Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with apple cider and mulling spice.

I don't think I ever reviewed this....

Anyway, wet and on initially: hints of pumpkin, with an apple and spices predominating. The apple is faint, but contributing some sweetness.

As it dries, the apple and pumpkin completely dissapear on me, and leave mulling spices-strong mulling spices. They intensify the longer they are left on, and I am left smelling like a stick of cinnamon-the dry, barky cinnamon, with a hint of clove.

I like spice scents, but this one isn't my favorite, so I've swapped it away.

I wasn't sure if I'd like a pumpkin scent, but I shouldn't have worried.

Fall. This simply screams it. I want to go pumpkin picking, and drink mulled cider, and take a hay ride.

In the bottle it was very scented candle and faintly I could smell the butter that betrayed me in Jack. If I try I can smell the apples.

On me it changes- it's pumpkin and apples and pies for everybody. Between trying this on one arm and Sugar Cookie on the other, I want to go home and bake so bad. I smell like the day before Thanksgiving when I'm making all the desserts.

In this bottle this smells like fall- Apple cider, spices, pumpkin pie.

It has similarities to Jack, but whereas Jack is buttery and sugary, this is sharp with apple, spicier and the pumpkin is mellow and not buttery.

On my skin is stays pumpkin and apple cider for the first hour, and then after that point the pumpkin comes out more to very nicely compliment the apple.

This scent is perfect.

On me, this is mostly apple cider. It's actually not as spicy as I thought it would be, and the pumpkin stays in the background too. The scent doesn't morph much, and miracle of miracles, the apple doesn't turn sour on my skin. I think it would be great layered with a spicy scent, but it's yummy on its own, too.

Initially, this is very strongly pumpkin-spicey, with only a faint hint of cider. It reminds me of pumpkin muffins, actually. After a couple of hours, the pumpkin fades a bit, and the apple strengthens, leaving me with sweet, slightly tart apple cider and spice with the barest trace of pumpkin. It screams fall, and was perfect for picking me up on a gloomy sleepy morning just as the leaves begin to change here in New England.

This is more spice than apples. Still, you can't go wrong. Perfect Autumn scent. I almost want to say I smell tea or coffee in there too

Pumpkin Patch #1-

In Bottle: Mm, apple cider.

Wet: A little waxy; still with cider scent and cinnamon.

Dry: The waxiness fades, yay! I'm left with a soft cider-and-spice mix, pleasant; doesn't last a huge long time but it's a sweet simple scent.

Overall: I like.

Wet: lovely, spiced apples

Dry: yuck ... waxy??

sigh, if only it had retained the initial scents, I would've loved it ... sadly it goes onto my swaps page.

In the Bottle: It smells like a cross between spicy apple pie with a buttery crust and the steam of mulling cider.

Initial Wet: And the apple goes immediately sour on me, like rancid apple juice :P

Initial Dry: The spices come through more now, but it's still mostly sour. There's a soft hint of sweet, but I think it's from the pumpkin rather than the apple.

Drier Dry: Oh, the full drydown is so nice and sweet, like spiced apple cider with brown sugar. Sadly, it takes well over an hour to get there and there's still a vague sour undertone.

Ah, well, one of these days I'll find a fruit that doesn't go instantly bad on me. At least pumpkin doesn't!

A truly delicious scent but would have to be room scent for me. Too much like potpourri and it doesn't seem to be fading. I smell like a Yankey Sampler candle. Delicious, but environmental.

Most of the Patch goes fairly buttery on me. However, the longer this is on, the more the apple cider is coming out. These are crisp apples, just harvested and wet with dew. Touch of spice, but mostly the apples warring with a buttery pumpkin scent. I think this is my favorite of the Patch so far.

Mmmm yummy! :P This is all creamy pumpkin out of the vial. Very very similar to Jack!

On my skin the pumpkin takes a couple steps down and allows the warm, spiced apple to take center stage. This reminds me of Bath and Body Words Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin room spray (which I love love love).

This isn't something I'd wear as a perfume oil, but it would make an incredible room scent.

Delicious! :D

This is warm, spiced pumpkin and sweet apple spice all swirled together. It smells in the bottle exactly like it smells on my skin: sweet, spicy, edible. The spices actually come out a lot as it heats up, pushing the pumpkin and the apple back a little bit. A very festive holiday scent that's ideal for warming you up on a cold, cold October night!

The pumpkin wears to a smooth, warm pumkin that's more like a candle or a candle-warmed real pumpkin than a pie pumpkin.

I almost broke my budget to buy a PP set, just so I could try this one. It sounded amazing! When my wallet one the battle, I had to wait not-so-patiently a friend's order to come in so I could test hers. I'm so glad my wallet one the battle over my obsessive brain about this.

Wet, this smelled sickeningly sweet, and exactly like the big pink chunks of Hubba Bubba bubblegum I got as a kid... as it dried, the mulling spices made their appearance and scent morphed... to spicy Hubba Bubba!

I guess pumpkin notes don't work for me...

There are two of my favorite things. Cider and pumpkin.

I wish I were the type to hype pumpkin, but I am not. It does not completely fade, but it is so slight, that it almost is gone. I smell like a very buttery apple cider! This is not a bad thing. This is a pie and cider thing. this is making me hungry!

It morphs in the very fun way.

The Pumpkin King hands me a drink at a party wile I am not looking, without turning I mumble "Thanks!". I take a sip as he takes a step back. I can feel someone too close behind me, and his hot breath running down the back of my neck. I am too scared to turn, but I can't tell if I want to nuzzle in or scream and run. So I keep sipping my gift from my stranger. A gift from the Pumpkin King is not to be overlooked. Just. Remain. Calm.. ( I think I like it!) :P

Part of my pumpkin frenzy. :P

In the bottle - There's that smooth buttery pumpkin, only with some sort of very strongly alcoholic apple cider. An interesting combination.

Wet - That alcoholic cider doesn't mesh too well with the pumpkin to my nose...

Drying - Something about the apple doesn't sit well with my skin. They're overly tart, almost vinagery, making the pumpkin spoil. The spices aren't able to keep it from going rancid on my skin, either.

Dry (1 hour) - The pumpkin is far too soft, but lovely and buttery. However, the apple just is too fake. The spices are almost gone. The whole thing is very soft.

Overall - Something about the apple just sours on my skin. :D I know my skin does odd things, but I wasn't aware that was one of them. Poo.

First on: Apples and...uh oh, there's that weird nutty/buttery pumpkin note I've gotten in every pumpkin scent. Maybe it will go away (it does with Pumpkin Queen and PP4!)

Drydown: still nutty...oh dear...and the cider smells soo good! go away, nuts, you make me ill!

Few minutes later: Hooray! It went away. All that's left is yummy apple cider and spice. Very warm, with almost a pumpkin pie smell underneath.

Yay! Keeper.

:P

This is delicious!! :P It starts off warm, buttery pumpkin (but less buttery than Jack) then the apple and spices take over. In this stage, it reminds me a lot of Punkie Night, but instead of crisp, just-off-the-tree apples, its a softer and warmer scent, like cinnamon apple pie. I wish the pumpkin stayed longer on my skin, but its in my scent locket so that is good enough for now. This scent makes me feel like I'm in the month of October again, drinking warm apple cider and munching on pumpkin bread, and watching leaves fall instead of today's snow!

finally getting to try this after all this time!

aaaaaaand it goes as expected. pumpkin = gone. i don't know what it is, but i get no pumpkin love from beth. :D my skin always gobbles it up in seconds (if i'm lucky). what is left though is quite quite gorgeous. it reminds me a LOT of punkie night only VERY tamed down. punkie night is often too much for me, but this is just right. the spices are there kind of softly along with the apple. it actually smells more like what a steaming cup of spiced apple cider would smell like as opposed to say ... a candle or some other holiday "apple cider" product. which is pretty freakin' awesome!! :P

i basically adore this. it is fall in a bottle and i want to go pick out a pumpkin and carve it while drinking spiced apple cider and watching a scary movie. that is what it smells like to me. i need a 5 mL now.

I have no idea how Beth does it, but this is all apples on me, with a hint of spice. Really lovely, very light and refreshing. Very much a fall scent, with the promise of winter right around the bend.

In the bottle: Apples but the smell you get just as they are reaching the gloopy stage and just as you add the spices when making apple pie (which I hate to eat but love the smell of)

On my wrist: There's the apples and the spices with the pumpkin peeking in and rounding off the smell and stopping it from being too sweet.

Later: I want to eat my wrist. It smells edible and gorgeous and I just want to keep sniffing it. The pumpkin has mingled with the apples and a tinge of spice, and it reminds me of sitting by a fire drinking mulled wine, whilst someone else eats apple pie and we have just eaten squash (which whilst isn't pumpkin is the closest that I have ever got to it)

Overall: I love this smell. Just a pity it was a limited ed. Will keep my eye out at Halloween though and try rescue myself a bottle if they re-release it.

A sniffie frimped via lovely Ebay seller, and... :D :P

Oh fookin' 'ell this is FANTASTIC.

Touches the skin with a tangy cidery wave with a party of spices, and underneath there's this most DELICIOUS deep pumpkin. And dry - it's the same! This barely morphs at all, and just stays wonderous the whole way.

*huffs desperately at skin*

If ONLY I could score a bottle of this. Instead I shall just hope like mad that a new pumpkin patch will emerge for this year's halloween update. :D

Bloody magnificent.

The first time I smelled this I longed for fall for about 3 days straight! I don't smell the pumpkin very strong but the apple and mulled spices smell really good. I think the pumpkin makes it smell kind of creamy and blends it all together! I really really like this one! Can't wait till pumpkin picking!