Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Energy, vigor, verve, strength, courage, balls.

In bottle: Citrus, but not heavy or juicy. It is like the subtle scent of an orange's peel, rather than the orange itself. What's more, it isn't a very ripe orange; it reminds me of a little green orange that has only just begun to change color. Also there's another citrus, that I recognize but don't know the name for. Pomello, perhaps?
On me: It is very similar to the bottle; it is that same little green orange with the other mingling citrus note. It is a bit sour, like a peel, and it is not unpleasant. It just doesn't feel fully ripened to me - and something about the undertones makes me think of corn chips.
It is energizing, but it is only a brief flash for me. It doesn't last, which is too bad.

First impression was so sour that I literally started salivating, as if I just popped some citrus in my mouth.

Of course there is more to moxie then just a citrus smell though. It is, as the reviewer above me commented, green citrus. It is indeed a 'get going' scent, although it doesn't last that long.

Moxie - from a trade with the fabulous Muppetk!

In the bottle: Whoa citrus! It reminds me of an Origins body lotion, grapefruit or some such like that, that was "energizing" or something.

On me/wet: It smells exactly like the sugar-coated orange slices I eat at Passover! Then it gets a little spicy, like ginger and clove. Wow - this one is fantastic so far! :P

Drydown: As this one dries, the fresh orange/grapefruit notes hide away behind the ginger, but it still blends in a way that makes me happy. Dry, yet sweet.

This is a real winner in the energy dept - it's bright and zingy and gorgeous! :D I feel like this would make an excellent bath oil. (And it's very long lasting on me).

Edited by scourgeotheseas

Hello Moxie! I got this in a swap from Joseybird, and it's awesome. Sweet spicy gingery citrus fabulosity. There's also a little bit of a honey or amber or clove note in it for me, something sweet and naturally yummy.

This makes me feel like Superwoman when I wear it. I not only smell great, I can leap tall buildings in a single bound! Total love! The only thing that could improve it is if it lasted longer - after a few hours, it faded considerably on me.

Oh man. I cannot stop sniffing this one. I've stopped putting it on and am just taking giant whiffs from the imp, because I'm scared I'm going to run out of it. I ordered a bottle the same day I got the imp in the mail!

Normally citrus scents go either headachey-sweet or completely non-existent on me, but this one is perfect. Tartly sweet the way real fruit is-- you can almost smell enzymes and vitamins in this, it's that natural-- with a bitter edge like the zest from orange peel. The spices give it kick without blunting the freshness at all. This isn't a scent I'd wear every day, but it's a scent I'd always want to have some of available, to take a deep, rejuvenating sniff and bring myself back into focus. Eleven stars!

Moxie packs quite the ginger-sharpened orange punch when wet. Unfortunately, the ginger goes woody smelling and the scent overall goes slightly sour on me in the drydown, the latter of which makes me think that Moxie contains orange blossom. And I'm feeling really lethargic today and Moxie doesn't seem to be inspiring me to get off my ass, so I think that I will pass this decant onto someone else.

BOTTLE: Orange rind!!! But there is also something underneath that which is somehow "off" (I know, I know, not a very good description) ... a little bitter, a little rancid ...

WET: The immediate zing is the orange, but there is something else ... like cooking herbs. It's not really sweet, but bitter and tangy.

DRYDOWN: It's a dark orange. It gets sweeter on drydown which is not necessarily a good thing ...

This isn't me at all, but I am thinking my daughter the queen of all things citrus might like it (and to be honest, the reason I wanted to try it to begin with was for her and the name).

On a scale of 1-5, about a 3 or so ...

First sniff: Tangerine! Or clementine, or some other citrus fruit that’s related to an orange but isn’t quite. That’s by far the sharpest note. There might be some grapefruit peel in here too. Moxie is seriously gorgeous.

Wearing: I’m just sitting here smiling. No wonder Josey talks about this one in big orange letters. :P

Wet on me this is sharp, bitter, almost viscious grapefruit. It's the whole grapefruit too, the pith, peel and pips as well as the flesh and juice. Dry it's much the same, it becomes more powdery and the ginger appears, sitting at the edges of my sense of smell. This is quite strange, I don't know about strength and courage, but this certainly helped kick off my lethargy in the afternoon.

In the Bottle: Grapefruit... and something herbal. Ew.

On Skin: EW. Grapefruit and something herbally bitter. EW EW EW. It basically smells like rotting grapefruits on me... :P

Not even waiting for the drydown on this.... EWness.... Damn my body chemistry.

in the bottle: grapefruit. tangy, mouth watering grapefruit

wet: grapefruit and tangerine rind

as it dries it gets a ginger kicker, but the grapefruit remains the foremost note. it is strong, and invigorating. and amazingly sexy

Very spikey and exhuberant!

It smells a bit like tzedakim nistarim to me.. maybe it has some spikenard? who knows.

I defnitely can pick out what smells like those little canned mandarin oranges.. with a dash of lemon and something with a zing, i guess ginger?

I like it, though it fades fairly quickly on me.. not sure how often I'd wear a citrus scent now that summer is fading in strength, so I may pass this one to someone more appreciative.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Orange!

In the imp/bottle: One word? CITRUS. Screaming, sharp, biting citrus, of every kind (or so it seems). I don't say that in a bad way, either.

On skin, wet: This reminds me why orange (which is what this smells of to me) has been, since I was but an infant, one of my favourite scents ever. It's very fresh, brisk, energizing.

On skin, dry: Orange -- fresh, juicy and sharp -- and something spicy! I can't figure out what the spice(s) is/are under the orange, but I love them; I am completly love.

Conclusion: This is a genuine pick-me-up, which I always need. I will definitely be adding a bottle of this to my next order.

Edited by Aredhel

When I opened the PACKAGE, all I smelt was Lemon Pledge. Same with in the imp, and when wet.

A few minutes later, it still smells of cleaner, but some florals are starting to peek out.

It's nice but nothing I will need to wear every day.

I got a faceful of grapefruit to begin with, followed by what I can only describe as a sweet corn tortilla-like smell on the drydown. The grapefruit was nice, but the tortilla smell bugged me.

Holy mother of grapefruit batman!

I applied Moxie to my temples and sat down at the old 'puter to do a bit of writing. Hardcore citrus; grapefruit, orange and lemon peel smacks you in the face.

At first I sneezed, then my brain did the equivalent of a "bzzzztbzzzztwhirrrrrclackclackclack" and went into overdrive.

If anything, it really affected my productivity... and posture... and how fast I was walking around my house each time I took a break.

(On a side note, I find it very similar to the Body Shop's Satsuma. So - an experiment for next time - I'm going to load the oil burner with Satsuma and apply Moxie and see how much work iI can get done in under an hour) :P

Definitely need a big bottle of Moxie.

Wow, bright citrus Sunshine in a bottle, I love this.

It makes me feel good to be alive it really does, I just got this in a panacea imp pack this morning & I was tired & fed up & not wanting to go out shopping this morning, but after applying this - wow I actually feel invigorated & ready to go out, this is amazing, it is a golden yellow sunshine colour - that's what I can smell anyway. Lovely & warm but citrusy all at the same time I'll need bottles of this. :P

Gah. It seems all the imps I got in the mail yesterday shocked me into closing them the minute I opened them. o_o Good thing I decided to try them on anyway. :D

Moxie was straight up ORANGE when I opened the imp. Smelled exactly like that orange scented cleaner my grandmother uses that gives me such massive headaches. I was kinda bummed. Fortunately, my skin seems to soak this right up and make it very very subtle and gingery.

THANK GOODNESS. I wasn't about to give this up. :P I'm a total sucker for the oils with 'purpose'. (ie: Panacea, Somnus & Voodoo Blends)

Edit: Good thing I looked to see if I'd reviewed this already before posting again. :D This is obviously still straight up orange-y citrus, but it's gained a real ginger-y spice to it. And, I can't sit here anymore. I put this on for a reason and now I need to use it. :D

Edited by sideviewhotel

In the imp: ORANGE. Lots of orange. Powerful, super oranges.

On, wet: Oranges, peel and all. POW.

Later: Stays pretty true to the initial scent, though it dies down a little bit. I tried two of the other Panacea/Elixir blends, but this is the only one I can see myself using. It's a nice, clean, happy orange scent, not too tart or too sweet. Perfect orange.

Um wow, grapefruit. This one really reaches out and grabs you by the metaphorical balls.

I really really thought I would love this one...and it has gone somewhere, as half an imp is gone, but at the end of the day, Moxie is just too loud for me.

It is supposed to be loud. That's the idea.

I think that the Panacea's and I were just not meant to be...in Moxie, I really enjoy the scent, but I tend to find the intensity irritating after a while...

Edited by emzebel

I love this one! Open the bottle and it jumps right out at you. For me it is a sharp grapefruity scent that loses the sharpness as it dries down. Does wonders for your outlook too - always happy when I wear this one!

My Impression:

THis is SUPER CITRUS and totally wonderful. It truly is an energy boosting scent. I am not always crazy about citrus notes but this proves there is an exception to every rule. This totally rocks :P

i love this one a lot! it is really juicy and refreshing - a sharp, tart tangerine, or even kumquat! definitely more intense than plain old orange, although orange may be in there too...as far as moxie's effect - it got me through a rehearsal dinner tonight for a family wedding, and schlepping through pouring rain to get there. i think the tangy zip of moxie really helped push me through. as others have stated, it does fade quickly - but i don't consider this a bad thing;(some of the real long-lasters can be obnoxiously strong..). also, as it fades away, a soft, slightly spicy-sweet scent is left, which is pleasant (though not as exciting as the initial citrus explosion which is amazing!).

I am not fond of orange citrus or grapefruit. Unfortunately, Moxie is very sharp citrus on me. It's like grinding up an orange rind and a grapefruit rind into powder and then snorting it up my nose. Not that I've ever done this, really. I just imagine that it would be the same sort of feeling.

Moxie is very sharp and dry on me. I don't get any ginger, just citrus.

I'll be swapping my decant.

Thanks to the generosity of Jasminepearls I got to try Moxie a little earlier than was expecting.

Wow! Moxie is certainly in-your-face tangerine! It fades pretty quick on me but I am left with wafts of a sweet, slightly sugared tangerine. It's certainly energizing, I only wish it stuck around a bit longer. But, overall, it's delicious!