page whether blends shipped in cobalt versus amber bottles? Bewitching Brews says amber, Sin and Salvation says cobalt? Rappaccini's Garden and the Wonderland scents claim cobalt as well.

It looks as though most of the LEs (from pictures I've seen and what few I've actually gotten myself :P) come in amber, but there are a few GC scents that appear to still come in cobalt (though I've not ordered anything from the GC except LEs and Bewitching Brews thus far, the descripts might be out of date?).

EDIT: Although Diabolus does list its line as being housed in amber bottles . . . hn.

EDITx2: Cobalt has only one "l".

Edited by Eyeska

I thought it was listed at the top of the page whether blends shipped in cobalt versus amber bottles? Bewitching Brews says amber, Sin and Salvation says colbalt? Rappaccini's Garden and the Wonderland scents claim colbalt as well.

It looks as though most of the LEs (from pictures I've seen and what few I've actually gotten myself :P) come in amber, but there are a few GC scents that appear to still come in colbalt (though I've not ordered anything from the GC except LEs and Bewitching Brews thus far, the descripts might be out of date?).

EDIT: Although Diabolus does list its line as being housed in amber bottles . . . hn.

Interesting!

I had never noticed that at the top of each page before, but now that I look:

Sin and Salvation

Mad Tea Party

Rappaccini's Garden

Somnium

All say presented in a cobalt blue bottle, whereas all the others say amber

cool :D

I read somewhere that all scents now come in amber bottles, and any cobalt bottles are just left overs from when they stopped using them, whenever that was (before I got into bpal last July at least).

I read somewhere that all scents now come in amber bottles, and any cobalt bottles are just left overs from when they stopped using them, whenever that was (before I got into bpal last July at least).

I think that this is the case. There was a quality control issue at one point with the blue bottles so the lab switched to amber. I think that the note on the tops of the pages are just left over from before.

I thought it was listed at the top of the page whether blends shipped in cobalt versus amber bottles? Bewitching Brews says amber, Sin and Salvation says colbalt? Rappaccini's Garden and the Wonderland scents claim colbalt as well.

It looks as though most of the LEs (from pictures I've seen and what few I've actually gotten myself :P) come in amber, but there are a few GC scents that appear to still come in colbalt (though I've not ordered anything from the GC except LEs and Bewitching Brews thus far, the descripts might be out of date?).

Interesting!

I had never noticed that at the top of each page before, but now that I look:

Sin and Salvation

Mad Tea Party

Rappaccini's Garden

Somnium

All say presented in a cobalt blue bottle, whereas all the others say amber

cool :D

this is no longer true anymore, though. like i said, all my bottles, GC (regardless of category) and LE, are amber except for a couple that i got very early on (i think they were from the Sin and Salvation category). either the trickle of blue bottles in recent orders are leftovers from when they were more common or the lab is now starting to reinstate them. either way, i wouldn't *expect* cobalt bottles. if you get one, cool, if not, oh well.