Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A deceptively sweet orchid vanille with a faint trace of stephanotis.

In imp: Oh oh OH. Honey and vanilla and florals and fruits - it's scrumptious.

Wet: Honeysuckle with a waft of fruit.

Drydown: Oh, this is so gorgeous. More fruityness.

Top notes: Powdery fruit and a deep, true vanilla.

Middle notes: The best baby powder EVER. Lush and true, with a vanilla-y finish.

Base notes: Baaaaady powder. :P

Throw: a strong medium.

Overall rating: 5 out of 5.

In the bottle: Floral. Not a bad one, but I don't know....

Wet: Hey, vanilla!

Dry: This rounds out, and the floral and vanilla complement one another. I'm nor sure I need a big bottle, but my imp will get a workout.

Oh, this is really fantastic. Very powdery and vanilla, which would normally be the anti-scent for me (I hated Antique Lace), but it works somehow, probably because it's very rich and deep. At first it reminded me strongly of Tiger Lily's sweetness, but as time went on it moved away from that sort of honey/lily sweetness and into something much more sophisticated and complex. It smells... dangerous, almost, something a sexy villainess would wear. Not bad for the name. :P

I'm glad I decided to try this, after determining months ago it "wasn't my type." Proof that you should really try every BPAL scent that comes your way!

When wet, it is VERY STRONG, and smells very much like Follow Me Boy (which sometimes gives me a headache) smells like jasmine and baby powder, and nothing like the orchids I am used to (like Shadow Witch Orchid).

However, after it dries down there is a lovely vanilla (it was disguised as jasmine! it was SOMEHOW really vanilla!)

Vanilla - soft and a little powdery. There's also a very soft and sweet floral hiding underneath the vanilla. Normally I don't care for powdery scents, but this is lovely. Very youthful and delicate. I think I would probably buy a full bottle of Regan.

Bottle: an exceptionally vanilla floral

Wet: all vanilla. let the amping begin! :P

Dry: still all vanilla. and it's morphing into that uber-sweet fakey-smell I have grown to..well, not love - despise, actually.

Later: and it's a unanimous...flop. I wish I wouldn't abuse the vanilla. Or it wouldn't abuse me. Or whatever...

Imp: Light vanilla/floral.

Wet: The light sweet jasmine of stephanotis. It's staying where it's put, too. Not a huge throw (one point for Regan).

Drydown: As the vanilla comes up, it grows sweeter and thicker. In fact, it smells like vanilla buttercream frosting made at home, just before it's finished.

1 hour: Still buttercream - one whiff is yum, more than that is sugar overdose - but with a dark edge starting to creep out. I get this damp funky smell from tropical flowers like jasmine and orchid, so it's not surprising to get it in this oil.

5 hours: What's left of Regan is a faint whiff of vanilla bean and jasmine.

Verdict: Not for me. I'm just not that fond of tropical floral notes (like Sacred Whore), and the vanilla went foody rather than spicy and warm.

Regan - The Lab gifted me with an imp of Regan with my latest order. I must have a bottle of this! It is the most incredibly gorgeous vanilla floral. Vanilla is definitely the dominant note, but the orchid weaves its way in and out of the vanilla, creating the most gorgeous blend of orchid and vanilla. The stephanotis is present, but it's almost as if it is not part of the blend itself, but surrounds the scent, encasing it and holding the orchid and vanilla together. The throw is just perfect for me, and after one hour, it's still as strong as it was when I first applied it. It doesn't even remotely begin to lighten up until about the 2.5 hour point. Yes, I'll be getting a bottle of this. And probably giving bottles of this as gifts to my friends in the upcoming year. That's how incredibly stunning it is. Fabulous, Beth! Kudos to you for Regan!

In the vial, this is a sweet, creamy and warm scent like a warm drink made of sugar syrup and vanilla. On my skin, the sweetness seems to instead come from fruit - it becomes a much juicier and fruity scent mixed with cream (which one of my friends commented smells like “tutti-fruity”!) ... kind of like a fruity ice-cream turned into a smooth, warm drink! Yet there is no fruit, just the stephanotis flower, in Regan! The fruit scent eventually fades over time, bringing to the fore the sweet and creamy vanilla scent, which is just delicious.

I'm a big vanilla fan, and I'm so happy this oil smells nice on me. It's very faintly flowery, not too overpowering. Not something I'd wear on a daily basis - I like scents that are little less flowery and a little more musky - but it's very pretty.

rating: 3/5

This is a very light vanilla floral. I'd prefer a bit more vanilla and a little less floral, and definitely a lot more throw, so obviously this scent is just not for me.

Very sweet and floral. The orchid is almost chokingly pungent. Just when I think I like this one, the orchid hits me in the face. :P Into the swap pile with you!

Very powdery. The orchid is a bit heavy, and overall the scent is on the sweet side. It's a darker side of sweet vanilla.

Not me at all but I can see this working on certain people.

This scent seems really dark and mysterious to me. The florals in this blend are not cloying or heavy at all, but they definitely have a presence. There is a vanilla note, but on me it's not foody at all, but adds warmth and depth to the scent. This is one of my signature scents and I have received so many compliments when I wear this.

Lucky for me, I have a 10ml of this on the way to me!! :P

Wet: soft, floral vanilla

Drydown: soft, rich, vanilla with just a bare hint of a floral note. It's not necessarily a foody vanilla, more of a true vanilla scent overlaid with a light, sweet floral.

This is such a cheery, pretty scent! The florals are so very light and I can catch the orchid, but I'm not too sure what stephanodis smells like. Whatever it is, it's not too overwhelming at all (and I'm not much of a floral girl). The vanilla is also very light and just seems to sweeten it up a bit without taking over. I also caught a whiff of something minty while wet but that left quickly.

Overall, it's a light, creamy blend that makes me want to snuggle in bed under the covers. I can't stop sniffing myself and Regan is making me very happy on this dreary, rainy day. Well done!

Regan is simply a beautiful floral with vanilla. The vanilla is not foody, but more the actual orchid. and the stephanotis is creamy and soft. It's so lovely that I can't stop smelling my wrist. Definitely bottle worthy and I think that it would layer well because the notes are so clear.

Regan-

In Bottle: Mm, yes, a sweet-floral foodie smell. I don't know that I would have identified it as vanilla, more as something rich.

Wet: Floral and rich. That vanilla is just lovely, setting this off.

Dry: That vanilla makes this one of the pleasantest florals I've tested. Really nice!

Overall: I like.

I tested this when I got it as a frimp, and thought it was nice...but it got lost among the other scents I was testing. today I applied before work--wow! Creamy floral with that vanilla undernote, very "pretty".

Drying down, the vanilla came out more, but with something that kept it from a too-sweet vanilla (I am an anti-Vanilla Fields person)...the stephanois came through very faintly, which I guess is what stephanois does best.

5 hours later, I get a cooked vanilla scent (like the buttercream frosting mentioned earlier). This is vanilla from a pan of homemade vanilla pudding sitting across the room, not vanilla sniffed from the extract bottle. The orchid is still in there to balance it out from being an overly "foody" smell.

I was not a fan of Antique Lace--this is a less powdery, more floral vanilla. It makes me think of what the vanilla flower (orchid?) might smell like in the fields.

The vanilla scent for the person who is not that crazy about vanilla scents in general. I'm on the fence about a bottle, but would buy a decant when the imp is gone.

Wet: Fruity with some menthol. It's reminiscent of being at the dentist's, getting a fluoride treatment. It also reminds me of the new-fangled flavored rubber gloves they wear there now. They're the usual gross latex scent, but with some generic fruit flavor.

Dry: The same. Dentist! Darn that odd menthol undertone that's messing up this perfume for me.

The smell reminds me of dew on a flower. This would be a second skin scent where one has to lean into you REALLY close to smell it. Afterwards the vanilla starts coming out more clearly. It's sweet but not too sweet. This lasts forever (all through the day and night) and is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Great for spring or summer wear.

In the bottle:

This is my first experience with orchid, and although it smells strong, it also smells creamy and exotic and promising.

Wet:

Definitely a strong, dusky floral. It’s a little smoky too, and creamy. I smell the vanilla, which is ultra smooth like pudding.

Dry:

Oh my, this is LOVELY!! This is going to be a great girly scent for me. The vanilla is soft and not heavy at all, and the orchid is rich but not heady or overwhelming. Gorgeous.

I AM SO IN LOVE!!!

Slightly floral vanilla that is soft and absolutely gorgeous. Touch of something spicy smelling behind it - the stephanotis? I don't know what that smells like, so...anyway, definitely a keeper.