Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

All flash and glam: white wine, heliotrope, d'Anjou pear, and lotus.

A freebie from the lab.

I am so bummed out this got discontinued, for this is one pear blend that I really enjoy. I tried pear body sprays and perfumes before, and they all turned into the scent of stale beer. Luckily, Glitter did not.

In the imp this smells like candy. Wet, Glitter is a very ripe juicy pear with a delicate floral background. It is sweet, but not cloying, sparkly and light. The name suits it! As it dries, it gently wafts off my skin throughout the day, lasting about five hours before reapplication. I gave the imp to one of my employees that loved what I was wearing and it better have enabled her, dang it.

I wanted to get a bottle of this eventually. Had I known that this would have been discontinued, I would have been selfish and I wouldn’t have given my imp away. :P

In the bottle: bubblegum.

On skin initially: wine, with an undertone of the "bubblegum" scent and a pleasant floral that I actually like more than most florals.

After an hour: A coworker finally helped me define the "bubblegum" scent when she came through and said "I smell Sweet Tarts, or maybe Sprees". The candy scent is still strong, too much so for my preference. Into the trade pile it goes.

Bottle (Imp): Mmm, citrus.

Just On: Wow, this is neat, there's something mixed with the citrus that is very different.

An hour or two later: It's fading fast, but I like this one.

Around 6 hours: It's really pretty well gone, just the barest hints left.

12 hours: No more Glitter.

Overall: This would be a big bottle purchase if I could get one.

After reading other reviews: I too got no bubblegum out of this one. It's a very pleasant refreshing scent, which doesn't last nearly long enough.

My Impression:

Juicy Fruit Gum and Pears ... :P Actually quite lovely. A little too sweet for my taste but it is truely lovely and I can see why others love it so. To me the pear note is dominant after the drydown. My scale of 1-5...I rate it 2.5

I got this as a freebie and tested it before reading the description... and was really surprised when I did because I didn't get any of the pear or florals! In the bottle and on wet it smells just like Bazooka bubblegum, but after a while it turns into a more herbal and soapy scent. About 2 hours after applying it it's virtually faded away.. but I really like it and would be buying a big bottle .. if i could get one!!

First Impression: Champagne and pears.

Dries down to: A sweet pear scent that's nicely tempered by the flowers and wine - sort of a Pear Bellini. It's a bit sweeter than I would normally wear but I love pears (my favourite fruit) and the wine keeps it from being too sugary.

Additional Comments: This is a great summer scent but I'll enjoy this one as a 'comfort' scent in the winter when fresh, juicy, local pears are a distant memory.

Lasted: A few hours.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

I"m on a fruit kick, so I swapped for this.

In the imp it smells like bubble gum, like grape Bubble Yum.

This is another one of those scents that intially on my skin smells like Pez or Sweetarts, but something (I'm guessing the white wine) makes it sparkle. It's very sweet fruit, but with a little tang to it.

This softens as it dries, and some kind of super girly light floral is coming out.

This isn't a bad blend, but definitely not me. It's girly in a way that I'm not, and young. To the swap it goes.

It starts as a pear and lotus scent, quite sweet and fruity.

Dry I can smell a very subtle touch of white wine and heliotrope.

A soft fruity perfume with a floral edge, precious if you like pear as the leading note. :P

In the imp: Sweet, a little tart (the wine, maybe?)

On, wet: Little bit of pear, mostly lotus and wine. S'okay. Not thrilling.

Later: Fades to almost nothing, and what IS there gets a little perfumey. Finally, a discon I don't love.

This reminds me of a sparkling white white almost exactly. There is a light, watery floral which must be the lotus, and just a smidge of pear scent. This is a little disappointing, since I bought this expecting some juicy pear type deliciousness. It's very pretty, but not really me.

Still, as a perfume, this is a light, unobtrusive blend. It seems like it would be perfect for an office or wedding, or even a nice spring day.

I was so happy to finally get a half imp of this in swaps. I'm afraid that the mystique gave me a heightened expectation, which was not met by the actuality.

ITB: strawberries and perfume. I'm guessing something in the combination of notes, or in the age of my imp, mislead my nose into smelling strawberries instead of pear.

On: Hmm. Sweet public restroom deodorizer. DH said the same thing.

Dry: pretty much the same. After about four hours, it finally went to a lovely strawberry cream soda smell. Nice, but not worth the wait for me. I am glad I got to try it, but will be passing this imp along to someone else.

Origin - part of the discontinued circular swap.

Wet - right out of the bottle I get pink candy…yep, I see that lotus is an ingredient in here. On it smells a bit better, although lotus is still the strongest note for me.

Dry - as soon as this begins to dry I get this lovely white wine and pear scent, but the lotus is stil present in the background. If it wasn't for the lotus I would enjoy this scent quite a bit, but I associate lotus with Barbie pink and girly girl stuff, and I just don't want to smell like that.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2 .

In the bottle: very fruity BUBBLEGUM. I opened it and closed it fast. On me, the bubblegum smell faded almost immediately to an astringent pear and wine with a very slight overtone of heliotrope. After the initial overwhelming stench of bubblegum, it is okay, but too way too sweet & young for me. I really love heliotope and wish that it shone out a little more over the fruitiness. This might be good for a bath scent rather than a wearing scent.

On first application, this is grape and pear. It's juicy and sweet, but it also reminds me of bubblegum, a little bit. As it dries, however, it becomes an enticing and sweet blend. It still has that bubblegum element, but it's fading under a nice floral note.

After a while, this becomes a beautifully complex, summery scent. Incredibly sweet and feminine, but not sugary. I can see why this was so popular.

I have no description for this, but I believe it's quite rare? It was actually given as a freebie with my Misk U and Pink Moon purchase, and smells divine. The name is just perfect for this as it's bright and sparkly. I think there might be some gratefruit in there, and something that smells like really bright lemonade mixed with sweet white wine. This really makes me think of glitter and is just so incredibly pretty and uplifting. Lovely!

At first sniff, this was grape-scented bubble gum, and I very much considered not trying it at all. But what with it being rare and discontinued and all, I couldn't resist.

Thankfully, the cloying candy-sweetness (which I think is a mix of the wine and lotus -- lotus tends to go bubble gum on me, and BPAL's wine notes often smell more like grape candy on me) settles down fairly quickly, and the remaining scent is actually quite nice. It's light and sweet, but not too sweet, and with a nicely complex floral/fruit blending.

Unfortunately it hasn't got a lot of staying power -- it's been on for about ten minutes, and it's already starting to fade away. Thus go a lot of the lighter scents on me... Still, it was pretty nice while it lasted. It would be a great spring scent, if only it lasted longer.

Grade: B (B+ if lasted longer)

In the vial and wet on my skin, Glitter and all I get is fruity bubble gum! There is a wonderful refreshing end note that I am assuming is the pear.

As Glitter dries down, the bubble gum scent is quickly lost and I am left with a very light, bright, Glitter-y scent of all notes mingled. For just about 10 seconds, Glitter reminded me of Pink Pheonix in a way - must be the pear note.

And then!?! It disappears- Completely! The only evidence that it was even on my skin is that my skin was a bit softer in the spot I applied (from the oil )

15-20 minutes later, after sniffing strongly on my wrist, I get a very, very, very, faint hint of sweet pair and nothing else.

Conclusion~ Glitter is definitely not for me. I am very happy I got to test it though.

Glitter - First impression: This smells exactly like Irn-Bru (my Scottish friends will know exactly what I'm talking about!). It is pink, girly, bubblegum sweet, girly, fruity, and reminds me of a cross between Fruit Moon, Pink Phoenix, and Aunt Caroline’s Joy Mojo. I don’t usually like bubblegum-sweet fragrances, but this one is mellow, pretty, and sophisticated. It’s the grown-up version of Jailbait. The longer I wear it, the mellower it becomes. It’s a really pretty, fun, springtime/summer fragrance. I wish this were still easily available. If it were, I’d buy a 10 ml of it! It has a low level of throw, but pretty good staying power.

Another boozy scent! The pear scent is strong and pairs nicely with the lotus. The wine gives it a nice summery crispness. Very interesting!!

Good heavens, why was this discontinued?!? It can't be because no one liked it; it's wonderful! Sweet and sultry at the same time, it's a delicious scent that I'm sad I'll only see a tiny bit of.

Glitter makes me sad :P <---me sad....because I only have an almost empty sniffie and NEED A BOTTLE. This is amazing!! Everything I could ever want in a fragrance, right down to the lovely name :D

It's sweet, clean, and fun and flirty. Id tell you more if I was able to put some more on but I am hoarding the few drops I have remaining until I am able to get my hands on more....

I was lucky enough to get a 5ML bottle of this from a seller on ebay. Someone please tell me why oh why was this one continued?? :P In the bottle it smells of grape bubble gum....once it's on it still smells of grape bubble gum but it settles down to a lovely fruity scent. It doesn't seem to last very long....but I don't mind re-applying it one bit...this scent is very fun and I know I will be using the whole thing :D

In the imp: mainly I smell lotus (bubble-gum), pear/fruit

On the skin: Initially, the lotus dominates. Smells pretty good, like really good bubble gum. There’s a warmth to this that I’m attributing to the heliotrope. There’s also a fruity element. I’m not smelling the white wine at all. This was one of my contributions to the Discontinued Sniffing Circle and I know that it’s a pretty old imp, probably 18 months or so, so that could be contributing.

To characterize this scent, I would call it a bubbly, happy, fruity scent. It wears well and lasts for a long time, even through a couple of handwashings. It’s not something I’d reach for often but if another imp came my way I’d probably pull it out every once in a while.

In Glitter I smell a sweet grape cough syrup- eeek. I was hoping for more of this bubblegum people were getting, but not on me :P Lucky for me, it's not my scent so I can save some $$ by not looking for it!

Glitter smells like it sounds. Really. It's a very sparkling, effervescent scent, bright and lovely. It's more fruit than floral to me (must be the pear everyone else is raving about), and it's very clean and fresh without even a hint of dryer sheets. This is pretty fabulous, and if it ever made a reappearance, I'd definitely buy a bottle or two.