Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Flower Moon 2005

... Flower Moon embodies the unrestrained bliss, energy and color of the season: a bouquet of vivid, sexy blooms… tulip, daffodil, violet, dewdrop, rhododendron, iris, daisy, and a mix of California wildflowers.

I liked this one a lot. It wasn't too over powering of florals but yet you could tell what it was supposed to be. It remonds me of the time last year when Mat and I would take long late night drives in the woods here. This is so pretty I love it.

There I was all set to love Milk Moon. I only ordered Flower Moon because - well, it was there.

Milk Moon proved not for me, but Flower Moon is lovely. I'm not a floral fan, I have to say. I have a strong preference for woody, incensey blends. So it gives me great pleasure to say that FLower Moon has a hint of sharpness, a hint of crispness. It is not cloying, not overwhelming. It's NOT like getting hit in the face with a bouquet of flowers. It's more like taking a walk through a field of flowers. It is airy and refreshing.

Delightful.

Bottle (Imp): I suspect this will not work on me, as flowers have a love/hate thing with my skin. But after The Living Flame, I will certainly give this a shot. So, I open it, and in the imp it smells flowery and sweet.

Just On: Annnnd, it immediately hates my skin and starts to go soapy.

An hour or two later: Way too soapy, though some of the flowers are peeking through in a nice way.

Around 6 hours: Still too soapy, my skin is so bad with flowers for the most part.

12 hours: Faded soap.

Overall: This is a gorgeous scent, ruined by my skin.

After reading other reviews: It's beautiful flowers, yes, but my skin messes it up, so it's not for me. I've sent my imp off to a happier home.

I'm one of those people who ordered Flower Moon because I was getting Milk Moon anyway.

Imagine my surprise when I find myself reaching for Flower Moon almost everyday! :P :D :D

I tend to shy away from floral scents, but this one is simply gorgeous.

I believe it shares a few similar notes as Beltane, as both are clean, spring scents.

However, Flower Moon has a sweetness and a fullness to it that takes it one step up.

This is the innocent scent of sweet, crushed flowers. As a kid, I used to smear a bit of cherry or plum on my lips and pretend it was lipstick -- replace the fruits with little pink flowers, and this is what Flower Moon reminds me of.

First Impression: Whoa! Heady, bright red-orange flowers.

Second Impression: Bright and potent, Flower Moon reminds me so much of the floral components in Red Moon. I find the wet stages a bit overpowering, but the drydown is incomparably lovely.

Final Analysis: A beautiful floral which demands attention.

Flower Moon along with Milk Moon were the last of my LE ordering idiocy. I don't like flowers and inevitably I didn't enjoy Flower Moon. It is a very strong but not smothering floral scent. I couldn't identify any particular flower notes except I am quite sure that this blend houses the flower that killed the Mi-Go Brain Canister for me. This scent lasts a long time and I can see it being lovely for anyone who loves floral blends.

Flower Moon

In the imp: yup, it's floral. But it's very light and breezy, quite sweet, and almost reminiscent of melon!

Wet on skin: this is a very sweet scent, like honeydew, or honeydew melons. I can smell the nectar and the pollen in this blend. It's sweet, light spring flowers dusted with sugar,

Dry on skin: still very sweet, springy, light, playful. This is the scent of springtime crossing over into summer. I can't make out the individual flowers, but it really does smell like nectar and pollen, it's so sweet, I keep getting images in my head of a meadow of wild flowers on a sunny day with bees buzzing round the flowers.

After a while: the scent becomes more 'fuzzy', it smells sweeter, and it reminds me of the big yellow centres of flowers full of pollen. That's what the scent now reminds me of. It's also got a fresh aspect to it, like dewdrops on petals, and also has a slight greenness. I can also make out the lunar oils in the background.

Verdict: this is a sweet, honeydew like scent. I was expecting it to be more floral, and it is quite floral, yes indeed, but totally different. This is light, breezy, and very sweet. It almost smells like melon at some points, but that's probably the smell of honeydew, or flower nectar, I can smell the pollen here. (Thank goodness I'm not a hayfever sufferer!) It's a sunny, bright, playful floral, like a meadow of sweet flowers in the springtime. However, there are other floral scents I prefer to this, but even so, this is really lovely and really evocative of spring and early summer.

i was set not to order flower moon, but when milk moon came up as well, i ordered both of them.

i don't like most florals. they are either too sharp to my nose, or my skin turns them into rotting petals. :P

but flower moon? flower moon i like. i can't pick out any of the individual flower notes, except that i think i smell mimosa. the floral scent is tempered and cut by the clear lunar oil scent that i associate with the moon blends. i'm really enjoying wearing this blend.

i especially liked it on the few summer days we've had that haven't been too hot. it makes me feel. . . sexy. :D

First Impression: A myriad of flowers - very pretty.

Dries down to: A softer version of the same. I can't pick out any particular floral note, they're all blended so seamlessly. This is how bridal bouquets at outdoor weddings should smell - a concentration of all the floral scents in the surrounding air.

Additional Comments: I'm going to try layering this oil with Milk Moon, as suggested by other reviewers - I think that will work brilliantly and hopefully, it will last much longer on me.

Lasted: About an hour.

Rating: 3 out of 5 (would have been higher if it lasted longer).

Oh!

Flowers!

Oh my goodness. This is the ultimate floral scent. Sweet and fresh and blooming and green. It's like walking in a garden crammed crazily full of all kinds of flowers, or like sticking your face into an armload of delicious, freshly-picked, dew-covered wildflowers and breathing in. It's the kind of scent that, when I'm walking along and I catch it, makes me turn around and say "Oh! What is that divine blooming thing?"

All that said-- floral scents are not really my thing. :P This is completely gorgeous, but I won't wear it a lot because I just don't wear floral scents-- they don't express my personality. I'm torn as to whether I should keep my nice decant, just to wear on days when I feel bloomy, or pass it on to someone else who might appreciate it more. In any case, if you like flowers, you will LOVE Flower Moon.

Initial Sniff: Beautiful wildflowers under the soft light of a full moon. Gorgeous.

Wearing: This starts out delightfully as a jumble of beautiful wildflowers in full bloom under the light of a silvery moon. Then the violet starts beating all of the other flowers into submission. It conquers all, transforming beautiful flower moon into a powdery violet abomination.

Final Impressions: The things my body chemistry does to this oil makes me want to cry. I WILL figure out a way to wear this... I will!!!

Mmmmm, Flower Moon. :P

Reminds me of Beltane, lots of lovely flowers, a whole heap of them. It's like a summer meadow in a bottle. Beth's florals are so incredible. Flower Moon just makes me...happy!

Origin:

Mini sample from the lovely Diana. :D

Preconceived notions:

I don't see there being any chance of my truly liking this. I may find it okay and pretty enough, but the chances of it being "me" are very small since I'm not a floral fan. :P

First sniff:

Yep, not me but nice enough in its own way. Florals normally equal "instant headache" for me, but so far Flower Moon is innocuous if generically floral to my nose (most flowers smell too much alike to distinguish between them to my nose). This is a bright, young, cheerful floral scent. One that screams flowers in tousled hair and tan legs showing under flirty skirts.

Wet on skin:

If I had to wear a floral blend (i.e. a floral scent other than, say, pure lilac), this might be it. It's not matronly or headache inducing or aloof and even though I don't do florals, I can see why this could appeal to someone. Miles away from my preferances, but very well done. :D

Dry down:

Sweet, heady florals, all tumbling over one another. I'm starting to get a vicious headache now, though, so it appears it's time to end this experiment. :D

The bottom line:

I'm not disappointed with Flower Moon; in fact, I'm slightly surprised by the fact that it's rather pretty to my flower-averse nose. :D

flower moon

at first: a soft, unassuming bouquet. i can pick out the violet, but that's all. wonderful.

on: so beautiful. there's definitely lotus in here, but lots of other flowers, too. a gorgeous bouquet.

1 hour later: powdery and floral. i can't pick any notes out, but it's nice.

1.5 hours later: this has turned soapy.

overall: some florals just go soapy and boring on me and this is one of them.

I can smell the lunar base oils right away in this one, and the flowers seem to hide softly behind them on me. I didn't buy it from the lab, as I was worried I wouldn't like it, but then bought one from the swaps page out of dire curiousity. It IS a pretty but very light floral, not in your face in any way. I think I would have liked it better stronger as it disappears quickly on me. Not one I'd wear everyday, but nice for summer!

Flower Moon weaves the floral notes with the lunar oils and the result is surprisingly pretty. However, it does go a bit soapy in the drydown. That, combined with the fact that I have other floral scents that I like more and that I can't really pick out the violet note (one of my fave floral notes), leads me to conclude that I probably won't wear Flower Moon that much even though it is very lovely.

It has a very strong and sweet starting (I get a lot of phlox in the first snif) of phlox and daffodil.

Dry the daisies and the tulips come out, along with the white and dry touch of the iris.

This is an intense floral but it has a fresh touch too that makes it not cloying at all. Lovely. :P

I can't believe I haven't reviewed Flower Moon yet! It's one of my favotites, and definatly a summer staple for me.

As for individual notes, ha, don't know. This one is very a very soft floral, light and bright and a touch sweet. It's very vibrant and youthful, definatly not an old lady floral. It's gorgeous, and is soft enough I can wear it when it gets really freaking hot, so hot that florals are usually the bane of my existance. Even my beloved Beltane is to much when it gets really hot, but this one is magic on a hot day. :P

This was my first 5ml bottle of BPAL, bought on an eBay auction. Daffodils are a favorite flower of mine and rhododendrons bring back happy memories of my grandparents' home in the Virginia mountains. So I definitely wanted to give this a go.

In the bottle: The florals are soft and light and run together sweetly. I think I can pick out the violet, but it's hard to single anything out.

Wet: Uh oh...here comes the violet. Anything with a lot of violet turns astringent on me for a while. Wait it out...wait it out...

Drydown: The violet takes a while to calm down, but once it does I'm left with a stunningly beautiful floral mix that I keep sniffing and sniffing. Sometimes I can catch the tulip, sometimes the iris, sometimes the daffodil...they keep rotating and changing into a new lineup that has me compulsively bringing my wrist to my nose.

Verdict: This one is a winner for me and I'm sorry that it's a LE. I need to experiment a bit with scenting lotion with this, to see if that solves the violet=acrid problem. In the meantime, this works very well in my scent locket!

For about the first hour that I'm wearing Flower Moon, it reminds me a lot of Mi-Go (as others have said). Luckily, I love Mi-Go. I get the same unique floral and honeydew melon scent. It's lovely and reminds me of spring.

In the drydown it gets a bit more perfumey from florals that I can't identify. These aren't the usual florals that give me headaches though. I'm glad that there's no jasmine here. It smells like a light blend of sweet wildflowers, honeydew melon, and dryer sheets. Very refreshing. It's one of the few floral blends that I can actually wear. :P

Flower Moon to me is very floral as you might expect, & mostly I like it....but.... it has an undertone of Jasmine, which personally I really dislike, if you don't like Jasmine this oil's not for you! I'm not sure I want to keep this one, we'll see...

I'll update this review when I have the oil to hand.

Wow, this is really really floral. Although, what can I expect?

In the imp it's brilliantly sweet and flowery. Wow. It's sweet, but I'm not sure I really like it. It's got some odd scents, but it really is damp smelling.

Fresh on... melon? I smell melon! Sweet and wet. This is wet florals, not in the watery floral scent but in the dew-drenched floral scent. This is what Demeter's Flower Show wishes it was. I can't pick anything out really, but it's so very very sweet. Quite lovely. It really does live up to the description: a brilliant garden of flowers.

Once it starts to dry down, I start getting... phlox, if that's what I get in Pink Moon. Maybe a hint of jasmine, a bit of tulip, but it's not quite that fresh. I can't place it other than 'riot of flowers'. I don't catch any iris, alas, as I love it. Actually... I smell something very familiar that I like, but I can't place it at all.

I can see this being a fabulous scent for a garden party or even a wedding in a garden. It blends in with the kind of bouquet I love. Forget roses. Give me more interesting flowers.

Very very pretty, very spring-time. Not sure this is my type of floral, although it's really gorgeous and does work well on me. It's not the sort of thing I usually choose to smell like. I'm going to have to think on this imp.

Edited by Xiabelle

This is probably the first BPAL oil I fell truly in love with.

My nose finds this to smell like many things simultaenously, I smell about 5 million flowers, all crammed inside a bottle (I smell no rose in this, not saying it isn't there, I am not looking at the oil list, just that I don't smell any). But despite this I don't entirely think this is a "floral" fragrance like I define one. there is a fruity smell, and a candy vanilla-like sweet smell too, which is maybe the lunar oils, because I smell the same powdery sweet scent in Strawberry Moon.

In vial: flowers, fruit and candy.

On, flowers and a fruity candy background that is not so strong I feel like I am wearing a kid's perfume.

This is perfectly lovely.

This starts out in an unpromising dichotomy of pez candy and a creamy note that must be the lunar oils. :P But soon enough these two strains meld into a gorgeous heady creamy flowery blend. I can't identify any individual floral notes. It does smell like an entire bouquet of flowers, but the kind of flowers that don't assault you with fragrance. It lasts a few hours on me but I keep reapplying.