Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
amunnefret

Unseelie

The wicked, malicious dark side of the Court of Faerie, Unseelie literally translates to ”˜Unholy'. The Unseelie Court is ruled by Titania's corrupted twin sister, the Queen of Air and Darkness. The Court rides the nighttime winds spreading chaos and miscief; woe be to any mortal that crosses its path. A misty, otherworldly scent laced with ethereal florals, crushed herbs and soft, dew-covered grasses.

My initial thoughts were that it was pleasantly sweet, but not something I'd really like to wear myself, rather something to admire on others.

But there's something intoxicating about this one, it just hooks you and draws you in, and before many hours had passed I'd become a complete devotee.

What a mad wonderful scent, full of surprises.

<span style='color:SeaGreen'><span style='font-family:Georgia'>EDIT: Added Lab's description --Shollin</span></span>

First sniff: I wanted Unseelie the moment I saw it on the site, and it’s GORGEOUS. Soft and dark, a hint of flowers but not too floral - night-blooming flowers, maybe.

Wearing: Very powdery and silky. Unfortunately it’s far nicer in the bottle than on me – it seems to dry to baby powder pretty fast.

This smells SO good. With its wet-grasses smell and gentle florals,it reminds me of a night-walk through my favorite old cemetery. The herbal frangrances keep it from being *too* sweet,and the smell lasts all day (or night) long. i'll definitely be ordering a bigger-than-just-a-sample-size of this one : )

Unseelie changes with wear, as all BPALs do; a touch of powder-dusted floral transfigures dried grasses and the slightest hint of something herbal and green.

A light scent with plenty of staying power, I ordered the large bottle of this one after using all of the sample in a five minute orgy of perfume application, wanting this scent to completely envelop me. Absolutely divine.

A lovely, soft, very ethereal floral. The best word to describe it would be "otherworldly". Almost like gossamer in a bottle. Feminine and mysterious, it put me in mind of the fairy folk in "Mists of Avalon".

I received this as a sample in my last order, and will be buying a full bottle with my next. I generally do not care for a lot of florals in my scents, but the blend in this one is a true exception. On me, it mellows into a beautiful, ethereal, slightly malicious (I don't know how else to describe it) scent that becomes slightly less floral and more herbal as it's worn. It's like a gossamer shawl I want to wrap around myself for hours and hours.

I can't pin down any individual notes in this one, just a very posh, beautiful perfume smell. It's very feminine without being girly. It smells very sophisticated, without being flowery, or foody, or musky or anything that I can name at all.

at first: a wonderful garden.

on: this goes on a bit too generic perfume-y for my tastes. what i mean is that it smells to me like a floral perfume i would find anywhere, from department stores to drug stores.

2 hours later: i really love this. it smells subtley of a bunch of different flowers (i think i detect a bit of violet, perhaps.), but also like grass or other greenery.

5 hours later: it's definitely still there, but...maybe a bit to light for my tastes.

overall: a lovely green floral scent. i probably won't buy it again, but i'll definitely use up the imp's ear that i have.

At first I wasn't sure about this one, but 7 hours later, I really like it! It is slightly sweet, but has this wonderful smell that I just can't figure out. It's a nice floral, but rich, not light. A very sexy scent!

Jenny :P

This was the only BPAL scent thus far that I couldn't stand after it had been on a while. I just don't think this is my kind of fragrance. I generally like woody, deep, smoky scents or fruity floral. I got this in a swap and while it wasn't too bad at first, I really didn't care for the drydown.

I like this one bunches... though i gotta be a lil more careful putting these oils on ... you need very very little they are so potent and powerful. Me (and my living room) smells of the most amazing woodsy sweet powderlike scent... its very ethereal with a lace of malice. This one has stayed true on me for hours. Another one on the list for me to buy a nice big bottle of!

On first application - very heady and floral, with an almost buttery smoothness to it.

On drying down - still smooth and buttery, but with a deeper edge coming through the floral - sweet and a little green, hedgerows in early summer maybe.

It doesn't stay long, though - a few hours before reapplication. It's not my normal kind of scent but I think I'm converted.

I love this, especially after a couple of hours wear. At first it was too strong and, yes, 'generic perfume-y', but once it's warmed on my skin it becomes a very soft floral scent, like a warm summer breeze, maybe at night when you get a whiff of a strongly scented night flower?

I can definitely smell lavendar, but softened and mixed with other scents. A perfume you'd wear for yourself, not to seduce or gain confidence or anything like that, just to be able to sniff your wrist every now and then and go 'mmmmm'.

Very lovely, this is on my list of 'buy a bigger bottle'!

Initial Sniff: I would agree with the description of "posh perfume" smell. A wet, juicy floral in the bottle.

Wearing: Um, wow. This quickly goes into uber-baby powder mode on me, which I HATE. :P I go off to work intending to wash it off as soon as I get there. By the time I arrive, though, Unseelie has morphed again, into a gorgeous floral/green scent which I obsessively sniff for the next 10 hours.

Final Impressions: I absolutely love the dry-down stage of this, and its staying power. I just don't know if I can stand the initial hour smelling like Secret Solid. I'll have to try this one again.

Wasnt too sure on this one as it smelled a bit too flowery in the vial. About 5 minutes after I put it on my boyfriend said "Hey, you SMELL good"

Well then. I wish it was a little more sexy, a little more mysterious. Lovely for everyday wearing but I'd go for something with a little more kagasse for evening wear

Polexia is my friend and believe me, her boyfriend doesn't like ANYTHING, which should be testimony enough for this scent.

This could be my favorite BPAL scent so far. It is sophisticated and complex and utterly intoxicating. It does smell a bit powdery on me but not at all baby-powderish, more of a lush woodsy powder with a soft floral kiss. It's definitely more woodsy than floral on me.

Unseelie...should be called Unbelievable because this stuff is phemonomal. It smells of misty woods, dark secrets and pain. Very earthy and floral...probably the most green floral I've smelled in a long time. The herbs prevent the smell from becoming too overpowering. It has a bit of sweetness to it as well...simply put it's one of my top 5 BPAL scents and I most definitely will be buying a bottle of it next order :P

Hmmm. Soap and baby powder. Obviously I need to try this one again, I'm missing stuff.

However, I LOVE soap and baby powder smells and couldn't be happier than to be all about this soft, soft, soft, swooningly gentle scent.

It's hard to describe. A little floral, but it really just makes me think of some sort of floor cleaner. It's definitely wicked. It's not so much clean, just really sharp soap, with lye, that burns. I don't like it.

Got this as a sample with my order.

My first impression from the bottle was a little "eh".

Smelled slightly sharp like warm green appples and herbal/licorice which i didn't like.

The name intrugued me as did other descriptions so I put this on last night after a shower on a whim.

Wow!

The licorice faded away quickly and left a powdery, slightly spicy, warm, green amber scent.

Definately something i would consider getting a 5 ml of.

Unseelie is definitely the right name for this one. It's dark and playful at the same time. It's sweet .. , almost fruity .. like gardenia, maybe? Or possibly jasmine. Wet I was concerned about it. It's a little too sweet for what I usually like (or as I'm learning, -thought- I liked) but as it dried it mellowed really well to something I really enjoyed.

After drying a while this settled to a powdery apple-jasmine-y aroma .. I don't know enough about the notes to pick them out, but that's what it smelled like for me. If a scent could have a color, this one is green. Like a lush, irish-fields green that just calls one home.

this one is SO changeable! Out of the vial, it smells to me exactly like Estee Lauder's "Youth Dew," which my grandmother used to wear -- a super-old-school, posh, classical perfume smell, only it is unmistakably richer and spicier than Youth Dew. And then once I put it on, it is initially very spicy. It quickly dries down, however, to a baby powder or baby powder-scented deoderant smell, although still spicy underneath so it's more complex -- this reminds me of an awesome bath bomb, the softness of the sodium bicarbonate with the sharpness of the flowers and oils inside. I smell jasmine, apple, other things I wish I could name! It's like the smell that hits you when you first walk into a Lush shop, a smell I have never found to be equaled by any 1 product in there before, so I am absolutely thrilled! Powders and soaps and oils and lotions and shampoos, this is chock full of organic essential oil-y goodness. I think I love it, unexpectedly. It's very chaotic on me, powdery and spicy in a less feminine way than Othello -- may even be interesting on a guy. It's really interesting and cool, though, one I can see using as a room scent, a dryer sheet scent, a bath bomb scent, etc.

I like it in the vial, but once it mixes with my bizarre body chemistry it starts to smell, well---MANLY! :P

In fact, with my body chemistry after drydown it smells EXACTLY like Paco Rabanne.