Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
morleigh_s

Are custom scents available?

(I've been distracted by my mum being ill, work being painfully chaotic, visiting inlaws, adoption hearings with K's birth parents and David going into rehab.  :P ) [/color][/font]

:D

I think I'm going to treat myself to getting a custom scent for my birthday. Since that's in November, I *should* be able to save up for it (as long as I stop buying pointy-toe shoes, that is! :P )

-Jilli

hmmm...i'm thinking that might be a good birthday present for my girlfriend. i guess i'll have to save up.

You know .. I'd like to say I'd want this but then, there's just sooo many scents she already makes, and is constantly coming out with more ... I can't imagine having a scent of my own in addition to everything else.

Not to say I'd turn it down if offered to me .. I just think the money I'd put towards that would be better put to trying everything she already makes, right now. *smiles*

I admit I am curious as to what a scent customized by Beth for me would smell like, I have to agree with Tania on this one.

Think of all the imps of unsniffed scents $150 could buy!

You know .. I'd like to say I'd want this but then, there's just sooo many scents she already makes, and is constantly coming out with more ... I can't imagine having a scent of my own in addition to everything else.

Not to say I'd turn it down if offered to me .. I just think the money I'd put towards that would be better put to trying everything she already makes, right now. *smiles*

I've thought this too. I'd love to have one done, but I'd feel like I'd have to be completely faithful to a scent that's been made just for me. Like it'd be wasteful and cheating to look elsewhere once my sig scent was done. Still I'm very curious to know exactly how a scent made for me would turn out so it's still very tempting.

I'm in the same school as TygherRayn, Andrabell and ShriekingViolet.

I'd LOOOOOVE to have a custom scent, naming it and everything... especially the Q&A sessions. Unfortunately, $150 is a /lot/ of money for me, especially in one lump sum. Money I'd much rather, I think, spend on first sampling all the other glorious scents Beth has mixed up.

Maybe in one of them, I'll find something I feel was mixed just for me :P

Still I'm very curious to know exactly how a scent made for me would turn out so it's still very tempting.

exactly! half the fun is finding out what a scent formulated specifically for you actually smells like!

I think I'm going to treat myself to getting a custom scent for my birthday. Since that's in November, I *should* be able to save up for it (as long as I stop buying pointy-toe shoes, that is!  :D )

-Jilli

HA!!!! Fat chance...stop buying pointy toed shoes...give me a break...lol. Jilli, I just had to scrimp money other places to afford the custom scent. I could not give up my pointy toed shoe budget!!! What girl needs 7 black pairs of super painfully pointy toed shoes? ME!!!!! :P

Anywho, yes...half the fun is seeing what kind of scent Beth can come up with that encapsulates your personality. It's so fun to see what kind of spin she takes on you and then to sniff your perfume and say "damn, she got it right!". I don't know how I'll have time to wear my custom fragrance as my BPAL collection is really starting to get enormous, I'm guessing I'll be doing a lot of layering...

I'm really tempted to e-mail about custom scents but I'd feel so obligated to wear that and only that. My custom scent might think I'm a tart, a floosy, a "loose chick" if I strayed away from our committed relationship.

I think, for now, I'll just keep plugging away at my wish list of smells until I figure out which notes work for me and which hate me. Besides, $150 is um... 48 imps! :P

I think I'm going to treat myself to getting a custom scent for my birthday. Since that's in November, I *should* be able to save up for it (as long as I stop buying pointy-toe shoes, that is!  :D )

-Jilli

HA!!!! Fat chance...stop buying pointy toed shoes...give me a break...lol. Jilli, I just had to scrimp money other places to afford the custom scent. I could not give up my pointy toed shoe budget!!! What girl needs 7 black pairs of super painfully pointy toed shoes? ME!!!!! :P

Exactly! Besides, even if I DO manage to cut back on pointy-toe shoe buying, there's still the "Oooh! Must buy MORE lace and/or velvet dresses!" habit that I would have to cut back on ...

I don't think I'd have much of a problem "staying faithful" to my custom scent. Heck, I've worn Angel for six years straight before being lured to BPAL. Besides, The Husband is quite enamored of the idea of my having a scent made just for me.

Now I just need to quit looking at stuff on eBay ... :D

-Jilli

Okay, so this is an old thread, but I wanted to post anyway. Nyah.

When I first heard about custom scents on the site, I thought it was a matter of "Give me something with bergamont, lavender and lime" or something of the sort. I didn't realise that there was such a process as being described on the thread.

It really blows my mind that so much effort is being put into a little bottle.

Me? I don't think I'd put Beth through the headache until she's hired on a few more slaves to help her do her dirty work. I'd worry that I'd be too enigmatic on some questions (ie "What colors do you like?" Me: "Kittenfur.") or I wouldn't like any of the prototypes or anything...

Plus, at the moment, I don't feel like I'm *ready* for a custom scent. That seems like something I'd treat myself to after I've stopped relying on the generosity of my parents (visit = free food), achieve some financial stability (no more dreading the mail), magically managed to figure out how to wear stockings without ripping them, moved out of this damn bachelor pad I'm in (two messy boys and a poopy cat vs me), find a job I really enjoy enough to be at longer than a year, finished my Bachelor's and maybe wear skirts more. Or at least one or two of the above.

Okay, I had originally wanted to compare getting a siggie scent to getting married, but then I sort of checked myself and realised I have been on this message board for entirely too long....

I must go now and do something. Like clean.

Okay, I had originally wanted to compare getting a siggie scent to getting married, but then I sort of checked myself and realised I have been on this message board for entirely too long....

:D

I love that...that's seriously awesome. :D BPAL-Anon, anyone? :P

*whimpers* Why can't a billion dollars just fall from the sky and into my lap? There are so many things that I want but don't have the money to get! Psh, I need to invent something or marry very very rich :D

Although, I think the questioning process would be so much fun, I love surveys and filling out things like that. . .Though I would probably keep bouncing around on certain issues. . .I can be very indecisive.

Any one have 150 bucks they want to donate to a very good cause? *sweet and innocent look* :P

I think I will ask my cute husband to buy me a custom scent for my birthday.

At which point, he wil say "oh... But you smell great in Snake Oil!"

By November 23rd. I should be able to have gotten past that hurdle, the "it costs how much?" barrier and the "i know what to get you" (he is quite good about jewelry) issues and still have enough time for Beth to ask questions at a nonfrenetic pace.

I think I'll mention it tomorrow.

Wanna know how I do?

Boots

edited because "barriere" is not proper english spelling. Must be the champagne I just had. :P

Edited by bootso'rourk

Hilarious post, Feline! Yeah, my fiance' and I complain about how we have both failed at our mutual goal of marrying rich; we comfort ourselves with the idea that marrying cute is more noble :D

I still think if the budget allows it would be cool to do a custom wedding-day scent, but then last night I started thinking about the elements I would want to include: a lot of peony b/c that's what my bouquet will be, honey mead b/c Brian brews his own and it will be at the reception, champagne b/c --well, obviously, and various woodsy/outdoorsy notes...and then I thought, "peony-honey-pine...that sounds... COMPLETELY DISGUSTING!!!" :P I'm not sure even Beth could make that work. Maybe I'll go back to sampling things that she already makes.

I waffle between really wanting a scent that is completely and utterly -me-, and adoring the stuff Beth already does make so much that I don't think it's necessary. I suppose that .. in time .. I really would like a custom blend ... as I have complete faith in Beth's ability to make it work. But now, I know she's swamped for one thing, and for another .. I'm perfectly happy trying each and every one of the blends already available ... I'm not even a quarter of teh way yet ... so once the time comes that I've tried everything ... and more of the bills are paid off and i have more disposable income, we'll see.

You know, the more and more I read the custom scent threads, the more I want one. I've been toying around with doing one as a Christmas gift to myself, but I might wait, as I've only gotten into BPAL recently, and have SO MUCH to try, still. But I have a landmark birthday coming up in a year. I could try a lot of BPAL in a year. Of course, after reading one of the other threads, I have now completely fallen in love with the idea of getting a customized scent for when I get married. Not something that would fit the wedding day itself (like matching the bouquet or the "wedding mood") cause I'm sure I could find that in the already existing scents, but it would be such a neat thing to have something that's so uniquely "me". Maybe next summer for that birthday though...

I've decided I really want one and will probably do it this summer. It just sounds like an interesting process and it would be lovely to do something this nice for myself.