Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

The Mad Tea Party has some party-crashers...

I'd write more, but it's 1am, and I am dead tired. We're starting to move the Lab to the Atwater Village location tomorrow, so I really need to get some sleep. But here they are... the new scents, as promised!

+ LIMITED EDITION PERFUMES FOR JUNE

HAVISHAM -- The embodiment of heart-wrenching loss, torment, of mad, obsessive cruelty and chilly revenge. This is the scent of a frost-limed wedding bouquet, frozen forever in time.

JUNE GLOOM -- Teddy's gloriously dismal creation. As a lover of rainy days, grey skies and chill air, summer is his antithesis. A spell of June Gloom is always welcome in our household. A bouquet of bright summer flowers dampened by the scent of morning mist and rain.

+ MAD TEA PARTY

THE DORMOUSE -- A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony.

TIGER LILY -- A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

THE UNICORN -- A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs.

+ BEWITCHING BREWS

SHATTERED -- A scent as sharp as glass shards, and as brittle as a broken heart. The formula came to me - quite literally - in a dream, and is named after, and created in memory of, the last poem that I ever wrote… almost ten years ago to the day. A blend of white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms.

The Lion will not be available until the August update.

I am, however, never too tired to cross-post like a fiend. Mea culpa!

Woohoo! :P

The Dormouse, Tiger Lily and Shattered sound wonderful to me!

Thanks for posting these new scents here and good luck for tomorrow (go get some sleep!)

For some weird reason it's bothering me that I posted it over an hour late.

I think I need to make some tea.

+ BEWITCHING BREWS

SHATTERED -- A scent as sharp as glass shards, and as brittle as a broken heart. The formula came to me - quite literally - in a dream, and is named after, and created in memory of, the last poem that I ever wrote… almost ten years ago to the day. A blend of white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms.

Wonderful Beth :P You're an angel.

On the note of 'Shattered' - the first short story I wrote was called Shatter, and it's haunted me for nearly 10 years too. Just struck me as a strange coincidence...

Edited by clephan

Ack! Another Limited Edition! Beth, you're sheer evil! And while I'm tempted to go ahead and order a 5ml of Tiger Lily now that I knwo the description. I think I need to hold off.

I am ordering Hvisham though. Yesyes. Yum.

I am assuming that it's the same pricing as June Gloom?

Edited by TygherRayn

For some weird reason it's bothering me that I posted it over an hour late.

I think I need to make some tea.

:P don't worry about it love! You weren't THAT late. It all sounds beautiful too so it was worth it. Sleep well and good luck moving tomorrow!

I don't see HAVISHAM listed as up for purchase.

??

And ordering "Shattered" is coming up as "Arcana".

Well I put my order in anyways and sent a note about replacing that with "Shattered".

*In HEAVEN*

Waiting for that update was SO WORTH IT!!!! Thanks Beth!!!! YOU ROCK!

-Leslie

Edited by MissAnthropy

Magical Beth strikes again!!!

Tiger Lily and The Unicorn purely on names alone - I must have. But the notes also sound gorgeous!

Rest well Beth and best of luck with the move tomorrow!!

It's a conspiracy to break the bank !!!

Talk about 'must have' :P

They sound amazing Beth. Standby for the onslaught.

Oh, how gorgeous they sound. And, oh wow...Tiger Lily sounds awesome. Hmm, actually all three Mad Tea Party scents sound pretty good. (And, I'm very curious as to how Havisham smells, too!) Hmm...all I know, is that I'm definitely going to try the new Mad Tea Party releases eventually... :P

for me, it looks like the menu on limited editions is old (no search, mad tea party, or forum links) and there's no havisham listed...

....but because i'm 1337, i figured out the ccnow codes for havisham and so it IS available for purchase through the search engine (as are the other mini-update scents!)

holy crap! i JUST put an order through...and now i have to put another one through 'cause i feel i NEED: HAVISHAM, THE DORMOUSE, THE UNICORN & SHATTERED.

beth, how do you make everything sound & smell so perfect...*sigh*

Must have shattered. I adore champagne and I got excited to see that word in the description. I got married on New Years Eve so it's a thing...champagne, Old Lang Syne as the ring on my mobile...

ok. lol i'll be putting in my THIRD order for june! hee hee hee! havisham, dormouse, tiger lily, and shattered - i must have them! muaaahhaahaaa!

...must start planning next June order right now....

Beth - you've outdone yourself - I feel completely spoiled!!!

:P

Well, looks like I'll be getting:

5ml of Havisham

5ml of Alice

a 6-pack of Imp's Ears:

The Dormouse

Tiger Lily

The Unicorn

Shattered

The Lovers

Fire of Love

This'll be my second order this June. I'm sure I'll be placing a third on the 17th :P .

Ohmigosh!

I'm in trouble. I want

Shattered

The Unicorn

Tiger Lily

so much

already ordered June Gloom....

Beth, this sounds to smell really good...

Boots

:P I should just ask HR to have my paycheque directly deposited into the BPAL bank account.

Ack!!!

I hope Havisham holds out until the first Lunacy blend goes on sale, because I was hoping to hold out on putting in a new order (I just ordered June Gloom) until then.

I'll be crossing my fingers.