Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Cinnamon girl...

3 hours ago, VetchVesper said:

Have you tried "Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil?"  Maybe a similar vibe but extra foody. "Sin in the Pumpkin Patch" is pretty great if you can find it. The sexy resins have just a touch of foodiness and I think the cinnamon is amped up a touch from the pumpkin spice. Lastly, I'll draw your attention to "The Obsequies of an Egyptian Cat," - Sweet myrrh, saffron, red labdanum, ambrette seed, terebinth resin, Damascus rose, honey, cardamom, and cacao-infused patchouli. No cinnamon, but with the cardamom, myrrh, patchouli, and honey, there's a really gorgeous, slinky golden spiced vibe you might really dig. 

You're making me want to go wear cinnamon now. 😁 I like the note, it just tends to really drown out everything else. I find Ceylon cinnamon works a lot better for me though. Do you register any difference between cassia and Ceylon?

Thanks for the recs! You would think I would love cassia but I can't stand it usually and find it so different. Yes, in perfume oil anyway the cinnamon always takes over on me too. I've yet to really try any indie oil where it didn't. Maybe I just need to mostly stick to layering it. The Obsequies of Egyptian Cat sounds amazing except for the honey which would take over on me more than the cinnamon believe it or not and turn the whole thing into BO powdery funk. I've never loved something so much in reality yet detested it in perfume the way I do honey!

Edited by ziggystardust13