Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
arachne

Beachy, Tropical Scents

Two of the ones that I thought of have already been suggested, Manila and Caliban, but I was also thinking about Thalassa the Galapagos Mermaid.

AHH im going to have to order a bakers dozen now! ^_^ ok so Im def gunna try Pele,Machu Piccu,Manila (even though the banana kinda scares me. lol) Hi'iaka,Black Pearl,Caliban and maybe a bottle of Thalassa the Galapagos Mermaid BUT im really scared of the bitter almond. Ive heard of people getting reactions from it? :ack:

I ordered a Lupercalia/Novel Ideas scent, Bean Man and Bean Woman Prepare to Attack the Vagina, and OMG is it Tropical with a capital T! It has skin musk, coconut, and orange blossom in it, and smells like sunshine, beaches and tropical blooms to me.

In the GC - if you are looking for tropical florals, in the "Hawaiian Ginger" type of mode, try Pele or Hi'iaka (specifically Hawaiian-evoking scents) or Euphrosyne (gardenia and vanilla) or Regan (stephanotis and vanilla orchid).

Can somebody recommend to me some good "tropical" bpal fragrances for the summer? So far I pretty much like anything Bpal comes up with that contains plumeria or is 'tropical' in some way. I like Machu Picchu, Delight, Muse, and also Pele, and Thalia. I wear most things with these types of fruity/floral/ tropical smells. I want to feel as though I'm sitting on a big beach, slathered in coconut oil and drinking fancy boat drinks while smelling big tropical flowers. Can you tell I'm a pisces? ;)

All of the fragrances I listed before are great, I'm just looking for new stuff to try.

I'm a big fan of jasmine (obviously..), tuberose, gardenia...

Obatala

Milk, coconut meat, shea butter and cool, refreshing water.

It's lovely layered with Pele. So far I haven't found ONE perfume in the General Catalog that encompasses the coconut-with-tropical-notes perfectly. Right now I'm looking for Tiki Queen which is discontinued. It's a candyish floral, mostly tuberose with coconut. :thud:

Oh try Shango!

"The Master of Lightning’s ofrenda contains red apples, banana, chili pepper, coconut, pineapple, pomegranate and sugar cane."

Thanks, guys, those sound like great suggestions!

mxtine- Yes, something like Tiki Queen seems to fit my taste exactly. I want to find some of that!

Edited by JasminDreams2010

I agree with mxtine - Obatala really is beautiful, and Tiki Queen is gorgeous but kinda hard to find these days.

Little_Rowan - I love Shango, but I find it to be a little more 'heavy' than a typical summer-fruity-cocktail kind of fragrance.

First up.. if you haven't done so already, check out all the Atomic Luaua Lounge blends, they are being discontinued soon but those are some of the yummiest tropical/summer blends around.

And my suggestion would be Velvet Tiki - gold-washed frangipani, vanilla flower, vanilla bean, coconut, hibiscus, papaya, pineapple, bouganvilla, passion fruit, and three orchids - it was a Limited Edition blend, so you'll need to go hunt it down in the sales area, but it's tropical summer in a bottle :smile:

Can somebody recommend to me some good "tropical" bpal fragrances for the summer? So far I pretty much like anything Bpal comes up with that contains plumeria or is 'tropical' in some way. I like Machu Picchu, Delight, Muse, and also Pele, and Thalia. I wear most things with these types of fruity/floral/ tropical smells. I want to feel as though I'm sitting on a big beach, slathered in coconut oil and drinking fancy boat drinks while smelling big tropical flowers. Can you tell I'm a pisces? ;)

All of the fragrances I listed before are great, I'm just looking for new stuff to try.

I'm a big fan of jasmine (obviously..), tuberose, gardenia...

From a fellow Pisces, may I recommend these- Tiki Princess (LE) - A frothy, cold coconut perfume, pure and sweet, with gentle wafts of plumeria, pikake, and ala ala wai. It was an LE forum exclusive blend that was sold last year, but I think it might not be too hard to find as I occasionally see it pop up in sales pages. It doesn't have the fruity drink aspect, but for that maybe something from the Atomic Luaua Lounge (Blue Fire or Red Tide are my personal favorites) or Coral Snake which is - Snake Oil with blood orange, red apple, lemon peel, plumeria, and gardenia. Also, Enlightenment of the Courtesan Jigokudayu - Silken coconut, angelica, soft golden incense, tiare, carnation, and Asian pear. It's my new favorite coconut blend and it's still available from the lab. That has a bit of everything you described, the coconut, a drink (the pear is sweet and fruity, like a juicy refreshing cocktail), and the tiare (tropical flowers). Definitely Tiki Queen but that one is a little harder to find. I also love Obatala and Pele, especially for the summer.

Some floral recs-

For gardenia (my personal favorites):

Swan Maiden (LE) - White gardenia, white iris, sandalwood, calla lily, French magnolia, muguet, jonquil, and orchid.

Marae (LE) - Vanilla orchid, Monoi tiare, gardenia, and light incense.

The Harp of Cnoc l'Chosagair (LE) - Gilded amber, tiare, golden sandalwood, vanilla, cardamom, tagetes

Tissue (LE) - Rice paper, white gardenia, and raw honey.

The Gaoler's Daughter (LE) - Gardenia, neroli, and white peach with vanilla amber, cream, and honey.

Lady of Shalott (GC) - bold gardenia, crystalline musk, muguet, water blossoms, clear, slightly tart aquatic notes and white ginger.

I've not tried Sweet Life (Retail Exclusive) but that one has gardenia, pikaki, ylang ylang, and Casablanca lily.

I generally like jasmine, but the jasmine the lab uses usually doesn't work so good on my skin, I've only had a few winners. One that comes to mind you might look into is Monster Bait: biggerCritters (LE)- Five vanillas with Moroccan jasmine, white gardenia, and pink grapefruit. It's a bit hard to find, but I see it pop up sometimes.

Tuberose:

My favorite is Echo (LE) - vanilla orchid, amyris, white sandalwood, grey amber, and tuberose, but it is a bit difficult to find.

One last one is In Winter in My Room (LE) - grapefruit, yuzu, tuberose, peony, violet leaf, pikaki, Indian frankincense, and tonka.

A lot of these are LE's but if you create a Wanted post for any that sound good to you, it's likely you'll find at least a few. :)

Pele, Pele, Pele! Did I mention Pele? It's based on a Hawaiian goddess and it actually smells like Hawaii. I spent a week in Maui in 2005 and after smelling Pele later that year, I was stunned at how precisely it smelled like Maui. It doesn't smell like a tropical drink, but the actual tropics. It's downright freaky.

Otherwise, I'd recommend anything with coconut. Black Pearl comes to mind right away.

Thanks, everyone! These are some good suggestions...

I have tried Pele, I like it but it disappears on me. I am very eager to try either Tiki Princess or Tiki Queen and also Coral Snake. I also want Manila

I never even would have tried Lady of Shallott- interesting suggestion :)

I get a juicy tropical fruit drink effect from Schrodinger's Cat and Shoggoth, oddly enough. The Cat is more limey-citrus and Shoggoth has some coconut undertones.

I've not tried Sweet Life (Retail Exclusive) but that one has gardenia, pikaki, ylang ylang, and Casablanca lily.

I can vouch for Sweet Life. :smile: It's a really heady, sensuous white floral that makes me think of Marie Antoinette in the tropics.

Edited by Invidiana

I can vouch for Sweet Life. :smile: It's a really heady, sensuous white floral that makes me think of Marie Antoinette in the tropics.

yessssssssssssss! :P that one aswell is seriously AMAZINGLY tropica. I am uber happy to own it :wub2:

Mary Read. The whole time I was in St. John (USVI) the air smelled so good. When I got home, it was the scent of Mary Read. Seriously.

THIS.

We went sailing around the BVI a few years ago and the air smelled totally amazing. I'm going to have to get an imp of Mary Read ASAP. Thanks for the enabling!

Bumping this in hopes of finding more:)

I am looking for a bright salty beach, sunny, with an undertone of sweet thick florals, maybe white?

I know lots of scents have come our since the last post, hoping to find more to look for:))

Bumping this in hopes of finding more:)

I am looking for a bright salty beach, sunny, with an undertone of sweet thick florals, maybe white?

I know lots of scents have come our since the last post, hoping to find more to look for:))

I haven't yet found a scent with the floral undertones, though when I tried My Mommy In A Boat from the Tremulous Song collection I definitely got salty bright beaches and blue ocean waves. It could be a great summer scent! :)

Edited by leira