Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today’s upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

in the imp: honey, orange candy.

wet on skin: the orange stars to lose it's candy edge, becomes a bit more natural. the honey stays put, being lovely, but not overpowering.

dry down: yep, those two notes stay consistent. i get no other notes from this at all.

in all: if you are swooning from the idea of orange and honey together, this is the scent for you!

:P

Woof. Definitely honey and roses. It's a very voluptous scent. I like the combination of honey/rose on the sandalwood, despite how aggressive this blend is on me.

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

Wet, Jezebel was too sweet with a sort of orange candy vibe... but as it dried the rose began to come out (and I loves me some rose). Dry this is a soft, powdery scent. I don't normally like anything that gets described as "powdery", but the powder here has a sandalwood feel and I keep getting whiffs of lovely rose.

Very nice, I wish it didn't fade so fast.

I should like this one; the notes are appealing, but for some reason Jezebel just doesn't work on me.

Wet, this is very sharp.

As it dries down, I get the honey and orange blossom, with some sandalwood lurking in the background. Over time, it seems like the sandal and the rose are fighting instead of blending.

Honey loves my skin -- it stays around for 24 hours sometimes, but sadly, I don't think I love it.

I was planning on using up the imp, but I'm in an imp-box-cleaning mood, so I believe I will pass it on.

In the imp: The most delicious, sweet, creamy orange smell ever -- light, floaty creamsicle, twined with delicate rose. Mmmm.

Fresh on the skin: The rose is stronger now, made all sunny and sweet by the honeyed almost-citrus, and the pretty lace cutout of a Chinese sandalwood fan hovering around the edges. I like this!

10 minutes in: Everything around me smells faintly like soft, warm, rose sweetened by orange blossom honey, and if I wave my wrist in front of my nose I get this gorgeous thick shimmering trail of it.

20 minutes in: Yeah, that's some serious throw, and I'm not sure how I feel about that -- it's heady and syrupy enough that it may be headache-inducing. And yet, I _like_ it.

30 minutes in: Rose rose rose, rose rose. Rose? Rose. Long, long ago, in early childhood, I had a small pendant-figurine-toy that had a really very nice delicate-heady rose scent that this mimics almost exactly. It also smells a lot like the scented leather rose my first boyfriend bought me at our local Renn Faire. Lots of memory surrounding this one. And it smells freaking _gorgeous_ rubbed into my hair. Interesting.

1 hour in: Rose, dripping with honey. Light and sweet waft with a warm, heady center, still quite strong. This is remarkably stable.

1.5 hours in: Oh. Hrm. I'm starting to get baby powder at the edges of my pretty honeyed rose. Damn it.

4 hours in: What? Chocolate? In fact... honey truffle. And baby powder.

9 hours in: Slightly spicy chocolate, thick and warm on the wrist. It's been like that for basically hours.

Verdict: I have no idea. Just, no idea. I think next time I'm going to just smooth it through my hair and see how I like that. But Jezebel's on notice.

In the imp: Fruity but feminine.. lightly floral.

Wet: Orange scented honey, with roses.

And after a few minutes of the other notes promising to behave (and smelling gooood too boot), the sandalwood says "screw you all" and comes out in full force. And I think the honey is starting to turn. It's heading towards the land of playdough honey and burnt wood.. and it had so much potential! Stupid skin.

In the vial, clean (but not tart) citrus. Light. Isn't it funny that it's orange BLOSSOM, not orange, but it still suggests citrus so strongly?

Wet on the skin, a little more floral that reminds me this is orange blossom. No rose to speak of, but maybe that helps with the rounding of the floral tone and the general "perfumy" feel of this one.

Dry, honey, with the slightest warm woody bottom-ness that must be contributed by the sandalwood. This is nice. Not standout on me, but possibly the perfect layering scent I've been looking for, to scent oils and creams with so I can wear them and have them meld well with my other fragrances.

Imp: Mmmm honey and orange. Like candy

Wet: OH SNAP there's rose in this, isn't there? GAH :P

Drydown: Wow the old lady scent is eating my arm. Usually honey stands out strong for me, but it's been completely steamrolled by the rose. I'm already starting to got a headache. I'm afraid this one will not be sticking around

My dream is to find a nice sweet rose. I thought this might work, what with the honey and all, but even in the imp it's overpoweringly candy sweet.

I definitely get the roses, but they're surrounded by this strong syrupy orange lollipop scent. If you like super sweet things, this might be for you. Very much representative of Jezebel ;)

Anyway, then the honey comes out to play and it's all downhill from there for me. Apparently I can't do honey.

Oh poo.

In the imp: Honeyed roses at first, but a deeper sniff brings out the sweet-tart orange blossom. The sandalwood is difficult to find—very subtle, underneath the dark honey and flowers. Decadent is the word for this one—it's warm and golden and seductive.

On, wet: Orange blossom honey, backed with rose petals. The sandalwood is really nowhere to be found, though I bet it will peek out again later. The orange blossoms are very nice here, bright and fresh in counterpoint to the heavier sweetness of the honey and roses, but not too sharp. This is feminine and sexy.

On, dry: The rose blooms as this dries down, so now there's a nice balance between the three main components. Rose is slightly more prominent, but it's blended well with the honey and orange so that it's just luxurious and sweet, with an earthy, almost-musky scent beneath that makes me think of… well, it smells like sex. :blush:

Later: Rose and sandalwood, with a lingering undercurrent of honey. It's still very sweet, but mellower, earthier and less fruity as most of the orange is gone and the sandalwood has come out. Still, it isn't remotely a woody scent.

Overall: Once again, the lap has offered me a frimp of a scent I didn't have on my list and proved that they know all. This is very sweet and seductive, luxurious and womanly—dark, sticky, golden honey littered with rose petals and orange blossoms. It's impossible not to feel attractive while wearing such a scent, and although I'm not yet sure I want a big bottle of such a sweet scent, I definitely want to keep my imp and save it for those days when I want to be a gorgeous, confident seductress. Bonus: this one has ridiculous throw and wear length on me, so a little goes a long way.

Jezebel has the honour of being the very first BPAL scent that I smelled and wore. It was sent to me a number of years ago by a friend on another (unrelated) forum. I had not heard of this American company called BPAL before, but I sure liked their perfume oils!! Anyway, I love this scent :lovestruck: When I put it on I just can't stop smelling myself and I can't seem to get enough. I find myself inhaling it on and off through the day. It DOES last such a long time on me too!

This is a lovely "spicy" rose on me, which must mean I smell the Sandalwood coming through. There is also a sweetness to it which keeps it very feminine and very sexy . My husband smells it and just says "mmmmmmmmm" :kiss: Unfortunately, I have pretty much used up the imp and need to get a bottle of this very soon!

in the vial: like brach's orange slices

oh my skin: brach's orange slices & honey

wet: still sweet and pungent with the orange really dominating

overall: i'll put this on every now and then. sticking with the imp on it or maybe not...dunno, still very torn.

This has roses in it, so it will be soap. But hey, I will try anything once (at least!)

Imp: Oh.. ohhhhhh. I wish this would work on me. It's the sweetest, loveliest orange blossom honey with beautiful full blooming roses over a base of delicious sandalwood. If you can wear roses, you should definitely check this out. It smells almost like a rosey O. This would be outstanding, I just know it, if only I could do roses.

Wet: Bright floral honey, sweet sandalwood, and.... no soap? Really? No roses at all really, just beautiful honeyed incense.

Dry: This dries down to a lovely soft honey with touches of sandalwood, orange blossom and a faint faint soap. Damn! So close! I think I will try again at least once more before passing my Imp on, though... maybe the soap will calm down with a few weeks of age and I will be able to wear this. It's really exceptionally gorgeous, full, and womanly.

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!

No, really- I think this is the first GC (besides the salons) that I am soooo in love with.

When I first applied, I thought this was a strange mix of bubblegum and orange pez candies but after a while it develops this deep sensual huskiness with the rose and a faint touch of sandlewood while still maintaining the sweet flirtiness of the the honey and orange blossom (which I amp to the extreme because several HOURS after wearing this the first time my boy said he could smell orange :eek: ). But he said he really liked it and asked for the name of it (I've been on a winning streak lately it seems by picking things we both like).

This makes me feel...suprisingly flirty. Not necessarily 'do me now', that's what I have Giant Vulva for- don't ask.

This is one of those 'go get 'em' scents for me that makes me feel pretty, fresh and teasingly rawr at the same time. I feel like a slinky leopard (yes a leopard) among in a palace bedroom surrounded by luxurious half-naked man creatures and lying on silk. I think I just found my signature scent :thud: :joy:

In the imp, this smells a lot like Belle Epoque, which is what I was hoping for. Orange with an undercurrent of sandalwood. Unfortunately, on me it quickly turns into… baby powder. It’s not quite Love’s Baby Soft (is my age showing?)–there’s a sweet note lurking beneath it–but think in that general direction and you’ll get the idea. After an hour or so, though, I start smelling honey and just a hint of rose. It’s not evident if I sniff right at skin level, but I can smell it in the air around me.

Verdict: I’m on the fence about this one. I’m not that fond of the Baby Soft bit, but I love me some honey scent. Then again, if that’s all I want out of it, I have a bazillion other scents already that will give me that; do I need another? This might find its way onto the “for someone else” pile too, not because I dislike it but because I know I’ll always reach for something else first.

Wet: Honey with a strong orange bite.

Dry: The honey scent remains, but it’s mixed with a heavy dose of rose and the nice smokey scent of sandalwood. A bit too much sweetness for me. The bitter of the orange was gone in minutes. Later on, the sandalwood goes to baby powder on me–and combines with the strong honey scent.

Wear Time: 3+ hours

Fits Description?: It does feel “upwardly mobile.” However, my mind pictures a steely dowager. All of the listed notes are noticeable.

Overall: Immediately after application, it’s intriguing–the orange and honey, bitter and sweet. Dry, it’s cloying. I had two people tell me it was a very “normal” seeming scent. Pass. Really not feeling this one.

I could smell orange peeking out of the imp, along with sandalwood and rose. On the skin a slight honey note peeks out. I think I'll like this, as Bpal honey notes smell awesome on me, as does orange blossom and sandalwood...

Crap. Now the rose comes more to the surface and over powers it.

The orange starts to smell old and there's something that smellings like bandaids and something a bit metallic (in a bad way). This sucks. The description made it sound sexy as hell. I'm gonna go cry now :( I so wanted to love this. It continues to get worse every hour that it's on me. Maybe it's because this is a slightly older one I got in a swap? If anyone knows PM me. I really wanted to like this.

In vial: beautiful, rich and feminine. Honey, oranges (not the blossom but the juicy fruit), roses and soft sandalwood.

Wet on skin: new honey drizzled over freshly cut oranges. It gets just a little powdery, and it's actually edible-smelling, but sweet and fruity.

Dry on skin: it's going a bit funky on me. Quite nasty, in fact! What a shame!

Sometimes I think the lab is psychic. I've been on an orange blossom kick for a couple weeks now and my latest lab order came with 2 frimps that contain Orange Blossom within. This is one of them.

Sniffing the imp, it's a honey sweet orange blossom. Very feminine and delicate.

Wet on my skin, the scent remains true..sweet orange blossom. And now the sandalwood come out. Surprisingly, the rose is nowhere to be sniffed. Very unusual for me because I generally amp rose notes and have to be careful with any oils containing any hint of rose.

It's drying down nicely and I am now getting faint whiffs of rose, but it's very faint. This is still honey sweetened orange blossom and sandalwood. I love this blend and believe there is probably a bottle of it in my future. At the very least, I intend to hoard this imp until I do decide to buy a full bottle.

Thanks labbies! Another winner. :wub:

Edited by angelicruin

My first real review, huzzah!

In the vial- I actually tried Jezebel a few years a go and didn't like it. Got this imp as a tagalong off a decant circle recently and my daughter loved it. Without looking at the notes listed she said "honey! It smells like Honey! and I caught citrus

Wet- on dd (sh is almost 8, btw) it was bright and honey and then quickly went to baby powder, which she and I both love on her. On me it stays more clearly honey, orange, and sandlewood

Dry- on dd- stayed baby powder all night last night, she asked for her own full bottle for her bday on me it now smells pretty baby powdery but with a depth of the sandalwood under. Sometimes I catch a spicy sweet whiff that I adore, sometimes it's all powder. Either way, I like it. Not my fave ever, but I will defitely use the imp and possibly share the bottle with dd if I get her one.

Later- I actually catch rose now and again. It keeps morphing. I am so surprised that every rose I have tried from bpal works on me. I always said "can't wear rose" it always wants to go all alcohol on me. But this is I think the third imp wit rose in it that I like. hm.

1-5 scale- 3 on me, 5 on dd

happy I tried it again!

In the imp… chocolate covered oranges? Mixed with juicy fruit? Mostly juicy fruit.

On skin, it is a quick morpher. Up close it smells like plasticky orange blossom. From a distance it is creamier and richer. A great blend of orange blossom, rose, and thick honey. Get too close, though, and it smells like stale suntan lotion with vague rose. As it's drying, the orange blossom seems to pick up uncomfortably. It smells less drastic up close, but also smells less appealing from a distance. Meh.

Ah, but wait.. the Honey is picking itself out more and more! Confused at first with the OB.. it is rosey honey with a hint of orange blossom perhaps. HMM. Honey always seems to go a little funny with me, combined with OB and rose I'm not quite buying this scent. Almost, but not quite there. Swap.

Imp: sweet of honey. Sandalwood, and the orange blossom

Wet on Me: more of the same but mostly honey over all

Drying Down: mostly sweet rose baby powder. The rose showed up on me

but the honey must have mixed with it to give it that baby powder scent on me.

Dry: this is old fashioned dusting powder. That is what the honey and rose

blended into. Somehow I think my body chemistry is just not enough for

Jezebel to make magic on me.

In the imp and fresh on, this is spicy/floral. Unfortunately, on drydown the florals come firmly to the fore and stay there. At least it's mostly the orange blossom, and the rose remains inoffensive. Staying power is pretty good; after 12 hours I could still catch faint whiffs. It's not an unpleasant scent, just too floral for my taste. Bottom line: swap.

At first, butterscotch and fruit that's beginning to rot - most unpleasant. Later, sweet and fresh. Drydown - baby powder, honey, and rose. Okay, but not bottle-worthy.

In the bottle: Pale, pale amber color. Scent - hmm.. Faintly floral, in a pleasant way. Rose?

Wet on skin: Traces of lemongrass now I think. Or maybe ginger?

On the drydown: Dragon's blood with faint lavender? Musky. Kind of sexy in a debauch sort of way. And boy, does this one have throw! A seductress of times long gone, beckoning outside an opium den.. But in a good way! What I mean is that it's sultry and mysterious. I like it!

Upon re-reading lab description: Aha, I got the roses right! And now that I think of it, I'm definitely getting the sandalwood too. I think the honey faded pretty quickly, though it was there briefly at the beginning. Orange blossom - don't think I ever got that note.

Followup: It had such powerful throw, I had to wash off a bit before leaving the house. It still had pretty good staying power, though! Warm sandalwood now, with the barest background note of rose. Still sexy! I like it! Keeper!