Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Event Horizon

A disconcerting scent, heavy and oppressive, through which no light, no matter, and no spirit can escape. Black opium, labdanum, opoponax, black orchid, and benzoin.

In the imp: Sweet, incense-y, and resinous. I think the notes I'm getting are the black orchid, opium, and opoponax, but I'm not positive.

Wet: I am getting the sweet, black orchid along with some really potent opium, with the labdanum and opoponax lingering behind those notes. It is disconcerting, almost like static.

Dry: The sweet, black orchid note continues to reign, followed by the opium, but the opium has calmed down significantly, and the labdanum is more noticeable.

After a while, I am getting the black orchid and cola-like opoponax along with the sweet benzoin note, with some opium and labdanum in the background.

Verdict: This ended up being a lot sweeter than I was anticipating, thanks to the black orchid. Orchid isn't really my cup of tea, but those that enjoy the note should give this one a try, despite the heavy notes listed here.

I like Event Horizon much better than Darkness, which I tested yesterday. The opium is still strong, but the blend does not become as cloyingly floral as it does in Darkness. After playing a big role in the opening, the orchid is content to let the opium and resins take center stage. It's still sweet -- it's that lovely syrupy opoponax and vanilla-y benzoin -- and dark and heavy with good wear length, but it's not so oppressively floral on me. This one is a keeper.

They mean it when they say this scent is disorienting. It is BIZARRE. It's all jiggly yellows and goopy browns. Opium opium opium! A tiny bit of opoponax.

This is not resiny. This is not smoky. This is the feeling of sticking your hand in ooblek. 

It's not a bad scent, it's just so utterly bizarre. I've hung onto it for years just because...what is this? What is this?