Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Cinnamon girl...

Of all the imps I've tried so far (and am totally enamored with just about all of them) I find that I am attracted most to that cinnamon note in Harlot.

I looked up cinnamon on the Lab's search and made a list of what came up...my question is, which ones are the most cinnamon-y?

Thanks in advance to the noses that know!

Three Witches reeks of cinnamon (I'm not a cinnamon girl--maybe the world is seeking balance? :P). There's also clove in it, too.

I likened Chimera to "cinnamon-spiced almonds". The cinnamon was very noticeable on me, but sweeter than it sometimes appears.

:P chai_girl I think our brains linked

Edited by allamanda

three witches is very cinnamon smelling...

sin has a very light cinnamon scent to it..

if you like cinnamon, you'd possibly like dragon's blood scents as well..

dragon's heart is.. :P

three witches is very cinnamon smelling...

I agree. I adore Cinnammon and this was TOO much. It kicks yer butt.

On me, Three Witches smells like spiced cider (including an apple smell that other people aren't getting) and isn't particularly cinnamony at all.

The cinnamoniest scent's I've got are Wrath and All Night Long, and both of them pack a punch.

Wrath is just a straight-up angry candy smell. There's a lot of depth to it, but it's a pretty straight-ahead scent.

All Night Long is cinnamon that slithers. It twists around your nose and it's really hard to pin down. but it's definately sexy as hell.

Definately try some of the Dragon's blood scents.

On me, Hellcat dried down from a rum boozy wildness to a biting but very warm cinnamon- one of my favorite scents so far! Eclipse seemed to have a little bit of cinnamon, but dried down to a very powdery scent.

I seem to gravitate towards the cinnamon scents as well, for my next order I ordered a sample of Chimera, hopefully it'll be nice :P

I LOVE Harlot and every BPAL with cinnamon....some of my favs..

Faustus (MMMMM), Sin, Harlot, Wrath, Eclipse (MMMMM), Umbra, 3 Witches, All Night Long, Chimera (MMMMMM). I think that's all I have. If there are any more out there, I'd love to try them.

(have inferno on order)

EDA - wore Old Port Au Prince today and someone walked in and said I smelled like cinnamon............who would have thought??

Edited by lorajc

so, all of you who can actually wear scents with cinnamon without getting red welts, what are your favorites?

i'm addicted to anything that smells like cinnamon. i did a search for cinnamon on the main site, and pulled up the following blends: chimera, eclipse, umbra, inferno, bloodlust, three witches, harlot, faustus, sin, wrath, and the single note cinnamon.

the only one i've tried out of those is harlot, and, although it was gorgeous, the rose didn't work on my skin, so i'm swapping it away. eclipse is already on my "MUST HAVE!" list. i'm also thinking about investing in the single note cinnamon to layer with scents, but i'm scared that my skin may have a reaction to oil that strong.

i've looked at many of the reviews, but i'd really like to hear personal feedback on what everyone thinks. i'd also like to hear about any blends that are notably "spicy," regardless of whether or not they specifically have cinnamon. i'd like to hear about some more scents with clove if anyone has input!

thanks in advance! <3

My favorite cinnamon blends are Love Me and Hamadrayad. :P

Love Me being my number one favorite BPAL of all. Love it so!!!

Ask Lorajc. She's the expert on cinnamon blends, she has them all, I think and has said that she adores them.

Tintagel also smells like cinnamon to me. And it's yummy smelling.

Letsee....my favorite cinnamon smelling BPAL blend isn't available yet -- it's The Lion.

But other cinnamon scents I've tried are:

The World... A really round, strong, earthy cinnamon scent. It's got bits of floral, and bits of aquatic, and bits of earth, and...well, bits of everything. It reminds me of Good Earth tea.

Chimera. This one's the easiest way to smell like a sugar cookie with liberal amounts of cinnamon. I love it. On the other hand, I'm always paranoid that if I wear it someone's going to think that there are sugar cookies in the room. :P

Serpent's Kiss... It says "spices" in the description, but please translate that as "lots of cinnamon with a dash of some other stuff." If you like Dragon's Blood and you like vetivert, this one'll be perfect for you. On me, it smelled like earthy cinnamon cherry cough drops. I liked it, but not enough to keep it.

Umbra. This one's got *strong* amounts of patchouli in it. The cinnamon is just an after thought to that. When I tried it, I was a bit overwhelmed by the patchouli, but otherwise liked it. I guess that I'm discovering that I really like patchouli and vertivert when they are just supporting notes, rather than big ol' hit you in the face notes.

Other spicy scents?

I really love the spices in Scherezade, Old Morocco, Old Kathmandu, and . Oh, and Old New Orleans has some great spiciness to it. It smells like a hot house with lemon and clove and some other spiciness.

As for clove, I seem to have bad luck with clove blends. Succubus went horrible on my skin, Old Port-Au-Prince was *all* clove with no rum, Jack was burnt pumpkin pie, Seraglio went straight rose on me, and March Hare turned into a candle scent. And each of these is specific to a problem with my skin chemistry, but I'm hoping that maybe I'll find more than only one scent with clove that works on me. That one, by the way, is Voodoo which smells delicious! I will be trying out The Three Witches pretty soon, though. Hopefully that one will work well one me...

oh, god. i LOVE hamadryad. i'm pretty sure i'll eventually get a big bottle of it. i've actually got tintagel coming to me in a swap sometime. i couldn't remember why i wanted it, so thank you for refreshing my memory. teehee. if lora doesn't see this thread, i'll be sure to ask her about it.

Three Witches is awesome. Cinnamon and clove, lots of gorgeous spice, smells like fall. Yum.

Eclipse and Chimera didn't work on me. Eclipse was too boozy, Chimera way too sweet.

Old Port-au-Prince has some lovely spices in it - not cinnamon, but I think clove's in there somewhere. It's really nice. Worth a shot.

Old Morocco is spicy, but not cinnamon or clove spicy. More like cardamom or coriander, I think. Not really what you're looking for.

i have old morocco, and i'm convinced i -NEED- a big bottle of that too, but you're right, that's not really what i'm looking for here. i still adore the spices in it, though. old port-au-prince is SO on my wishlist. the reason i want eclipse is because of the booziness, if i remember correctly, but that aspect of blends seems to be very downplayed on my skin.

hmmm. chimera could be worth looking into, but when i think of cinnamon, i don't necessarily associate it with sweet scents or foody scents. so, that's a maybe. three witches.. mmmm. i want that badly. i'll probably order a bottle without trying it first. ;x

ETA: did someone say patchouli!? i'm so there. i must have umbra now. as i learned the hard way from my bottle of dragon's blood single note, that stuff turns straight to air freshener on me. it's completely floral on my skin, but i've heard in the blends it has a lot more resin.

i've also considered love me, which sounds puuuurty good.

oh shit, guys, i think i'm just going to have to order them all.

Edited by diabolique

Oh, and I just figured out what was nagging at the back of my thought process:

Cordelia

Through some weird act of scent bizarity everyone who reviews this smells cinnamon in it. It's listed no where in the description, but is apparently there. The even weirder part is that most of the folks who review this definitely don't think it smells like they'd expect it to smell. Freaky, huh? It's on my wishlist right now (with a star and everything) because if it smells like it's supposed to, I'll love it, and if it smells like cinnamon, I'll love it. :P

Of the cinnamon scents, I have only tried Three Witches and Inferno. Inferno caused the dreaded red welts on me, but they faded pretty fast. Unfortunately, so did the scent!

I LOVE Three Witches, and so does my daughter! It totally smells like fall. If you're a cinnamon lover, you've got to try an imp of it. Trust me!

ETA: Three Witches did NOT cause any burning sensations.

Edited by Scylla

i just put some dragon's blood on with some bordello, and i'm definitely getting a smell that has more resin than what i'm used to with dragon's blood. i know this is somewhat off topic, but i just got curious and had to try it. it's weird how much a scent can change just by being mixed with something else.

SO! yes. three witches. honestly, i think i'm just going to order a bottle of this without trying an imp. if it doesn't work out on me, i'm sure i can swap it or use it as a house scent.

cordelia sounds.. strange. almost a bit too floral for me.