Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Snow White

Where is my order? What is Click N Ship? How long does this take?

I think this is the place to post this: What's the status of orders placed before paypal's latest (as usual inconvenient-to-users) rule change, re not giving the lab our emails? :rasp: Will we not get a CnS? And does anyone know the date it took effect?

I think this is the place to post this: What's the status of orders placed before paypal's latest (as usual inconvenient-to-users) rule change, re not giving the lab our emails? :rasp: Will we not get a CnS? And does anyone know the date it took effect?

I'm only guessing, but I'd say orders placed before the PayPal change should be OK - the sender's email details should still be on the notification that the seller receives. I'm not sure exactly when they changed things, but I received a payment on Jan 26th and it was in the new style (ie no email info in the notification from PayPal) so it must have been some time around then.

They actually posted a page of policy changes on Jan 21st (available on the PP site and worth reading since seller/buyer protection rules have changed, as have some fees) and although the change to email format wasn't mentioned in those, I'm thinking maybe it happened at the same time.

Edited to update: just after I'd written this, I received a CnS for my Lab order placed via PayPal on Jan 20th so it's safe to say that PP orders up to at least that date will still be OK. How's that for timing!!

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

I placed an order on the 31st, and I sent them my email and checked up on the order today. I'd do it just in case.

okay i'm really confused.

i know that cns has a thing that changes when your order has been harvested.

and i know that something bizarre happens to your credit card- like it doesn't get get charged until you pull your order.

so if my order says awaiting shipment and my card gets charged, does that mean that my order's been harvested. or am i just get myself more confused than necessary? my last order never said anything beyond awaiting shipment if that helps.

I ordered my first time here today, and I am confused. It looked as though my order would take over 1400 days to get to me, which has got to be wrong. Over a year? Over two years? That can't be right. How long does it typically take to get an order delivered to you, once you have placed it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by lunarmoths

and i know that something bizarre happens to your credit card- like it doesn't get get charged until you pull your order.

so if my order says awaiting shipment and my card gets charged, does that mean that my order's been harvested. or am i just get myself more confused than necessary? my last order never said anything beyond awaiting shipment if that helps.

CCNow's order status changes to "Shipped" when your order is harvested. If you just placed the order very recently, from what I understand, CCNow places a temporary hold on your credit card for the purchase amount. It disappears after a few days, but the charge reappears for good once the Lab harvests the orders.

lunarmoths, I'm confused, too. Where did you read the 1400 days thing? You can get a good idea of how long orders are taking to ship by watching the Click 'n Ship thread. Right now it looks like orders from around January 20th are shipping out.

CCNow's order status changes to "Shipped" when your order is harvested. If you just placed the order very recently, from what I understand, CCNow places a temporary hold on your credit card for the purchase amount. It disappears after a few days, but the charge reappears for good once the Lab harvests the orders.

i think what i'm getting confused about is that the order never said shipped until well after i actually received the order (not that it matters much i suppose). that combined with the fact that the hold is in place already was what was throwing me off.

Hey there,

Hope this is the right place to post this (I couldn't decide between this and the International Shipping Info+Questions). I placed $11 for shipping in my order, but just now when I checked their FAQ (scroll down to "Shipping Questions"), it says it shipping to Canada should be $12 instead of $11. It could be a typo so I figured I'd ask here instead of sending the busy lab staff yet another shipping question...does anyone know which is the right shipping cost? Did I go short with my order payment?

Thanks in advance ♥

Where is my order???

I ordered on Feb 2nd and have not received a cns or anything as of yet. Sometimes with previous orders I did not get a cns or my spam filter ate it, but I am getting really impatient here. But I don't want to bother the lab yet.

Did you order via PayPal? Because your order may have been caught in the whole they didn't have an email to connect with it b/c PayPal are morons, so it already may be on its way b/c they weren't able to give you a CnS.

(Also, have my decants made it to you yet?)

Where is my order???

I ordered on Feb 2nd and have not received a cns or anything as of yet. Sometimes with previous orders I did not get a cns or my spam filter ate it, but I am getting really impatient here. But I don't want to bother the lab yet.

I placed my European order on 2nd Feb too and haven't had a CnS yet. I was hoping that it was the Paypal problem that Venneh said and that it would arrive this week.

D'oh. I knew it would arrive as soon as I started complaining... Today I got a notification from the post office that I got a parcel to pick up and it is definitely my Bpal order. Woohoo!

The decants are here...

I hope you get your order soon as well, mimosa! Thanks for your reply. It was so long since I ordered anything from the lab, I guess I forgot how long it takes.

I placed a European order on the 2/2 as well, and haven't heard anything yet - yay, maybe this means mine is on its way too!

....and I was just about to get really impatient.... :D

Fingers crossed, anyway.

Argh! I don't think I am getting a click n ship cause I paid through paypal. It was a combined order between me and a friend so I wanted the money taken out ASAP which is the only reason I paid through paypal. Since stuff seems to be shipping from my timeframe, maybe I will come home to a surprise package today!

Argh! I don't think I am getting a click n ship cause I paid through paypal. It was a combined order between me and a friend so I wanted the money taken out ASAP which is the only reason I paid through paypal. Since stuff seems to be shipping from my timeframe, maybe I will come home to a surprise package today!

I ordered on 2/26 and paid with paypal, then I emailed the lab to give them my email address (i forgot it in the comments) and they said on March 1:

Hi Bree,

Thank you for contacting us! For future reference, Paypal is now including email addresses on orders again. Whew! We appreciate your continued patronage, Bree!

Sincerely,

Bill

Customer Service

BPAL

I ordered on 2/26 and paid with paypal, then I emailed the lab to give them my email address (i forgot it in the comments) and they said on March 1:

Hi Bree,

Thank you for contacting us! For future reference, Paypal is now including email addresses on orders again. Whew! We appreciate your continued patronage, Bree!

Sincerely,

Bill

Customer Service

BPAL

Oh ok! good to know for future orders. My order was from 2/20 and I got a response from Bill on 2/22 so don't know if it was in the timeframe for paypal getting with the program but it's ok. I will keep eagerly anticipating my order :) Thanks for the info Bree :)

So, I always pay with paypal because I thought that sped up the process because they get INSTANT payment. but is that really the case? With paypal, I have no idea if they even processed my order or anything unless I put in an email to bug them. at least with CCNow I can know whether it's been harvested or not. Should I just use CCNow from now on?

(in case you are wondering, i'm a 2/26 order, but i hate not knowing what's going on with it.)

So, I always pay with paypal because I thought that sped up the process because they get INSTANT payment. but is that really the case? With paypal, I have no idea if they even processed my order or anything unless I put in an email to bug them. at least with CCNow I can know whether it's been harvested or not. Should I just use CCNow from now on?

(in case you are wondering, i'm a 2/26 order, but i hate not knowing what's going on with it.)

If you are using Paypal to pay for your order, you shouldn't use CCNow because the lab gets hit twice with fees. They get charged by Paypal as well as CCNow. So, if you pay via Paypal, stick with Paypal. You will still get your CnS from the lab. You can also keep an eye out for posts in the CnS thread so that you can get an idea of your shipment.

Oh, and neither way really speeds up the process. The lab doesn't fill one faster than the other.

Edited by portalkat

thanks. What i meant was pay via credit card with CCNow so at least then I can track when it says harvested or even whatever it says before it says harvested. Right now, if you pay direct via paypal, it's just flying blind in hopes that they received it (yes, usually they do, but some people have had theirs lost). and monitoring the CnS thread is why i'm posting now, since orders placed after mine are being filled. I feel like i have to wait at least another week before I put in an email saying "hey...did you get my order?" in an ideal world, I would have received some notification that it has been received and it is being worked on.

CCNow charges a higher percentage of fees to the Lab for its services than PayPal does - I think I saw a figure somewhere of 9% versus 3.5% but I can't remember where that was, so don't take that figure as gospel. I do know it's higher ;)

As far as the ordering queue goes, even though the Lab gets PayPal orders directly, as soon as they receive CCNow orders those go into the queue by their order date and not the date that the Lab receives them, so that customers using CCNow won't be at a disadvantage.

It is true that you have a milestone w/CCNow as far as knowing if your order was harvested - but when it comes down to it, I'd say just use the method you prefer, because I've seen plenty of people post about problems with CCNow too. There's the occasional PayPal order that somehow gets lost in the ether, then there are people whose cards get charged 2 or 3X by CCNow so their money or credit is tied up, or whose order is inexplicably cancelled sending them into a panic about whether they'll be able to get an LE that's been pulled down by the Lab in the meantime.

Here are two threads that might help (the last few pages that are most recent are likely the most helpful):

CCNow or PayPal - how should I pay

CCNow questions and problems

I placed a European order on the 2/2 as well, and haven't heard anything yet - yay, maybe this means mine is on its way too!

....and I was just about to get really impatient.... :D

Fingers crossed, anyway.

Have you received your order yet? I have a few oils going to Croatia, ordered on March 10, and I'm curious if they might show up before April 15. :D I was thinking maybe all the European orders take a similar amount of time. :)

waves hands wildly to get Puddin's attention!! I placed a soap order on Feb 26th, haven't heard anything yet and I emailed the trading post several days ago about it and still haven't heard anything back. :(

oh, order number is: CCNow Order Number: 187-82-8164

Edited by Kristana