Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

French Love

A warm, soft, sexual blend. Sweet and alluring. Used to entice new lovers and add an aura of temptation and carnal sin to your environment.

This definitely has a bit of Dragon's Blood in it, which rocks for me. All my favorite scents have that little hint of cherry cinnamon vanilla going on.

It also has something sexier than just the DB in it, though I can't figure out what it is. Tonka? Honey? Something deep and sweet and creamy, but not foody or sick sweet.

This one has moderate throw for me and the more it ages the deeper it gets and the more i like it... and the longer it lasts. Originally it would disappear within an hour or two, now I can smell it for a good 6 hours or so. I love it.

Ooh, this is cute! It's bright pink! I'm assuming that's the dragon's blood, but when I put it on, this is the cuddliest dragon ever. It's like a cat-sized, fuzzy pink dragon that curls up in your lap and purrs while it's breathing little puffs of smoke. I don't get a particularly sexy vibe from this, but it's such a warm, soft, friendly smell that it's probably enough to put people at ease. Goes a little baby-powderish later on, but it's still very pretty. I'm glad I got to try this, but I don't know if I'd necessarily get a bottle. I have to be in a very specific mood for this much cuteness.

OMG!! I'm wearing dragon's blood and I like it!!! This is a first! I've tried many oils with dragon's blood and quickly washed them off. Most are far too cherry and artificial on me.

French Love is a cozy, skin scent with a spicy cinnamon myrrh and a floral that has a soft jasmine note...this pink-red oil is cuddly sexy!! I am awestruck... :P

In bottle: Dragon’s blood, something herbal, and musk. Lots of musk. Something else familiar I can’t place at the moment, possibly a spice. Wet: something sweeter on top of it all, vanilla probably. It is a lot mellower on the skin than I expected from the bottle scent. It has a faint floral edge. The musk is mostly subsumed. Dry: the floral/dragon’s blood thing seems to predominate, with the other elements creating a strange, but appealing undertone.

French Love

This is so weird. I had tested a friend's imp about 6 months ago and it smelled SOOOOO good. It's been on my must-have list ever since. But when I got my own imp the oil smelled like hot cherry cough syrup and was so strong it stung my eyes. Swap pile.

Oooo pretty color! ^_^

Actually, I rather like this. Embarassing as it is to admit, I've got no idea what pure dragon's blood smells like, but this is a really nice warm scent. A little sweet, a little spicy, a little powdery...perhaps a little more traditionally perfumey than I'd like. It dries down to sweet honeyed skin...actually, if Morocco and O had a wild one night stand, I'm betting this would pop out nine months later.

dragons blood isnt cool on my skin --- it smells like well...dirt. has the cinnamon going on with it and if it had a little more i'd have gotten it,...not one i'll try again but not evil.

Well, I'm definitely picking up dragon's blood (the color of the oil gives that away) and gardenia. Remains pretty true as it dries...I can barely smell a little cinnamon, but it's mainly just gardenia and dragon's blood on my skin.

This was gardenia floral with a little sweet fruity spice in the background (dragon's blood). It turns cleaner/plastic on me.

This was such a surprize for me. My friend Kate tried this on at the last Will-Call we went to. It smelled good on her and she put some on me. It was love (French or otherwise) at first sniff. For some reason, complicated scents work well with my chemistry (which must be perverse). After reading all the cautionary tales about dragon's blood, I never would have tried this. It's one of my favorites.

Almost straight dragon's blood, with some flowers creeping in (although I think straight dragon's blood smells kind of floral anyway...). Getting sweeter and heavier the longer it dries.

I must say that the color of this is just beautiful--a clear, bright red. Very alluring.

This isn't spicy at all on me...yes, it's a pink scent, in both the oil color and what it is evocative of....but it's a cool smelling pink, a dusky purple pink, lilac and something floral in there...slightly heady....satiated with sweetness.

I am afraid that I can't do dragon's blood and this definitely smells like pure dragon's blood on me. Right from the start it is a soapy floral smell, and that never changes. Not my thing at all.

This perfume hates me. I can't pick out any notes. It starts out very sweet/sour like an artificial fruit juice. The smell reminds me of the way pixie sticks taste. Later, it's softer, it smells like toys. Very artificial. My five year old would love this. Not sexy!

Almost immediately after trying this on, I was reminded of Dragon's Milk. It holds that same milky quality, but it's rounded off by the dragon's blood, so it's not quite as cloyingly sweet. Very nice and subtle.

Got this as a frimp in a recent order. In the imp, I'm smelling a really sharp sort of cherry-vanilla; maybe there's dragon's blood in here? I get more of the cherry-vanilla on my skin, with a sharper edge that I got in Blood. And there's a bit of florals in the background, too. Oh, this is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Definite bottle, this.

Imp: Definitely dragon's blood and a secondary scent that is sort of creamy and floral. Touch of musk.

Wet: Straight up dragon's blood. A secondary creamy floral--might be gardenia? Also think I smell a hint of civet but I just assume that civet is in every Voodoo oil.

Dry: This isn't particularly complex. Lots and lots of dragon's blood. Maybe a bit of lilac on top of the dragon's blood--smells like blue lilac, maybe? This is very sweet and alluring. A warm, late summer skin close sort of scent. It very effectively reminds me of the heat and culture and humidity of New Orleans. Very sexy and a little dangerous.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I don't even care if this doesn't work from an intent standpoint. It's gorgeous.

Yes, definitely lilac in this...but I get a sense of something berry-ish as well that balances out the lilac and keeps it from being too Easter (I don't know, lilacs just always remind me of Easter). The berryish part reminds me of Midnight Kiss, and while I happen to prefer Midnight Kiss, I'm going to test this out a few more times and see what happens.

Frimp in one of my orders.

This is one of those few oils that stayed the same in the vial, wet, drydown, and dry stages. In all four, I got soft delicate florals with a hint of "something" in the background. Now that I'm reading the other reviews, it appears that this "something" would be dragon's blood.

This scent is pleasant enough . . . it's one of the few pure florals I can wear without feeling like a walking flower store advertisement. It stayed very close to my skin and smells very feminine and pretty. But I doubt I would wear it all that often. I'm glad I got a chance to try this, though.

imp: very sweet dragon's blood.

wet: a sweet, creamy, musky dragon's blood. not as cloyingly sweet as dragon's blood usually is on my skin, this is a well-balanced scent.

dry: the dragon's blood fades away almost completely! this is a beautiful creamy incense scent. not what i expected at all!

As I put it on wet, a soft coyingly sweet cremey incense smell wafts up to my nose. As many has said before us, it's a very soft dragon's blood without all the cherrish vibe that it normally becomes. There is a slight tingle to the concoction, and there is a hint of cinnamon without it become candish on my skin. It's very nice. As it dries, it stays pretty much the same. The fiancee says it smells like downey, and unfortunately it colors my perception a bit.

This was a frimp from the lab with my last order and the first of the Voodoo blends I've been able to try.

In the imp: Dragons blood, lilac, and something faintly spicy, possibly cinnamon. That made me nervous as I sometimes have dermal sensitivity to cinnamon.

Wet: Dragons blood, even stronger floral lilac, a hint of vanilla, and more cinnamon. It itched a little, so I watched the small spot like a hawk.

Dry down: The lilac scent dominated and overpowered most of everything else, except something musky rose up and made itself known. It's not any of my enemy musks, or this would now smell like baby powder or ass. Red musk maybe? No reddening or further itching, thankfully. If there is cinnamon, it's not strong enough to put the hurt on me.

It's a pretty scent, a bit too sweet and floral for my taste. Hubby says it smells chemically, and since he's currently under the weather, there's no telling if the intention of the oil is effective or not. I'm still happy I had the chance to try it; I just don't think I'd buy it.

Throw: medium

Lasting power: medium. Faded within 4 hours to a soft sweetness.

Dragon's blood, my nemesis, something like lilac, perhaps a touch of ylang ylang, and it has a vanillic feel without seeming to really have any vanilla. As it dries down a touch of spice develops, but I can't tell what spices they are.

The plastic of the dragon's blood will not allow me to review this in a positive manner, so I'll just end this here.

I'm getting Dragon's Blood with musk and florals. It's pretty and light, but considering I'm pretty enamored with my current lover, it probably won't be a keeper.

Good for wearing: when I want to feel like a pretty, sexy dragon (a.k.a. Daenerys.)