Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Schrodinger's Cat

One can even set up quite ridiculous cases. A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with the following diabolical device (which must be secured against direct interference by the cat): in a Geiger counter there is a tiny bit of radioactive substance, so small that perhaps in the course of one hour one of the atoms decays, but also, with equal probability, perhaps none; if it happens, the counter tube discharges and through a relay releases a hammer which shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid. If one has left this entire system to itself for an hour, one would say that the cat still lives if meanwhile no atom has decayed. The first atomic decay would have poisoned it. The Psi function for the entire system would express this by having in it the living and the dead cat (pardon the expression) mixed or smeared out in equal parts. It is typical of these cases that an indeterminacy originally restricted to the atomic domain becomes transformed into macroscopic indeterminacy, which can then be resolved by direct observation. That prevents us from so naively accepting as valid a "blurred model" for representing reality. In itself it would not embody anything unclear or contradictory. There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks.

A paradoxical scent experiment! - tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint.

No cats were mistreated during the formulation of this paradox, or in the process of creating this perfume.

First of all, this cat got a special bottle label that is just too cute for words!

This is a colorful, playful, buoyant scent, as whimsical as kittens playing with balls of radioactive yarn. It has the crisp bubble of citrus, grounded in damp moss, disoriented by a swirl of lavender and then dunked in a bouquet of hothouse flowers. Actually, the floral aspect is not very strong, but it is present. For those wondering about "chocolate peppermint," I would say that I smell neither chocolate nor peppermint in this blend. There is the slightest hint of it, perhaps -- a breath mint washed down with a sip of sweetness -- but it is not a major player at least on my skin.

The play of unusual citrus fruits recalls Croquet a bit, but is grounded in an herbal mossy haze. A cat wandering among strange plants in a greenhouse in the early morning fog, appearing and then disappearing among the foliage.

I think that the elements in this will shift drastically depending on personal skin chemistry. For me, the citrus is strong at first and then burns off. Oakmoss lingers beautifully (it actually smells a bit like Spanish moss, even -- I think the zdravetz is giving it more of a humid floral edge). Lavender seems to appear somewhere off to the side, blinking into existence right when I thought it had vanished. And that elusive chocolate peppermint never quite makes its presence known to me, though...is that it there, just for a moment? I can't be sure. As it dries down I think I am getting a little bit of a whiff of it, a tiny bite of a chocolate mint. But then it's gone.

A scent as complex and strange as the concept itself!

ETA: In the locket, this is a little different, by the way! The citrus notes stay the strongest and the longest, mainly a key lime pie-esque soft bright lime scent, or something that reminds me of rainbow sherbet. While on my skin it dries down very mossy (Spanish mossy actually) there is very little of that element when it's in a locket, just a hint of a floral-moss underneath the creamy citrus that stays strong throughout. Edited by Shollin

The first whiff out of the bottle is bright citrus!

On my skin, the citrus is buoyant and very happy-making. :D My synesthesia says, "Pink and yellow ovals! Sounds just like sunshine!"

Just as the other notes are starting to emerge, however, it disappears.

Now, while I don't put it past the labbies to make a Schrodinger's Cat scent that appears and disappears at random (how awesome would that be?), this one stays around for about 45 minutes to an hour and is then gone for good. The faintest whiff of sugared lime hung on 'til the end, but then there was nothing.

It didn't even last on the ends of my hair! I haven't had that happen before.

I will give it a try in my scent locket, but this one was kind of a heartbreaker for me. :D

ETA 9.16.07

Okay, I have to come back and revisit my review. When I re-applied this a third time, it was FANTASTIC. It is a slather-er, but then, so am I. But on the third try, I got the chocolate mint! The lime and oakmoss linger on the drydown, and it's gorgeous. :P I love you, little cat that might or might not exist!

Edited by Grifyn

Oh, I love this kitty! I'm getting fresh, sweet citrus (especially lime) with an earthy and just a wee bit minty background. The lavender isn't showing up on me, and I wouldn't know zdravetz if it bit me on the ass. But the fruits and oakmoss make a light, sparkly blend. Not sure how long-lasting this one will be; Croquet lasted on me for hours so maybe I'll get lucky with this one too.

I get the citrus first too! Nice and not cleaning-product smelling :P. And a bare whiff of the mint. I'm afraid it may not last on me...here's hoping otherwise.

Mmmm! In the imp, I get a lot of pink grapefruit (yum!). On, I still get pink grapefruit, as well as nice tart lime, and a lovely soft mint tying the citrus together. Often I find citrus-mint stuff too sinus-clearing, but this is gorgeous. I don't get any oakmoss (thankfully!), but think it and the zdravetz may be what's grounding this - it has more body than most citrus scents, if that makes sense; it seems to be sticking around better, not floating away into the stratosphere. I think I'm catching a hint of lavender here, but if you're a lavender-hater, I don't think this would bother you - it blends seamlessly with the citrus. I don't get any chocolate on its own; I think it just mellows out the peppermint, so that it's soft rather than crisp and biting.

This is so lovely! It's a bright and cheerful scent without being too silly or girly - MUST get a bottle of this!!

Very refreshing! It's mostly citrus wet but the chocolate comes out in the dry down and the oakmoss is (I am guess) what grounds and balances it. If, like me, you've always been irritated that Delousing Powder only comes in imps, give this one a try.

I know I should be reviewing October this morning but I needed a 'happy' scent... which this is.

A scent in which all possibilities exist at once!

I thought this would be something I should order a whole 5ml of, and it turns out, I was right. This stuff is fantastic!!

Wet it had a very strong, unpleasant mintiness, that I think was combining with the initial astringent quality of oakmoss, but that quickly calmed way down. Dry, I smell mostly light, sweet citrus fruits with a touch of mint and lavender just a hint of chocolate. The oakmoss doesn't stand out, to my nose. Everything in here blends pretty well.

It seems to have pretty light throw, but I only put on a little. Wear life seems to be about average. After a couple of hours, when the citrus had all burned off, the oak moss became very pronounced. That wasn't as pleasant, because that's not what I want out of the scent, but it's interesting how it morphs. This will just be one to touch up every few hours. :D

As others have said, this is a very whimsical scent. The overall effect is a bit like a fruity herbal mint tea. I think it will appeal to fans of other contradictory scents, such as croquet or tweedledee/dum. It's slightly sweet, so try it if you like sweet scents. Try it if you like mint scents. Try it if you like lavender scents. Try it if you like citrus scents. Pretty much, just try it. :P I think this one will be excellent for summer.

I think this will appeal to fruity scent fans and light, crisp refreshing scent (such as Shanghai or Embalming Fluid) fans. Don't order this expecting it to be CHOCOLATE and some other stuff... because, for me, the chocolate definitely doesn't dominate the blend. If anything, it seems to serve as more of a base note.

Edited by naeelah

This scent is oddly familiar. I like it, but it is hard to describe what it smells like. I can definitely smell the grapefruit, and I *think* I can smell the moss and lavender, with just a hint of peppermint. It seems to also have an unexplainable quality that makes me keep sniffing my wrist over and over. Huh.

Oh jeez, I love this. :P

In the imp and wet, it's all brighthappyOMGOMG fruity! Then it dries down into a slightly more subdued brighthappyOMG grapefruit/tangerine mix with.. some other elements I just can't place, but it's delightful and bright and sunny.

I'm not getting any chocolate, and maybe just the tiniest hint of a mintyness in the background, but that's fine by me. :D This is a happy, upbeat scent, and I'm definitely gonna need a bottle!

In the bottle, this smelled strongly of grapefruit and lime. I applied it and the lime became dominate. Unfortuantely, about 10 minutes later, it disappeared. I reapplied very libreally and it disappeared again. It breaks my heart because it would be a favorite of mine. It's very crisp and wakes me up. Sadly, I will have to love it's artwork and will keep the bottle just for the artwork. I may use it as an air fresher or lingerie drawer scent.

:P

I tried it on for fun last night.

My skin amped a lot of the grapefruit and tangerine, mostly the grapefruit, which was very cool. I was sort of hoping for a bit more of the mint to show up- but it wasn't a bad thing. I hardly noticed the lavender or oakmoss at all, other than perhaps ensure it didn't have too sweet of a tinge when wearing it.

I really enjoyed the citrus scents, especially since they were not too sweet. I found it to be very refreshing without overpowering everything. My only wish, is that it lasted a bit longer on my skin. It's such a different, yet fun scent especially with the slight whiffs of lime I caught occasionally while wearing it.

Schrodinger’s Cat – This is nothing but citrus on me. I smell no oakmoss, lavender, peppermint or anything else. It’s all bright, crisp, sparkly, citrus fruits. It smells amazing! The first thing I thought is that it reminds me a lot of Cheshire Cat because the pink grapefruit is so strong in both scents. As much as I like it, like most citrus scents, it fades almost immediately. I put some on, went out for a short 20 minute walk and by the time I got back home, the scent was nowhere to be found. I can’t help but wonder if it lasts longer when worn in a scent locket. I may have to try that next summer when I’m once again in the mood for a light, sparkly, citrus spritzer type scent.

Schrodinger's Cat

In the bottle: sparkling citrus, soft lavender, and Spanish moss (not oak moss).

Wet on skin: fresh mint and fizzy citrus, with herbal lavender and green moist moss.

Dry on skin: mmm, this is wonderful! It smells primarily of citrus and mint (no chocolate yet) and it reminds me of Arcana's Each to Each, which is also a citrus-mint scent, but with lavender and moss replacing the vanilla, this isn't as sweet. For now I get a lovely sweet grapefruit and lime, like Croquet, the citrus notes are lively and energetic like a little kitten, but there's a contrasting sedative lavender note that attempts to add some calm to the scent. The tangerine is lovely and orange-y. I smell the mint and moss (which is wetter than expected, but very nice), and there I get a resemblance to Cathode.

After a while: the grapefruit is lasting for a surprisingly long time here! That and the tangerine are the dominant notes now, with that undertone of green soft moss underneath. It still smells bright and playful as it did before, not as hyperactive, but still lively. I think I also smell a hint of what could be zdravetz-it's herbal but it's not lavender, but I can't say for sure. I still don't get the chocolate note.

The grapefruit fades slowly leaving behind a mossy-herbal base which is very pleasant. I'm amazed as to how long the citrus notes last in here-usually only blood orange and yuzu last this long on me, but the grapefruit is sticking around for ages, as is the tangerine. I still smell moss, but it's not as squishy and swampy as before, it's now more of a fuzzy (furry?) base for the citrus notes.

Once the citrus is gone, there's a very, very faint moss scent, so barely there, like a hint of green. So yes, it fades quickly but is one of those rare citrus blends that lasts longer than average on me.

Verdict: I've been waiting so long for this scent to come out and this quantum kitty has really surpassed expectations. I currently have the most playful, mischievous little kittens who are even more hyper than toddlers high on e-numbers, and this scent brings to mind their antics-with all that effervescent citrus, it is full of energy and exuberance and zing. One thing's for sure, this cat is very much alive! It does fade fast, but for a citrus scent, it's one of the longest lasting of it's kind. the happy tangy notes, especially the grapefruit, stick around for at least two hours. There's a hint of lavender and a pleasant mossy undertone, which is green and soft, slightly mossier than expected, but very nice and Cathode-like which seems fitting for a physics scent. The drydown is a barely there moss with the grapefruity ghost of the playful kitty that came before, lingering like a Cheshire Cat's grin. (Indeed, with that grapefruit and possibly the concept too, this scent is definitely a sibling to the Cheshire Cat scent.) I love this scent and I adore the cute label on the bottle which makes me doubly glad that I bought a 5ml. This really is citrus purr-fection!

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? yes! This paradoxical puss is mine for the keeping!

If you like this, try: Cheshire Cat, Croquet, Fire Pig, Cathode, Tweedledee, Night Gaunt

Edited by yeahbutnobut

SCHRODINGER'S CAT

In Bottle: Lime and mint

On Skin: There was no question I needed at least an imp of this scent, based on it’s inspiration. The notes didn’t really attract me, but come on!! Schrodinger’s cat!!!!!! Right off it is quite fruity, with the lime in the front, but then quickly replaced by the grapefruit. It’s sweet, tart and playful. Very refreshing, making me want some juice!! The oakmoss offers just a slight aquatic tone and the lavender also adds to the crispness of the scent with a nice herbal punch. I don’t smell chocolate much, maybe it’s just the note sweetening the scent and keeping the citrus in check? All in all, a great scent that really cheered me up. I won’t be parting with my imp. Moderate throw but sadly a short wearlength.

I was most excited about the Cat because I love chocolate-lavender pairings, but I honestly don't get any chocolate or lavender from this blend at all. Once I got over that initial disappointment, though, this is a fantastic, cheery little citrus blend. My first thought was that this reminds me of Croquet (probably because of the lime and pink grapefruit that they share), but Croquet went soapy on me and Schrodinger's Cat stays citrus and lovely.

This smells a lot like some sort of juice that I'd love to drink. Citrus has a tendency to go sharp on my skin, but this blend stays juicy and sweet on me. I get mostly the sugary lime and sweet pink grapefruit. The sweet grapefruit reminds me of Cheshire Cat, but where Cheshire is smoothed out with lavender and chamomile, Schrodinger's Cat is smoothed out with a soft, green moss giving it a more grounded, earthy, herbal-green feel. I get a hint of cool mint every once in a while if I try to pick it out, but it smells almost watery and subdued.

Mostly this is tart, juicy, sweet citrus on me that actually doesn't go sharp or soapy. Hints of a fuzzy, green moss and watery mint lurk around in the background.

Like Cheshire Cat, this kitty is another citrus blend that I can actually pull off. Plus, I think I need a full bottle of this one just for the adorable label :P.

at first: lavender and bitter grapefruit.

on: slightly sweet, but bitter and citrussy with a good dose of lavender.

2.5 hours later: faint, powdery citrus.

6 hours later: gone.

overall: like a lot of citrus-heavy scents, this just disappeared on me.

If it weren't for the concept, I don't think I would have bought this scent. The notes seem like such a random mismash that I initially thought would never all work together.

...of course, I was wrong. I should be giving Beth more credit because she never fails to impress me.

Right out of the gate this is a sweet citrus scent. The tangerine is the most prominent note, but I can smell the grapefruit and a hint of the lime. I'm not sure if it's the sugared lime that is making this scent so sweet, or if pink grapefruit isn't as tast as regular grapefruit, but there definitely is a very sweet quality to this scent.

I don't really get any other specific notes, no oakmoss and thankfully no chocolate mint because that combination with all those fruits sounded terrible.

I like this one, it's not love, but I'm glad I ordered the imp.

In the imp: Citrusy bright

On Skin: The lime is very predominant, but there is a slight soapy undertone to it. Lime soap? Still yummy.

On Drydown: Such a mishmash of things. It kind of reminds me to Fairy Markey - slight incense, slight foodyness, slight sweetness --- but in this case with more citrus

Verdict: Pretty.

In the imp: Ooooh! Minty citrus goodness!

On skin, wet: Fresh, bright citrus, bigtime! Can't pin it down to a single citrus note, but if I were held at knifepoint and forced to guess, I'd say grapefruit. It isn't even slightly orangey, nor is it foody.

Drydown: I'm totally amazed. It's a citrus with far more throw than I ever thought a citrus could have. Very classy; clean without being soapy, bright without being overly sweet. I get hints of mint and lavender now and then but they don't dominate.

Four hours later, it's still fresh, clean, and bright smelling. I wish I'd ordered a bottle instead of an imp. Definitely going on my ever-growing wish list. 4.5/5.

For some reason, this cat is morphing on me like crazy, but in a good way. One sniff, it's all chocolate and mint, the next it's tangy citrus, and the next, it's lavender. This is some of the most fun I've had sniffing my arm in a long time, actually. :P

The imp of this is definitely, definitely a keeper. I want to give it a shot at different times of the month just to see if it keeps that morphing ability!

In the Bottle: Pink grapefruit and lime, and something that grounds it, maybe the zdravetz? and - the citrus here is bright, but not sharp. You can tell this is an electric sort of scent. Sort of smells like the graphic on the bottle, the very bright kitty.

On skin: It's died down a lot - it's hard to tell. I get more of the tangerine, and lime sugar, a hint of peppermint and a base of oakmoss. I am not getting any chocolate, but this is a wildly morphing scent, and I may get it later. Or at a different time of the month.

Overall, it's sweet, but not too foody, very citrus, but not sharp, and prone to being something entirely difference in a half hour.

I love this and am very glad that 1-I bought a full bottle, and 2 - this is a GC scent.

IN THE BOTTLE: Sugared lime and peppermint.

WET ON SKIN: Lime, lime, lime, quickly followed by sneeze, sneeze, sneeze. I had to wash it off almost immediately.

It's odd. I love the smell of fresh-cut citrus, and cook with it a lot. I cannot, however, tolerate it in perfume oil. Go fig. :/

In the imp: I actually smiled when I first sniffed this. It's so...charming. On second sniff (a few hours later), it smells kind of strongly citrus-y and reminds me of a cleaning product. But I've read the reviews and I know this is a morpher, so I'm not going to worry, I'm going to try it. Hell, it's morphing from grapefruit to lime in the few seconds that I'm sniffing it.

Wet: Citrus candy--reminds me of Hungry Ghost Moon.

Dry: A sort of thin, empty grapefruit. I keep waiting for it to change, but it doesn't. I'll try it again another time. I hope it'll be better on my skin another day.

straight sniff from imp is lavender and citrus...

once applied this turns into a real beauty...the lavender and citrus notes are

gorgeous together; within 15 minutes i get the lime and some mint...sad to

say the chocolate note does not make an appearance but the the pink grapefruit,

lavender and mint are absolutely wonderful :P

In the bottle: mmmm sugared citrus!!

On my skin: mostly lemon but I can also smell the lavender and grapefruit. They really blend together perfectly.

After a while: I'm in love :P Lots of lemon, but not a sharp one. It would be so perfect for hot summer days.

Verdict: I'll order a bottle ASAP.