Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Milk Moon 2005

... Milk Moon is Flower Moon’s warmer, gentler cousin; it is a scent that emulates the closeness of child and mother. In it, cream and warm honey soften our traditional blend of lunar oils.

Oh, goodness! I loved the smell of Milk Moon in the imp! But then when I wore it...it went downhill.

Perhaps it's just too sweet for my tastes, or perhaps it's my chemistry. But as it dried down it turned into this overly sickly sweet vanilla. It was overpowering and burned my nose a bit. It was also very sharp and reminded me of those "over done" vanilla perfumes (complete with alcohol/perfume headache) such as Vanilla Fields. Ick.

I gave this a 1 out of 5 stars.

I will be putting this one in my sale & swap pile so it can go to someone who will love it. Edited by Shollin

i wanted to like this one so much. there are elements that smell divine, like the soft, creamy milky smell i get, but there is some note in this that has a urine-like smell on me...ick. :P

this note (i have no idea what it is) is so overpowering that it gives me a headache and turns my stomach when i sniff it. i am having the worst luck with the moon scents thus far.

Mmmm....now I know what all the fuss is about!

Milk Moon is creamy, creamy, creamy, with apparent background notes of peppermint? Coconut? Sounds odd, but it makes for a delicious blend. I will treasure my little imp. :P

One odd reaction -- for a few moments here and there, it made my tongue tingle weirdly. I promise, I hadn't been trying to lick it off my arm! :D

Edited by Katinka

Even on first application, I can barely smell this scent. It's creamy and sweet, and I think I get a little bit of mint, as well. Unfortunately, after that one, brief whiff of it, it disappears completely. I can barely tell I put anything on at all! :P

Yup, looks like I'm getting the reaction half of us do -- very sweet, milky vanilla in the bottle, a hint of yummy mint, and then sickly-sweet plastic. Yuck. For what it's worth, this is similar to the way Lick It and Black Opal turned out on me, so I don't think BPAL vanilla and I are friends. But it's also quite similar to Tarot: The Star (which in turn was like a less minty/foody version of Spooky), so if you like this in the bottle and it didn't work on your skin, you might want to go for that one instead.

Oh. My. God.

Creamy, soft, sweet (but not too sweet), this is a perfect smell for me. It reminds me of Miskatonic without the coffee notes, and I find it very comforting. There's a faint vanilla note that warms it without turning it into baked goods. The perfect fragrance for a lactating mother.

Why, oh, why, are all my favorites long gone before I try them?

I'm hoping like hell that they re-release it in April. ::fingers crossed::

n the bottle this smells like slightly burnt milk with a heavy undertone of honey.

On my skin it changes from a heavy honey scent when wet, to the most delicious creamy milk and vanilla. This really does smell like a huge mug of hot milk with real vanilla in it. :P At first I was a little unsure about it, since foody scents tend to make me nauseous due to how badly they work with my skin, but this is such a comforting smell. I actually just returned home from being treated appallingly by a post office employee and was all upset, and after applying this I could feel my muscles relaxing. Now, I have a big smile on my face. Definitely a keeper!

In the bottle, it smells overwhelmingly sweet and creamy. Then, as it dries it softens, leaving a luscious heavy-cream vanilla sweet scent. It's very comforting. It is absolutely like the description. I LOVE going to sleep wearing it. This one I liked a lot when I tried first, but it's become one of my absolute favorites. It lasts shockingly well too. It's delish and creamy when wet, but even better dry. Absolutely the bee's knees. I'm sooo grateful to a sweet forum member (bloodlotus1) for being so kind as to sell it here rather than auctioning it on eBay. I looove it and am very glad to have a full size!

I broke down and got a second bottle, after I'd realized I'd made a decent dent in this one already. I really think this is one of the most amazing BPAL blends by far, it's amazingly creamy but not foody at all in my opinion.

I'd give it a 5 out of 5.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

Ah...lovely creamy milk and honey!

Soft, sweet and gentle.

This is a very pretty and subtle fragrance.

It is a very comforting scent to wear on those days that you feel soft and pretty and sweet (yes, I'm repeating myself!)

Very innocent and accessible.

Yes, I want more of this! :P

I was really excited to get this and be able to try it. At first in the imp it was very creamy and sweet. After I put it on my skin it seemed to amplify. I didn't get any mint from it like I read in other reviews. It seemed to turn kind of buttery after a few minutes. However after about ten it started to turn. It smelled like rancid milk or butter. Definitely did not work for me to my disappointment.

I have mixed feelings about this one.

I definitely get a coconutty scent, and vanilla. I didn't pick out mint until after I'd heard it was in there, but once I knew it was there, I wondered how I'd missed it. The mint is great, adding a freshness and a sharpness that Milk Moon would otherwise lack.

The problem is that, somewhere underneath these yummy notes, I can't shake the impression of the milk that's left over once you've eaten a bowl of sugary cereal. (When I was a kid, the parents would make us drink it so as not to waste it, and I never much liked drinking milk and *really* didn't like post-cereal milk.) There's something cloying about this one, such that my decanted imp of it never really got into circulation.

I did bring it to ritual for Imbolc, and a friend accidentally spilled it. Rest in peace, Milk Moon, and I'm sorry you didn't quite work. :P At least I have Black Pearl now for my coconut needs, and it lacks the cereal-milk note.

This is such a mild calm scent... very mellow and creamy. I don't get a whole lot of mint or lunars, this one is all warm cream on my skin. It puts me in mind of the smell of fresh Devon cream on a crumpet when you have a good English cream tea.

It makes me very happy, because unlike Antique Lace, it doesn't go plastic on me, just stays the same lovely creamy scent for hours, with a mild but noticable throw.

Also smells good layered with Lush Chai body wash. :P It's my favorite moon, and I hope it comes back again someday... in the meantime I shall placate with Star, White Rabbit, and possibly Obatala.

In the bottle this very much reminded me of Chaste Moon the diet version, less butterscotch but still very similar. I still loved it and was shocked and saddened that almost immediately after I put it on my wrist it disappeared completely! I don't usually have this problem with oils *scratches head* and then as suddenly as it disappeared it was back, but now it smelled very wonderfully and sweetly of milk and honey. The notes were very clear and defined yet well blended. I love love love this one, I wish desperately that I had ordered more than one bottle :P The scent remained true for quite awhile as well and very subtle and gorgeous.

Maybe I'm insane, but upon first sniffing Milk Moon.........my immediate reaction was, "Chocolate Milk!"

Rather, the cocoa powder being mixed into a glass of milk. I'm reminded of the Cocoa scent from Bath and Body Works, in that it's....chocolate, but not quite at that sweet chocolate candies stage. It's powdery cocoa, warm and tempting and just waiting to be made into wonderful and sweet.

This is SO pretty. In the bottle it's sweet, perfectly blended honey and milk before you warm it, a dash of spices tossed in for flavor.

On my skin, I get just the faintest touch of something minty and clean, lots of milk and heady honey. Milk and honey is my favorite drink, so this smell reminds me of late nights with my friends, or late nights writing until the sun comes up.

My brother likes it, too :P

I think this is my favorite BPAL scent--even more than Alice, and that's been my favorite for almost a year.

Edited by Pachelbel

Bottle: I definately smell peppermint. But...there's this weird..almost sour milk smell with it. It's not definately pleasant to me...but I'll try it anyway.

Wet: Oh gross. This one makes me sick. It does not like my skin at ALL. Oh dear. The peppermint with the milky smells is not not not not liking me at all. I don't think I like it either.

Dry: I smell a bit more peppermint, but that milky undertone really turns my stomach. Ugh I want it to go away. :P;

I'm kinda sad. It sounded so good but...it's not really what I expected. Oh well.

I tested this from Babylon out of her imp and i think my exact words were:

"Dude!! Omg! NOOO!! Get it off me!!" :P I then proceeded to run to the sink to scrub it off..and it wouldnt come off very well let me tell ye!

Sour milk and honey..not a good blend for my skin, i guess! It really turned me tummy, sadly. I feel bad for saying it too. I still love you, Beth. :D

In the imp: Sweet, creamy milk.

On my skin: A variety of things: I smell a bit of almonds, a bit of mintyness, cream, coconut milk, honey. The milk scents have traditionally done well on me and this is no exception.

Later on: Absolutely lovely. Definately need a bottle of this!

Milk Moon is very creamy honey milk on me but the added "lunar oils" gives this a hint of mint to me. First applied, it didn't agree with my nose - minty honey milk? But as it dried down, it started to grown on me.

Completely dried down Milk Moon is so beautiful, light and innocent. The mintiness has faded, leaving me a gogeous milk note with just a hint of honey! I am in love.

Milk Moooooon. Cream! Honey! I knew I would love this one.

I was wrong.

In the imp, Milk Moon is buttery, not really milky. It smells creamy and warm, but in a foody way, not a perfume-y way.

On my skin, it turns sour and gross, like the orange butter you get on popcorn in movie theaters.

At least I won't have to hunt down more of this one, hehe.

Aw, dammit. Just when I thought I wasn't going to have to hunt down any more hard-to-find and ridiculously expensive bottles...

Milk Moon is gorgeous on my skin. It's a creamy vanilla scent with a very slight coconut or mint twinge to it (I can't really tell which one). And butter. It smells soooooo good.

:P

Milkmoon turned me completely off when I smelled it in the vile. I am beign very liberal when trying it on. It's sweet, but the milk scent IMO, is a little sour. There's the ickyness of spilled milk smell in it that really turns me off. And when that finally goes away, you are left with a plasticy vanilla sweet-cream. I got my hands on a liberal portion of this, and unfortunately will have to find it a new home.

Milk Moon smells exactly like newborn baby spit-up. I don’t really want to smell like baby urp. Oh, and I should note that it has no throw – at least not on me.

I was SO looking forward to this. It's hard to find and I managed to score a decant for only $6. I anticipated something like warm milk and honey, something creamy and soft and smooth and light. And all I got was...

butter.

Yes, butter, you snuck in under the radar and managed to ruin one of the best-sounding lunacy oils ever! I don't know whether to thank you, butter, because although you ruined my hopes for this gorgeous sounding creation, at least now I won't have to sabotage my savings account in search of a bottle.

So, yeah. Milk Moon was a no-go for me. I tried Obatala and liked it much better, not so heavy or buttery. If I could try Chaste Moon, I think I'd like that better.

Edited by faifai