Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Gourmand - Foody Scents - General Recommendations

I like Dana O'Shee - it's a creamy almond scent. Also, the Monsters - Underbed and Closet are also both really foody. Dana O'Shee is a general catalog while the Monsters are LEs.

Also, I find plum to be both sexy and foody - I adore Bathsheba, a spicy musky plum.

Edited by BellaKatrina

You should definitely snag a bottle of Monster Bait: Closet while it is still available. It's the closest thing I've come to finding something that smells like Beaver Moon... only it's a lot better than Beaver Moon :P Actually, you should grab a bottle of Monster Bait: Underbed too, if you like the chocolate scents.

You might also want to try Vice, it smells like chocolate covered gummi bears on me. Jailbait smells like bubblegum and lollipops. Velvet is silky sandalwood and cocoa. Hellcat is an interesting foodie blend along the same lines of Gluttony. Obatala is milky-coconut and sugared sweetness. Sudha Segara is a sweet milky scent. Alice is milk and honeyed cakes on me in the drydown.

If you're interested in fruity-foodie blends, a lot of the newer releases are awesome. Oya is wonderful plum, Yemaya smells like fresh cantaloupe, and Ogun is a spicy melon blend. Shango smells like a mixture of tropical fruits and apple. Hollywood Babylon is vanilla-sugar drenched strawberries.

Dragon's Milk is also a great foodie blend that is hard to describe. Very sweet and wonderful. I always get compliments on that one. Voodoo is sort of foodie on me as well, and it's my favorite scent.

And, if you're interested in vanilla-tea scents, definitely try Dorian. It's foodie in a way, and also very delicious.

/will end rambling now

Might have to look into getting some Gingerbread Poppet from a friend who has some. I'm just not sure how much she has!! Maybe only an imp, so I might be out of luck. I'll probably also have to look into Eat Me and Drink Me, Vice, Velvet, Hollywood Babylon, Sugar Cookie, Bengal, Jailbait, Hunger, Dana O'Shee, Hellcat, Obatala, Sudha Segara, Dragon's Milk and a lot more too, I think.

(I got Grog recently, too, and it smells amazing though I haven't tested it on me just yet! I think Dorian is in my current order from BPAL, and I'm also going to test my friend's Monster Bait: Closet and Underbed when she gets them with my order, too! Mmm....)

Edited by kunoichi

that contain cake, candy and other foody notes?

I have a 10ml Eat Me on order and some Imps but I wanted to see what I need to try. :P

Thanks , Hollie

Hmmm, there are so many, and I'm sure i'm missing more than a few:

Gluttony:buttercream frosting and hazelnut cakes

Dragons Milk: Strong vanilla frosting/dragons blook (okay, this isn't strictly cake/candy, but i always think of vanila icing when i wear it)

Drink Me: Very sweet foody numminess

Bliss: pure chocolate

Jailbait : smells like cherry lollipops

Jack: really buttery pumpkin spice pie smell. Quite tasty.

Monsterbait Closet and Underpants: both are cakey type scents, though I can never remmber which is which....one is cinnamon/coconut/cocoa cake, and one is blackberry cake. (also LEs, but you can find em around swaps if you're looking)

Midway: cotton candy and other delightful fair yummies (its an LE, though)

I'll add:

The Hamptons-some people described the cranberry note as smelling like Smartees candy

Grog-Rich butterscotch candies with a rummy boozy note

Obatala-Creamy coconut (it smells a little buttercream-y to my nose, even)

Good luck!

PS: I second the Jack recommendation. It smells almost exactly like warm, rich, pumpkin pie :P

Oh Hollie you must try Gluttony.. I forgot about that one. I ordered a 10ml of it last week; it's scrumptious!

And I second (or third or whatever) the recs for Underpants, Closet, Bliss, and Midway.

If I think of others I'll give you a hollar.

Oh and Jack, can't believe I forgot him..

Also..Gingerbread Poppet, Sugar Cookie (was a little too heavy on that cherry/almond note for me), Beaver Moon, Trick or Treat (candy corn), Jailbait, Lump of Coal (straight up brownies, hard to find tho), and Pink Phoenix.

Edited by Midnight Aeval

Perversion is ever-so-slightly foody (coconut/vanilla) on me, but it's very, very mild to my nose.

Of course you must try new scents like Cockaigne and the Candy Butcher. :P

Monster Bait: Underpants is very much vanilla cream goodness. MB: Underbed is the cinnamon/angel food cake one.

Vice is chocolatey, and the Red Queen was very much cherry cordials on me, despite the lack of a chocolate note. 13 is another good sweet one.

Bordello is like a dense, liqueur-soaked almond-plum cake to me.

Um, other than the ones already mentioned, there are a couple more LE's that you might want to keep your eye out for in swaps:

Sugar Skull - depending on the person, this is caramelized sugar, maple syrup, or sugary booze. On my skin, it's mostly the first one.

Midwinter's Eve - this was like red hard candies on me.

:P A large number of the imps from my CT3 decant circle offerings just arrived all cakey and sweet. And I can't wear them - they turn to celery on me!

Somone out there is sobbing for the love of cake, and they are all at my house.

Oh, and I just remembered hellcat: its a rich foody, boozy vanilla/nut scent (hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond).

I also really love Dana O' Shee: its like sweet almond cakes, really gentle and comforting to me.

Edited to add:

Oooh, and elegba (coconut rum butterscotchy smell to me)!

Wrath, if you like spice, is kinda like red hots candy or big red bubble gum (at least to me)

Okay, i'll stop now....really, i will....

Edited by jewelbug

:D :D :D :evil:

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!

I am putting all those scents on my "must try" list.

I already have imps of Monster Bait 1, 2 & 3 and Gingerbread Poppet but I've been eyeing Midway and Beaver Moon too.

I really appreciate the help!!

Thanks, Hollie

:P :D

Perversion is ever-so-slightly foody (coconut/vanilla) on me, but it's very, very mild to my nose.

Perversion smells like a leather-clad, chain-smoking domina accentally sat on a rum cake iced with coconut cream. I love it! However, the leather and smoke really tone down the foody smellies here.

Jester smells like candy to me, as does Swank. Both of those are sweet and fruity, though Swank smells a touch artifical to me.

Midway is fantastic if you can find it, it has a slight burnt edge to it usually, but once you get past that it is a lovely sugary vanilla.

Kunstkammer (also a Carnivale Noir LE) for most people smells like orange candy (or cough medicine).

Dorian isn't exactly straight foody but it definately has a lemony cookie element to it.

Grog is all butterscotch on me, no rum at all.

The Living Flame (LE) to me smelled like liquid red gummy bears until it reached the final drydown, then it was pure incense.

edited to add

Al-Shairan is strongly spicy, looking for another cinnamon/gingery/sweet scent. On my skin, it smells a bit like a spicy gingerbread (it also smells almost exactly like the now gone Three Witches) it also has orange and peach in it, most people got more of those notes than I did.

Edited by Iona

I am planning to merge some threads into a big foody deliciousness thread, so I appreciate your idea, Hollibear. I figured something like Cake, Candy, Cookies and Sweets would cover it - what do you guys think? :P

Try the Monster Bait series. :P I don't get any spice from Cockaigne, so you'll be searching for super-sweet stuff if that's too spicey for you. :D

Try the Monster Bait series. :P I don't get any spice from Cockaigne, so you'll be searching for super-sweet stuff if that's too spicey for you. :D

definitely curious about the monsterbait scents, but i've only seen the full-sized bottles on ebay going for more money than i want to spend on something that i don't know how it smells. (ooh, that was some great grammar, eh?) do you have a favorite of the series? i'd want something that's not fruity, just sweet.

I personally like MB: Closet, but for without fruity Underbed would be your best bet. Or Eat Me, which is not LE and still smells pretty durn foody. :P

Perhaps this thread has already been done; I looked around and found similar topics, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I propose a guide to all things foody. I became interested in BPAL a few months ago and immediately went searching for the most decadent, bakery-fresh scents I could find, and I've had some success, but there's so much I'm missing! I know I'm not the only person fascinated by all things foody, so how about a thread where people specifically talk about their favorite ones? Here are a few categories to start, more categories are certainly welcome, as I'm sure I'm missing some, and I'll list a couple I know & like in each category to get this started:

Bakery:

Drink Me (GC, Mad Tea Party)

Eat Me (GC, Mad Tea Party) - this one is ok, but it's not one of my favorites

Gourmand:

Gluttony (GC, Sin & Salvation)

Hearth 2005 (LE, Yule 2005)

The Candy Butcher (LE, Carnivale Diabolique)

Fruity:

Punkie Night (LE, Halloweenie 2006)

Persephone (GC, Excolo)

Now, these are just some that I've tried & would recommend to other foody lovers. I didn't love Eat Me, but it's worth recommending anyway, because it would probably work a lot better on someone else's skin! I also debated including Snake Oil, which I absolutely adore, but I'm not sure how I'd categorize it, or if I would even place it in "foody" at all.

Some more foodies:

I would place

-Shub-Nigurrath in the bakery

-Vice in the gourmand

-Carnal in the fruity

Vice didn't do too well on me, but Shub was fantastic!

Bakery:

Creepy (LE)

Cockaigne

All Souls 06 (LE)

Saw-Scaled Viper

Fruity:

The Hesperides

Katharina

Bathsheba

Aglaea

Thaleia

Carnal

General Foody/Gourmand:

Haloa (LE)

Shub

13 (10/06 LE)

Candy Butcher

Boomslang

I know I missed about a couple dozen!

Gingerbread Poppet for bakery

Cockaigne is bakery on me, don't know how it is on others though

Just an observation - Haloa isn't foody on me at all. In the bottle, yes, but as soon as it hits my skin all the foodiness goes away.