Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Szepasszony

... A chilly, tempestuous whirlwind of clear, airy notes, slashing rain, and a thin undercurrent of white flowers.

Wet: ozone and flowers. It smells like a garden in the rain, or a really, really good greenhouse.

Dry: soft, wet, flowers.

I love this. It really reminds me of rain in a garden. :P

At first I get sort of a grassy, clean smell - and then the ozone-y aquatics come up and this smells a bit too cologne-y for my tastes. There is a brief period where I can smell the florals and everything is very balanced and lovely, but then my skin sucks it back into men's department territory, and not in a good way. Boo, chemistry!

Received this as a frimp in my latest order.

In the bottle: Lightly floral, with a strange, sharp note underneath.

Wet: My skin is neutralizing the edge to the sharp note, while the florals are starting to go a little powdery. I smell... citrus? horses?! Strange, but nice.

Dry: This scent has really good throw. I can easily smell the clean florals and the animalistic musk from a couple of feet away. This one definitely has me smelling my own wrist a lot, although the scent is not at all suited to my personality.

In vial: sweet, pale and delicate. Airy and floral.

Wet on skin: pale and juicy. There's a fresh citrus note here, either lemon or lime, with a hint of grapefruit, but it's not overly sharp and the floral element sweetens it. Chilly but nice!

Dry on skin: this has so little throw that I can't tell I'm wearing it unless I press my nose to my skin! It's sharper now, with a mild, herbal note. It ends up as a pale, slightly soapy, smoky herbal floral, which is barely discernible 2 inches from my skin!

this smells weird on me...a little floral, and a little like men's cologne*, and a little like fragranced bath room cleanser. there is a weird undertone to this that is sort of acrid--maybe the dandelion? I love the description and wanted to lurve this, but it just didn't work. :P

*I tried this on during my third period that I teach--one of my sixth grade boys might or might not have been wearing some cologne or axe spray or something that would account for the men's cologne smell. It's just that it didn't smell cheap and shitty like axe, it smelled faintly like Gucci's Envy, so I doubt it!

this is subtly aquatic with white flowers...maybe lilies? i am having trouble picking out notes. it does smell rainy as opposed to oceany. there is a slight sweetness which reminds me of lotus, but i don't think is lotus. this isn't a normally 'me' scent, but it's intriguing and for some reason i am compelled to keep my imp.

In Vial: Sweet floral water

On Skin: Soft flowers. I smell something that is sweet and lemony. The aquatic note is in the background. This blend is very nice so far.

Later: This scent starts out soft and fades from there so it is not very strong. It dries to a floral note that is very soft and unassuming. In the beginning I could detect the 'airy notes' and 'slashing rain' but not so much now.

Oooh yikes! This one was all white pepper and bite. Its hard for me to detect any individual notes. Too strong and harsh for me. Too bad, I wanted to like it.

In the imp: Very aquatic, and a bit flowery.

Wet on: Still aquatic, but more floral now.

Dry on: I'm smelling a lot of the clear, airy notes and slashing rain -- not so much flowers anymore, which I don't mind at all.

I really like this one.

Wow, I don't usually care for straight-up florals, but I read such raving reviews of Szepasszony I had to try it.

It starts out aquatic and a tad bit ozone-y with a little tiny hint of flowers underneath. I had to slather to get the full experience.

Now that its dry, the flowers are stronger, but the ozone (that IS ozone...right?) doesn't give up. Its sharp but beautiful, and unlike any other floral scent I've tried. When I sniff really close, its almost peppery. The aquatic quality never goes away, so this scent never goes old lady or powdery on me.

The description is perfect. I can smell the flowers AND the storm.

My pre-application imp sniff reminds me of a sweet alcoholic beverage. Maybe a flavored vodka. I’m not sure, though. Wet: It’s hard to detect anything specific in this. It definitely had that “sweet alcohol” scent on application, but now the florals are beginning to come out. This is a confusing blend, probably because I’m not used to air and aquatic notes. As dry-down continues, I am really liking the combination of the sharper “mystery” notes and the floral. This is a fresh, clean scent. Unfortunately, it doesn’t last very long at all. I’ll keep the imp, though.

Now this is a floral that I can wear without it going cloying on me! I hate heavy florals, so this is nice since it's fairly light. I'm part Hungarian, so I had to get this :P

The white musk, ozone, aquatic and floral notes all work really nicely here.

In the bottle: Fresh, aquatic, slightly citrusy floral.

Wet: Tart grapefruit zest, clean rain, a faint hint of something piney-green, cologney ozone, fresh white flowers.

Dry: Clean floral cologne. Less citrus, more ozone.

Summary: Clean, masculine cologne tinged with ozone and classic white flowers. Goes a bit soapy at the end. Good throw, great lasting power.

A very bright, stormy aquatic. The white flowers hide in the background to try and tone it down but it is super sharp on my skin. It's not agreeing with my chemistry, though, and gives off a sharp dish soap/laundry detergent smell.

Szepasszony smells like I think 13-year old boys think a girl smells like. Delicate flowers, soap, powder, clean and overly sweet, with that heady perfume note just taking over the whole room.

On me: wild roses during/after a rainstorm. Love this. Definitely big bottle material.

Imp: Daffodils that are just past their prime and starting to wilt--sort of sticky, overwhelming pollen scent.

Wet: This turns clean and wet on my skin. The daffodils perk back up into peak bloom.

Dry: Gorgeous. I definitely get the rainy/aquatic/floral aspects, and it dries down to a very evocative rainstorm scent. The ozone has great lasting power on my skin and give the scent extra throw. This is amazing.

Throw: Absolutely amazing for an aquatic.

Overall: This was a frimp and I'm glad I got to try it. The description never really appealed to me, but ont he skin it is a masterpiece. If you're new to aquatics or to florals, this is a good one to start with.

Got this in an imp pack from my last order:

Imp: Sweet clean flowers and summer rain

Wet on me: More rain & Flowers. Daffodils?

Right now my nose has embedded itself into my wrist in happiness

Drying Down:More aquatic/rain than flowers but that

is okay with me. This is the LURVE!

Dry:Okay now I want to wear this in every rainstorm

I get to be in. This is deeeevine

Throw & Stay: FABULOUS!

I can has full bottle now? Must put on full bottle acquisition list!

Exact opposite experience that I had with Danube: sniffed it in an imp that a friend brought me a couple of years ago and loved it, bought a bottle and was unimpressed - and after two years of trying it every few months, it just isn't my thing.

Coldie, if you want my bottle, you're welcome to it; it's about a centimeter below label (and the label's a bit smudged).

I get a fresh, clean, watery scent (if that makes sense) with a hint of cucumber. The longer I wear it, the more it seems to smell like a lotion or deodorant. Hmmm... not quite what I'd want in a fragrance.

Initial thoughts: ... this is gonna be ozone, I can tell. Still - aquatic scents work on me... sometimes...

In the imp: Wet, clean, sharp and slightly sweet - almost like a watery fruit, not a watery floral. Reminds me a little of Titania or maybe The Ghost in the imp, but with less impact. I can't pick out any flowers I recognise.

On the wrist, wet: A light, musky floral - White musk? China rain, maybe? - sharper and more clearly flowery than I expected. I'm not sure if I can pick out the 'slashing rain' although it is chucking it down outside...

... WAIT.

THERE IS NO OZONE.

Ozone turns to liquid hand soap in SECONDS on me. This is crazy. Either it's just not registering against other, more powerful notes or it's plain not there.

Twenty minutes later: How... peculiar.

D'you know what this reminds me of most? The plumeria note in Xiuhtecuhtli. It's not the same by a long shot, but it's got the same not-quite-there airy quality that hits you suddenly when you least expect it...

But this is right at the other end of the scale - sharp where Xi was sweet, and instead of being blisteringly hot this is a cold smack of wind-blown rain. I have a feeling that on a hot day, I'm going to be dribbling over this.

Verdict: Keeper - I may even consider it for the bottle stakes.

Tl;Dr: A cold blast of winter air carrying a breath of sharp white florals.

In The Bottle

Really pleasant in the imp. Almost fruity and very slightly floral

On Application

Very different on application. Fragrant flowers, slightly piney.

Dry Down

Definitely a wild flower scent, slightly aquatic. Becomes a warmer scent to me as it dries down as compared to the initial chilly floral. I can smell a sweetish lemon note in the background. This is nice but not something I would wear.

Rating (0-5)

in the vial, this smells to me very near the way the air would smell when it rained where i used to live in pennsylvania. late summer, cool rain; almost metalic with a thin and subtle, barely-there flower/garden/green-things scent. i LOOOVE the rain, the smells it brings, everything about it, and so i think this is wonderful!! at first . . .

once on my skin there's a dry, prickly green/herbal thing happening - like the stems of sunflowers, maybe? - that i'm afraid i am just not liking at all. :P

it's off to swaps with this one!

Edited by undream

I guess this is one of those ones that's just gonna go wacky on me and smell nothing like it's described. That sucks, 'cause the description sound beautiful.

But what I got was one of the oddest combinations I've ever smelled: Lemon and caramel. I kid you not. It was weird, but it wasn't bad, just not something you'd ever expect to smell in combination.

As it dried, the caramel part faded and the lemon calmed down, so I ended up with a very light, bright-smelling, lemony scent. Nothing spectacular. Eh.