Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Cinnamon girl...

Umbra is great.

Totally doesn't work on my skin, but I just smell it once in a while and can't seem to bring myself to put it up for swap.

Boots

Three Witches and Chimera are really pretty. Three Witches is a little too sweet for me. Actually, I have an imp that I've only used a couple times if you'd like it. Chimera I adore and it's in my regular use pile of imps.

ETA Inferno smells nice, but totally burns me. At first I thought it was too soon out of the shower, but sadly it wasn't that. It makes me sad that I can't wear that or hellcat.

Edited by silverangel

Eclipse and Hellcat are nice and boozy with that cinnamon kick. Three Witches and Inferno did NOT smell like cinnamon to me or on me. The World does have a lovely cinnamon undertone. It's a great scent. Sin is nice but it smelled so faint, almost diluted to me.

Eclipse and Hellcat are nice and boozy with that cinnamon kick.  Three Witches and Inferno did NOT smell like cinnamon to me or on me.  The World does have a lovely cinnamon undertone.  It's a great scent.  Sin is nice but it smelled so faint, almost diluted to me.

This is a perfect example of how chemistry effects the way an oil smells. Hellcat didn't smell AT ALL like cinnamon on me, and neither did The World! But they smelled like cinnamon on Andra.

But Three Witches and Inferno SCREAMED cinnamon on me (which is a GREAT thing!), but didn't smell like cinnamon on Andra!

We must have anti-chemistries, Andra! :P

Edited by Scylla

It's the truth, Laurin! Sometimes I read a review of a scent that I had tried and thought "there is no way it's the same scent". It's amazing at what our bodies can do and it's amazing that BPAL adapts to each of us.

Yay Beth!

Vixen is glorious. It's like a sexier, smooth version of Sin. And Sin is very sexy and spicy. Vixen has ginger, not cinnamon, but it's well worth getting if you like the spicier blends.

In Faustus, it's not really that noticeable - it's just a hint.

Umbra is very, very dry. I love the darker, more resiny scents, but this was a bit to much for me to wear by itself.

I'm very fond of Three Witches. It's almost straight cinnamon on me, although others have said they can smell the clove. It's the only cinnamon scent I've tried so far, though.

I have, and adore, the following spicy scents:

Bloodlust(just a hint of cinnamon, but it is worth getting anyway, as it is AMAZING)

Serpent's Kiss(A lot more cinnamon than, and not as dark as, Bloodlust)

Chimera(Cinnamon/honeysuckle GORGEOUSNESS)

Three Witches(Haven't worn much, but is very, VERY spicy)

Tintagel(A light, refreshing, but still very present cinnamon)

Red Devil(I'm not 100% sure there is cinnamon in this, but on me it is a gorgeous melon/herbal/spicy scent)

And Sweet Clove single note(Which, although not cinnamon, is so delightfully spicy that I highly recommend getting at least an imp of it!)

oh. my. hell.

SWEET CLOVE?!@@#$(@#$ HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS SINGLE NOTE BEFORE?! i just saw your review of it! that and the single note cinnamon have shimmied their way onto my 5mL bottle list. oh, god. the possibilities of these two.

hellcat doesn't smell anything like cinnamon on me. in fact, it kind of turns sour after a while, like curdled milk. maybe that's my warning to stay away from foody scents. ah well.

so far, i think these are the recommendations you guys have given me that will be in the next few orders.

bloodlust, cinnamon single note (5mL), chimera, eclipse, love me, old port-au-prince, sweet clove (5mL), three witches (5mL), umbra.

old morocco's on the wishlist for a 5mL too, but it was there already.

vixen will probably come in a later order, maybe sometime next year.

thanks, guys! keep sending the recommendations my way, though. :P

oh. my. hell.

SWEET CLOVE?!@@#$(@#$ HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS SINGLE NOTE BEFORE?! i just saw your review of it! that and the single note cinnamon have shimmied their way onto my 5mL bottle list. oh, god. the possibilities of these two.

:P

Yes, the Sweet Clove is incredible. I'm playing with layering it right now, but it is entirely glorious enough to wear on its own! :D

Oh...have we forgotten to mention the glorious Harlot? 

Fresh cinnamon and lush roses...gorgeous combo.

well, i think everyone left it out because i said that's the one i've tried thus far. florals don't work on me, unfortunately, and it turned into air freshener on my skin.

mmm, clove..

I just saw this thread. I love all of the cinnamon scents. The only ones I can add are the Hierophant (Tarot blend) mild cinnamon. Old Port Au Prince, no cinnamon, but nice spicy scent.

HAMADRYAD!! it has a cinnamon that comes in and out as it morphs, with a nice light floral/woody balance... yummy

HAMADRYAD!! it has a cinnamon that comes in and out as it morphs, with a nice light floral/woody balance... yummy

i agree, hamadryad is deeeelish.

i'm not sure if i'm completely into the tarot blends. i would really like the star, though. what is scherezade like, asa?

So far I have tried Eclipse, Inferno, Three Witches and Wrath.

I actually smell the frankincense much more than the cinnamon in Eclipse. It is lovely and was my first 5ml ever, but to me it is not a predominantly cinnamony scent. I highly recommend it though :P

Inferno was nice but I found it a little one-dimensional, not as complex and layered as some other blends.

Three Witches is really nice and peppery. I like it a lot, especially as a room scent.

My favourite however has to be Wrath. Now that's seriously cinnamony, but perfectly wearable thanks to the fruitiness imparted by the dragon's blood. Of all the cinnamon blends, this is the one I can see myself using on a regular basis as a perfume oil, as opposed to a room scent. Two thumbs up! :D

I just received Mercury and Faustus but have not tried them yet. If I find any of them outstanding, I will post again in this thread to let you know.

i agree, hamadryad is deeeelish.

i'm not sure if i'm completely into the tarot blends. i would really like the star, though. what is scherezade like, asa?

It has mid east spices, kinda like a sweeter morocco. Very sultry and i always get loads of complements when i wear it. :P Its not a fiery spice like cinnamon but more of a mellow sweeter and exotic spice.

Also for cinnomon my rec is chimera.

Chimera is one of my top 10 fav's. If it's not on my list, it should be.

Beth can never make enough cinnamon scents for moi!

I think my Chaos Theory has cinnamon it it as well. Yay!!

:P more cinnamon scents Beth.......please. Bring 'em on!