Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Goreygalx

Lady MacBeth

The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries.

This is the scent of smug accomplishment, sweeter than a stolen election.

In the bottle: Berries. Wet, luscious berries, and a faint hint of something smooth underneath.

Wet: I am wearing corrupted Juicy Juice. Life does not get better.

Drydown: Delicate golden whispery nothings followed by BERRIES followed by whispery nothings followed by OMG BERRIES followed by more golden whispery nothings followed by BERRY NINJA ATTACK and so on...

Staying power: All day, all night. We loves the berries, Preciousss.

I've bought a 10ml. Am so pleased with myself.

Lady Macbeth - how did I miss this one for so long?

In the bottle: Wine and berries. Far less sweet than I imagined it to be.

On me: Funy, but the thyme is the first thing making an appearance. then the berries, which smell like those in Midwinter's Eve. Ah, the wine note appears.

Drydown: Whoa! This one is making my eyes water! The wine is so very strong, and I keep getting whiffs of thyme mixed with bright fruit.

Well, this doesn't beat out my beloved Bordello. :P

In the bottle: Kool aid.

I get berries and wine. Which, even tho my skin normally hates both, is turning into a lovely scent (what is it with the lab freebies totally being unexpected loves?). It's very warm and alive, which is a bit of a shock as I expected Lady Macbeth to be cool and barren. Not so. Alive to the tips of her toes, she is.

It fades into a gorgeous red/purple haze. Another for the 5ml pile!

In the bottle: It smells like strawberry shisha (hookah tabacco).

First on: Juicy berries and red licorice nibs as well as shisha.

After a bit: Mmm, I love this scent, it's juicy and sweet but not cloyingly so. It smells like red licorice Nibs and shisha. The combo of wine, thyme and berries make for a wonderful blend.

A bit more: Stays true the whole time on me.

Overall: The blend of sweet red wine, thyme, currant and berries makes for a slightly heady hookah den while munching on Nibs. Very intoxicating. This is for sure going on my must buy a bottle pile.

Scourgeoftheseas was kind enough to send me this off of my wishlist. I couldn't remember what the notes were when I saw and sniffed it, tho I knew I wanted to try it, so I started developing my impressions of this one completely blind, which was kind of fun. :P

In the vial, Ms MacBeth was sweet and fruity - not at all what I would have imagined, were I trying to imagine my own Lady MacBeth scent (it would almost certainly contain Dragon's Blood, but I'm obvious like that)...the most pronounced thing I smell is apples, then berries. Very little else.

The same goes for on my skin, through dry down...this is very similar to Bewitched to me, although there are more fruits in the mix and less BERRY!!!

Imagine my surprise when I read the description when I came in to the office this morning:

The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries.

I'm getting the berries, and maybe a little thyme and certainly other fruits, but no wine at all. Odd, that.

I love this, I really do, and this may well be the first red wine scent I can wear. But then, I don't smell grapes at all, so that may be why. :D

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Wine.

In the imp/bottle: Syrupy wine, fruity berries and something minty.

On skin, wet: Sweet berry candy. Reminds me of berry gum, actually.

On skin, dry: This becomes a warm, almost heady berry wine.

Conclusion: Another one of those 'Great in the oil burner, not on my skin' fragrances.

Edited by Aredhel

In Bottle: Sweet, almost like bubblegum.

On Skin: The wine and berries are very, very sweet and have a strong grape note. The thyme gives a herbal note that makes it a bit medicinal… not liking that. I figured it would be similar to Kali, but it’s not as dark and mysterious as Kali. Kali seems like the adult “womanly” version of this, whereas Lady Macbeth seems almost “girly” and cute. I like it, I’m going to give it a second try around people and ask what they think.

This smelled almost unbearably sweet in the bottle, and stayed that way wet and all the way through dry-down. I finally had to wash it off because I kept getting whiffs of it (it was very strong on me) and I just couldn't take it.

I think part of the problem is that it smelled kind of fakey-sweet with a bit of tartness. I don't mind supersweet scents - sugar scents are great on me. But I think the sweet wine was just too sweet. I didn't get any thyme, ever.

Damn, I soo wanted the fab description to work on me but alas fruit punch. Not just any fruit punch either, fruitade, the one in those little plastic bottles with the foil top. :P

Ahhh, juicy berries ready to burst. An amazingly sweet and fruity scent. The wine is deep and red and just enough to give it a jolt. It has a lot of throw and sticking power, I can tell already. I think it's great, a perfect scent for a crowded night club. :P

Helloooo bubblegum, with some tart almost champagne-y notes dancing on top. It mellows on drydown and what's presumably the greenery comes out and grounds it a little. This is nice, not bottle-worthy, but definitely a fun, bold, and slightly sexy scent. Good for a night on the town :P

I was intrigued by the red wine and red currant notes.

In the imp, it smelled like fruit punch, not like wine at all.

On my skin, it immediately turns to Pez. It stays like Pez until it dries down a bit, and then it smells like boozy Pez, and then Pez with a hint of something herbal underneath. The thyme gives it a edge of bitterness. This isn't sitting easy on my skin.

On me, Lady MacBeth is a bitter lady with a pocket full of candy and a heart full of bad intentions.

i just love this one. i'm a sucker for black currant, although i agree there's a grape soda thing going on, or bubblegum or whatever. but i don't mind that! i love it. i don't think it's as childlike as some of the reviews would lead you to believe. there's a womanliness there too. i like wine. i like berries. i like tart sweetness, i guess. i doubt i'll get a bottle, 'cause i already have enough fruity scents for now, but i think lady macbeth is a fun one.

In the imp and on me, it is all grape. All I can smell is yummy, overly purple artificial grape goodies - gum, soda, popsicles. It's fantastic, and stays exactly the same for hours.

This is long lasting, grape-y sweetness. I adore it and must order myself a larger bottle.

Lady Macbeth – Out of the bottle this is a refined wine type of scent, alcoholic in the way of a good white wine. Quite sweet & juicy & yet somehow dry. A little bit fruity too. Gradually the alcoholic edge starts to lift revealing a pear like scent. I really like this perfume, perhaps a tiny spot of Lavender is used or maybe a blend of Scottish herbs?

This was one of those things I so wanted to work wonderfully...

In the imp, it's rich and beautiful. So many berries, heady wine.... I could sit and smell it all day long.

It blooms when it hits my skin, and the wine really comes out. I think the current is sweetening it a bit, too; they're rather distinctive.

But then, then... as it dries down, it's grape koolaid. Grape bomb pops. Grape candy. Why, wine, must you be grape on me? I do not like grape. I do not like any grape but REAL grapes, to eat. I don't even like grape juice.

Very pretty, but too candy-like and GRAPE on me. Swapped!

This was very fruity on me which I liked but then the wine came out on my skin and it was too overpowering. Its a shame as I really wanted to like this one - I think I will keep it as a room fragrance instead of a perfume oil.

Lady MacBeth is sweet, sweet, sweet. I get mostly wine, which is the same note in Lilith, only without the darker elements to temper it a bit. It smells mainly of Kool-Aid powder.

It's pretty much pleasant, but strikes me as a bit two-dimensional and doesn't catch my interest. Plus, it's a little too sweet for my tastes. Will swap it out.

In the imp: Sweeeet. I can't even tell what kind of sweet, it's just SWEET.

On, wet: Rasberry candy.

On, dry: Rasberry wine cooler. x.x

~30 minutes: This is around when the herbal note started to come out and soften the candy/wine cooler sweetness. Thank god. It started smelling really good, if still very sweet. Very, very berry, but with that thyme note making it more layered, and less offensively sweet. I actually like it quite a lot, even though it definitely does not remind me in any way of Lady M. ^^;

Wow, this is so gorgeous. Might need a bigger bottle.

At first...in the first five minutes really...it was very cough-syrup-y and I was not too optimistic. But it faded to this...herbal/fruity concoction that is really very pleasant. Sweet, but not too sickeningly. Long lasting too! I went to bed and it was still going strong!

Whoa! This is an excellent scent! It smelt very fruity, sweet and powerful. It's also a berry scent that doesn't nausiate me(I love berry scents, but they tend to make my stomach turn. Waaa...). When worn, the throw was very strong on me and there was very little change on drydown, except Thyme became known.

Love it. A excellent scent! 9/10!

In the imp and on my skin, this is like being beaten over the head with sweet SWEET berries. It has a quality to it that's mostly like a berry flavored bubble gum (including something like the odd, powdery thing that's on certain chewing gums) with hints of sweet tarts. It's definitely a candy scent on me and not the grownup, deadly scent that I'd expect for this Lady. I don't get wine, I get super-sweet berry candy and powder. Too sweet, too tart, and too powdery for me.

Edited by Little Bird

On my skin, this is a sweet and ladylike (go figure) scent. It smells like berries. I have no idea what wine smells like, but it also smells like how I guess wine does. It's really a lovely scent, but it's not very strong on me.