Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
arachne

Beachy, Tropical Scents

I was wondering if any of you new of a BPAL scent that was coconut/tropical scented :P ? Like that wonderful symbolic scent of summer, suntan lotion :D ?

Obatala was extremely coconut/tanning lotion on me. It wasn't what I wanted, but it sounds like it might be for you! :D

The tropical I am currently in love with is Caliban. Mmmmmm.

Hi All!

I'm sorry if i somehow am reposting, i did a search & didn't see the same post, buuut, i am tired & could have missed it :D

I was wondering if any of you new of a BPAL scent that was coconut/tropical scented :P ? Like that wonderful symbolic scent of summer, suntan lotion :D ?

thanks!

The Star (disc. Tarot) and Tiki King (past L.E.) are both stongly lemon and coconut, but I wouldn't call it tropical. Elegbra is also very coconuty but also not tropical (iirc it was foody/boozy, but it's been over a year since I tried it).

Milk Moon 2007 is very pina colada-tropical. It was an LE, but wasn't very popular so it shouldn't be hard to find in the swaps area. Of the current GC scents you may want to try Obatala, Elegba and my personal favorite, Black Pearl.

There were a lot of tropical scents in the Tiki series that came out for April Fools this year - tropicals, and particularly scents heavy on coconut, aren't very good on me so I'm not the best source of recs on this one. But Upa Upa from that series has pineapple, coconut, vanilla and spiced rum, and it's really delicious.

There's probably a little overlap between this thread and the one devoted to coconut scents, so be sure to take a peek there and see what you find.

I placed a few orders yesterday and since one had a "6 for 10$" deal on imps, I stepped outside of my recommendations and looked up each scent available from the SS wiki. One that intrigued me was "Machu Picchu".

Description: "Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber."

I've been fascinated with rainforests ever since I was little (dreamed of traveling to Costa Rica or somewhere) and I am SO excited to try this. I'm worried it might be a bit heavy, but if so heck I'd just smell the bottle and imagine I was somewhere else! (Probably being mauled by jaguars or something!)

Anyway, are there any other BPALs that smell similar or have a similar concept? I'm hoping on me it will mostly be the fruit and the amber and not too much of the wet trees, since I tend to shy away from the... weird... scents. (I do not want to smell like dirt!)

Pele's got that tropical rainforest feell, although it's predominantly floral.

Also consider Sundew-- it's more of a singular plant than multiple ones, but it's sweet, humid, and definitely somewhat tropical feeling.

Kumari Kandam has a wet, not quite but almost tropical feel to me. But I also swear I smell clay in there.

Oh, Bayou might be up your alley, as well as Manila, Ile de la Tortue, Niflheim, and possibly the Isles of Demons. A few of them are a little darker and heavier, but I don't think any of them smell like dirt. In general, the Wanderlust category would be a good place to look.

Ghastly Garden from the Haunted House Collection, and Hurricane?

ETA: And Singing Moon, Helle's Belles, and The Isles of Demons

Edited by Finny

Wow I DEFINITELY like the sound of Manila, The Ghastly Garden (how easy would it be to get an imp of this since it's discontinued?)? Isle of Demons and Helle's Belles aren't up on SS -- which line are they in? :P

Wow I DEFINITELY like the sound of Manila, The Ghastly Garden (how easy would it be to get an imp of this since it's discontinued?)? Isle of Demons and Helle's Belles aren't up on SS -- which line are they in? :P

Isle of Demons is in Wanderlust.

Helle's Belles is in Diabolus.

If you put an in search of in the swap section for Ghastly Garden, it should be fairly easy to get a hold of an imp.

On me, Faiza usually equates to a lush, humid, wet, and musky, tropical forest. :P

Xiuhtecuhtli is a fantastic jungly scent. Copal, plumeria and sweet orange and the smoke of South American incense and crushed jungle blooms.

Try Eden, too -- it's delicious.

I actually found Eden almost entirely almondy. Not an unpleasant scent, just not tropical.

Try Eden, too -- it's delicious.

I actually found Eden almost entirely almondy. Not an unpleasant scent, just not tropical.

Same here. Very nice, but not really tropical imo. But then I use my imp as a room fragrance so it might smell differently on?

Now there's Velvet Tiki, so there's another tropical scent to love. I get mostly orchid, vanilla, pineapple and gardenia? from it. Delicious.

Hello all!! Now that summer is aproaching I was trying to put together an imp pack that makes me feel like a hula dancer!! I thought def about pele but what else? I don't really want to smell like a beachy beverage but more like the care free island girl I feel like...although technically I'm Thai so maybe the carefree beach girl with flowers in her hair I am. :D I would love love love any scent recs you can give me. :wub2:

You should give Machu Picchu a try too. Its also a really tropical scent. (Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.)

Hmm: I picked 7 hehe!

Pele - muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Machu Piccu - Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

Manila - A tropical, humid, lush scent, with a faint echo of Pacific breezes, jungle blossoms, and deep wet woods. Sampaguita blossoms, banana leaf, palm, and narra.

Hi'iaka - mai'a, hibiscus, white ginger, akala, na'u, Hawaiian moon flower, yellow ilima, pink lokelani, jewel orchid, and fringed orchid.

Black Pearl - Coconut, Florentine iris, hazelnut and opalescent white musk.

Caliban - The scent of the salty seas, bittersweet wine, palm and tropical ferns.

Eden - fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

machu piccu & manila were the first two i thought of.