Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A raven-haired Fairy Queen of Ireland. One of her eternal duties dictates that she must hold a midnight court every season and hear the pleas of married Irishwomen. The court serves only to determine whether or not husbands are adequately serving their wife’s sexual needs. A judicious yet powerfully sensual blend, a mingling of justice and sexuality: sage, sweet pea, bold pale musk and warm tonka.

I just don't like sweet pea on me I guess. This is just an attack of floral soap on my skin. Pity because I love the concept. Edited by isisonearth

Oh, sage of my dreams! Tonka! Let us never part. Delicious dark green sage warmed by tonka upon first application, but goes sweet from the pea note after only a few minutes. Kind of soapy, even. D: It starts to smell like a bathroom right after someone gets out of the shower, only slightly powdery as well, but it retains enough sage to keep me interested. Oh, Aeval, you fae thing you. I'm undecided as to whether I'll keep this one.

6.25/10

Given the other notes, this is ultimately surprisingly light and sweet-peaish on me. I was thinking the sweat pea would settle down a bit on dry down and the tonka and sage I was looking for would come out, but instead it just disappears entirely. Poo.

In the imp: It's all sweet pea, all the time in the imp.

On, wet: It reminds me a lot of the B&BW Sweet Pea lotion that I used to love years and years ago. It's such a pink smell.

On, dry: Still very pink and feminine and girly, but not overwhelmingly so because the throw is minimal. I wasn't anticipating liking this, but it's really lovely and warm and comforting.

Soap. From beginning to end...soap.

But for the person who has the right chemistry, this could be really pretty. Unfortunately, that's not me. :(

imp: fresh, sweet sage.

wet: very green. bright sage and sweet pea. this puts me in mind of frsh cut grass and rolling meadows on sunny mornings.

dry: this is light sweet pea and warm tonka once dry, very different from the wet stage but i think i like it even more.

In vial: lots of sweet pea and vanilla-y tonka, reminiscent of The Mouses Long and Sad Tale.

Wet on skin: the sage adds a green note to the sweet pea and vanilla. Very sweet and soft and pale and floral - pretty!

Dry on skin: inoffensive and pretty ... but also a little bland and dull. Sage is coming more to the fore, and I wonder if it will blot out the sweet pea and tonka. Not very musky. Somewhat boring, compared to other BPAL scents!

Hmm this may not be very helpful as I know nothing about how these notes are supposed to smell like. I got this as a free sample from the lovely Tielan. But what I can say is that in the bottle, it scared the hell out of me. It almost stank! But when I tried it, it surprisingly turned beautifully light and green, sweet in a very refreshing way... a pleasant, sweet, green plant with a flower just blossoming, if you will. I keep smelling my wrist every few seconds! I'm surprised at how much I love this as I was terrified to try it before.

Dry: Eh? Slightly... bug spray-ish? Eek! But not badly so, actually. The sweetness is still there and it's still very refreshing.

I was feeling rather sick before I put this on, and this calmed me down immediately. Beautiful.

At first, this smelled exactly like Bath and Body Work's sweet pea scent. Late, the other notes came out to create a more intricate, beautiful scent. Strangely, one of the notes is beginning to smell like rice on me...I like this, but I'm going to do another test. This is also slightly soapy.

EDIT: After a second test, this still smells like B&BW Sweet Pea, very soft and pretty, but far too faint. Swaps it is!

Edited by delighted

Aeval was the third bottle I bought and was an instant love...and then I completely forgot about it. I started getting more imps and crazier bottles and this little sweet pea blend got badly neglected. It's 6 moths later and suddenly it's all I want to wear!

Bottle: Smooth and mellow with cheery sweet pea. Something cool comes in the with sage

Wet: Flash of sage then just sweet pea and that almost vanilla smelling tonka.

Drydown: It's the tonka that keeps the sweet pea from running away with the scent and putting it in soap territory. As it stands, no soap to be found on me :)

Overall: I remember exactly why I loved this scent so much that it needed a bottle right away. It's a very full scent with the different layers working well together. There is something a little bit musky about it, and when that combines with the tonka it complements the sweet pea SO well. It's a sweet flower with a musky, sultry tone to it. I'm so glad I rediscovered this bottle. What an amazing spring and summer scent!

In the bottle I can smell the sage a bit.

On skin, first off, the sweet pea (as last smelled from Mouse's Tale) comes up. A close sniff yields sage and maybe the tonka. From afar the scent is rich and creamy like Mouse's (sweet pea/tonka/musk?). The sage throws a twist. Makes it a little herby, but without beating you over the head. Surprisingly nice!-- In the end, a little heavy on the sweet pea... Not as nice as Mouse's Long & Sad Tale, personally.

Inside the imp, it's sweet peas.

Wet on my skin, sweet pea and sage. A very light, girly scent.

Drying down, I'm catching the musk note and now the tonka as well. Sage fades into background, but sweet pea is still main note on my skin.

In the Bottle:

Sweet, floral and a good balance of musk.

Wet:

Very very floral, strong sweet pea note.

Dry:

Sweet floral with strong sweet pea note. Nicely balanced musk.

Overall:

Long lasting, although scent does become less noticeable. I have a love/hate relationship with musk, and this was a VERY good one. I get absolutely NONE of the sage note though. Aeval is a nice scent that's true to the description, it just isn't anything spectacular. A little too sweetly floral to be a "me" scent.

Huh. To start off, it's a floral. Not a gross jasmine floral (gross to me, at least) but just a nice floral- I guess the sweet pea. The sage keeps it from being too girly in my opinion. But that's about it for a while. The musk lingers around and toys, but isn't a predominant note or anything. It's unremarkable.

Then on the drydown, there's this lapse where it just vanishes entirely.

Yet hours later, the tonka peaks up and I'm left with almost entirely just Tonka (a sweet, spicey, slightly nutty vanilla going on) which I adore. But, to get here was more boring than I'd hoped. As usual, I wake up the next morning with tonka still on my wrist :lol:

I adore this scent. It smells like spring, and I can't wait to wear it when that time of year comes around. It's a perfect mix of a fresh, almost sharp, bright green scent (not getting 'sage' but it's delicious) and a floral that's sweet without smelling like powder. It lifts my mood. Getting a bottle.

:joy:

i thought desdemona was my favorite...

i was mistaken, sir! i loooove sweet pea, which is weird, because the pink, fluffy softness i think of when i wear it doesn't really reflect me at all. i might just like what it does on my skin.

anyway, this is pure love. this sweet pea is defenitely dominant with the sage and tonka providing a nice steady base. if desdemona is fluffy pink cottonballs, this is fluffy pink cottonballs on a sea of young green stalks. It's like desdemona grew up- the same comforting softness with a deeper, more complex undertone.

oh, did i mention i freaking love this? the only way i could love it more is to layer it with.... *eyes an imp of coconut lime on the dresser*

In the imp: Rich, gorgeous, floral. Something elusive and familiar that I can't quite identify.

Wet: Woah sage. It was really harsh on me, almost bitter. Much disappointment.

Later: Fades nicely, eventually...

Later: That's f'ing GORGEOUS.

I loved the dry-down. The sage was still strong, but it mixed perfectly with sweeter undertones, so that it still had a wild element without being overpowering.

Unlike a lot of people who have reviews, I don't think I got much sweet-pea at all. I did notice the jasmine, which is fine by me, because I don't know how I feel about sweet-pea yet but I love jasmine.

A really generous swapper sent me a (well aged!) bottle of this in a package, and I can't for my life remember who it was but I just want to extend an enormous thank you to that person. It's absolutely gorgeous. I hadn't even put it on my GC wishlist but now that I have it, it's not going anywhere. Aeval is an utterly seductive scent--the tonka and white musk come out on me the most, backed by the florals (which emerge as dark and not at all prissy) in a combination that only screams pure sex. Overall, Aeval reminds me of a darker version of ridiculously upscale sunblock and that for me is a very good thing.:heart:

Edited by Invidiana

This is just sage and sweet pea on me... super light and faint. In the imp it has a much stronger pretty floral and pale musk scent with the undertone of tonka. Too bad it fades so quickly because it does start out very pretty.

This smells absolutely wonderful on me. It's a light scent, a blend of mostly sage and sweet pea with a bit of musk; I don't get much tonka out of this. It doesn't have very much throw and the only downside to it being such a light scent is that it doesn't very long, but I don't mind reapplying this. Definitely a bottle purchase in the future.

I got this as a frimp in my last order.

In the bottle: Strawberry Suave shampoo.

Wet on skin: Strawberry Suave shampoo and plastic.

Dry on skin: It's dried down to a very pretty floral. Like when I walk in my garden after a fresh rain and everything is blooming.

Half hour later: Ew! Now it smells like a cat has come along and pooped in my garden. Seriously getting a cat poop smell under all the floral.

An hour later the cat poop has faded away but I don't think this is a scent for me.

:::AEVAL:::

Aeval is nice, mellow, and metaphysical. It wouldn't take much to associate this fragrance with a sense of both security and serenity.

There is something aquatic about Aeval, but it isn't in the fashion of a large body of water, nor is it oriented along the lines of Ozone or rain... If anything, this aqueousness would be more along the lines of impenetrably thick fog or mist; the kind that clings to your arm with tendrils when you attempt to brush it aside.

The Sweet Pea combines with the Tonka and Musk to give Aeval depth and profundity, while the Sage is just enough to give an impression of rolling, roiling verdance.

On the skin, Aeval blooms. This is like an all encompassing silence, an intergalactic vacuum of noiselessness.

Aeval's aquatic also gives off more of a drench, this time with fat orbs of dew studding the waist-high vegetation.

Aeval is a very nice, fresh out of the bath fragrance.

Unisex is a possibility here, but the softness flatters Her.

4/5.