Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Macha

Storm Moon

The Storm Moon marks the darkest portion of the year. A season of long, impenetrable nights and turbulent tempests. A raging, electric and wet scent: slashing rain notes, rolling thunder, and sharp, cold winds layered by a breath of softly wafting lunar incense, a hint of Luna’s blooms, and the brittle herbs of winter.

I hoped for more and was disappointed. I got a bit of the cold air, ozone smell, but it generally smelled like a mix of Preferred Stock cologne and China Rain on me.

I got lots of ozone, but little actual storm scent. :P Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: ozone.

Wet: ozone with a lemony tinge.

Drydown: ozone and citrus! what a surprise. It dried down to something between the smell of rubber and fabric softener, now I understand why people say it smells of freshly dried linen. I think that there is a faint scent of incense, but I didn't smell anything else than slightly sweet ozone, really. Very persistent scent, I can't get it off if I try.

Overall: I might have enjoyed this more if I hadn't tried Thunderbird yesterday. Thunderbird was my first ozone scent, and it's so complex that Storm Moon comes off as extremely simplistic in comparison - I wish the flowers had come out! It's rather pleasant (though I have a bit of a sore throat all of a sudden, and I find myself wondering if it's not the ozone's fault), but tends to smell like a generic brand of men's aftershave or a room deodoriser. Not me, off to swaps.

~ STORM MOON ~

In the bottle: Very aquatic with ozone

Wet: This went on my skin smelling of lemons, ozone, aquatics, and a scent beneath that I associate with all of the Lunar Oils.

Dry down:This morphs quite a bit on the dry down - from the wet scent, to a very lemony scent then to a man's cologne smelling scent. After about 15 minutes this mellows out to a glorious scent that smells quite herbally - like an "Herbal Essence" shampoo but a "blue" version of it - very yummy!

Conclusion: For me, I don't know if I really like this enough to wait so long for it to get right where it's perfect. I want to put on an oil and feel great as soon as I put it on! So, I guess I would have to say, this is something I will swap for...

In the vial: Sweet, faintly soapy clean scent. Like laundry detergent, but in a good way. A fresh scent, whatever notes that might entail.

Wet: Maybe lotus. Definitely something aquatic, and sharp ozone with a hint of something citrusy. It definitely smells stormy.

Dry: It just smells clean. Like fresh out of the shower or dryer clean. There's something a little fruity still buried beneath it. It's pretty, but I don't think I need to hunt down a bottle of this moon.

This is one I hadn't been wearing much, just sniffing my imp every so often but not really engaging with it. I should know better. Skin is the only way to determine if something works or not... so. I finally applied it, and I actually do like it more than I guessed I would.

It's got potent ozone base, of course, but the lunar oils balance this out well for me. It becomes a clean, sweet, rainy scent on me. Very nice. I wear it less than some lunar oils that I'm head-over-heels for (Milk Moon, Chaste Moon) but it's still one I like a lot.

For me 4 out of 5.

In the bottle: There's something very "middle of the night" about this... a warmer, summer kind of night, right after a storm when the air outside is still humid. It's also a little soapy smelling, so we'll see if that goes away or gets stronger when it's on.

On my skin: Wet... soap. Pure, undiluted soap. Shampoo-ish actually. This is not looking good... Dry, it's more flower blossom-y, but still very soapy.

Final Thoughts: Bah. No. And I really wanted to like this one too. In the bottle it was promising... damn you skin chemistry!

bottle:

men's cologne (ozone-y)

wet:

very masculine, ozone-y. does smell like rain.

dry:

as it dries, it gets less masculine, ok there may be a hint of floral… this is a standing in a thunderstorm kissing a hot guy (who's wearing cologne) scent. The drydown is more mellow but I can't get over the feeling that I'm wearing men's cologne.

overall:

smells really good, but really masculine, not an everyday scent. (I'd be all over any guy wearing it though!)

rating: 6/10

Edited by HennaFairy

I received a freebie decant of this with a bottle I won on ebay. Until now, I've never tried any aquatic scents, so I had no expectations or ideas on how it would smell on me.

In the bottle, I got lots of ozone and not much else.

Wet on me, it smelled like the beach does the morning after a big thunderstorm moves up the coast, the sharp, but fresh and clean salty sea air and the smell of rain dampened sand. Very different from what I usually wear, but very interesting.

Sadly, an hour after putting this on, it was completely gone. Guess my skin liked it too much.

But! This scent has definitely moved the aquatics on my wishlist up to the front, so I can try out more (and more easily aquired) aquatic and ozone-y scents.

stormmoon.jpg

Smells just like suntan lotion on the beach. I have always had a hard time with aquatics/ozone...just not my thing. This one is probably the best one of the aquatics I have tried but I find it 'soapy' alas. It is a clean scent and I think it's rather sporty, but I keep on interpreting it as "Tide" or something, so I will have to leave it at that.

The icon shows Katrina the hurricane.

Storm Moon - A friend decanted an imp of Storm Moon for me because she said I had to smell it. It's a lovely smell -- very "perfumey" but in a really pretty way. It's light and ethereal and I definitely sense a bit of electrical zing in it -- the way the sky smells/feels when you can see an electrical storm coming in, but it hasn't arrived yet. Unfortunately, it has absolutely no throw, it stays very close to my skin, and even when I get my nose right up to my wrist, it's still incredibly faint. Then it's completely gone after about 60 minutes. Just like a summer thunderstorm, I s'pose.... No, I won't be tracking down a bottle of this Discontinued Limited Edition for purchase. But I will try to enjoy my imp until it's gone.

It was a Dark and Stormy Moon.

Yes aquatic, but herbal aquatic as if Ida March and King Sport crafted a lovechild. It wouldn't surprise me if the herbs were basil and bay, among others, but Storm Moon is not a "name that component" type of scent.

In the imp: ozone! lightning-bolt ozone and sea-slashed air.

On me, wet: tangy light florals churned by sea-salt and whirling air. Man, I hate trying to describe ozones and aquatics, but this really does evoke waves crashing against a sea barrier and air filled with sea-spray and ozone.

On me, dry: whoa, almost nothing but strong ozone - with maybe a hint of musk? - pure and airy and powerful.

Verdict: I had to try this for the name alone - and man, this is nice. Another one to treasure the imp of, but when it runs out Sea of Glass is only a *little* less ideal as an ozone scent.

Storm Moon-

In Bottle: That...cologne-y smell, not as powerful as some that I dislike, though.

Wet: Lemony cologne.

Dry: That's a pretty aquatic. Not too sharp or eye-watering. As aquatics go, I like it. (Aquatics and I are very conditional.)

Overall: Nice.

In the Imp: Very sharp and clean. The ozone (I assume) note makes for something that smells both electrical and aniseptic.

Wet: Still just a bit too "cleaning fluid" for my tastes. Smells quite a bit like Yankee Candles Clean Cotton scent.

Dry: The ozone and aniseptic smell burns off within 15-20 minutes, and it seems the lunar blooms kick in a bit. Now this is the scent of cool, clear air after a storm with just a hint of faint flowers nearby. About an hour after that it's SOAP ATTACK!!! Shit.

Throw: Not great at first, then when it gets soapy it's very powerful.

Overall: I'm not terribly impressed. For as hard as this scent was to track down and aquire it's really not worth it. Ozone notes just don't seem to work on me very well, they all tend to smell aniseptic, like cleaning fluids or something else I don't want to smell like. And if the final result of every wear of this is going to be CLEAN! SOAP! SMELL! - then thanks, but no thanks.

Rating: +/- (neutral)

Definitely aquatic, but stronger and sharper than most aquatics are on me. Light florals underneath. Overall effect is "really good bubble bath." It's gaining a warmer tone the longer it's on, while still remaining an aquatic.

Storm Moon..how long I have had thee..

It's true..it's been an awfully long time. I mean..I got this bottle late in the game..and have been sitting on it. Why??? Didn't seem the time was right. I knew that alot of people found this particular lunacy hit or miss but I had to get a bottle..the name alone was so freaking seductive..who wouldn't like the imagery conjured up for a stormy lunar evening??? :D Call me romantic but I had to get it.

I have been wearing her all day and here are my thoughts:

Initial sniff from bottle:The first whiff is a tidal wave of ozone....BAM!!! Yep...it's aggressive..but honestly..it's just not offensive to my nose. I have always liked ozone in fragrance and although this doesn't feel feminine or pretty I am digging it. I get a touch of citrus on the bottom but it's all pulsing ozone and yes...I can see people likening this to laundry detergent. I don't..but I can see the parallel to the laundry detergent/mens fragrance just the same.

Applied wet on skin:Ozone, ozone, ozone..with a touch of citrus...if I am sniffing straight off my wrist. Interestingly enough though..after a couple of seconds..I get the lunar oils..yep..they are a bit subdued from the ozone..but after a coulple of seconds they peek through with the ozone..and waft a bit here and there..I can only get the impression of them if Idon't stick my nose near my skin. It's a bit bracing but it's clean and airy and has presence. I do like it very much. My skin does ozone notes better than straight up citrus..somehow citrus can veer to the the Lemon Pledge dark side and the ozone in this blend keeps the citrus note behaving.

Couple of minutes on skin:Ozone is softening a bit..with the lunar oils that lend a touch of mint-like and floral vibe a bit more presence...this feels like a true aquatic..not so much bracing now..but clear...a windswept and rain slashed aquatic..the slight tang of ozone..the faint blush of floral...and all around the edges..a really brief whiff of faint incense..but only if I concentrate really hard..which could all just boil to my imagnation..hard to tell at this point.

Now..I happen to like aquatics very much..and this is no exception. I know..I am probably in the minortiy regarding this lunacy blend..but I really am enjoying it. :P

The lasting power on this is about 5+ hours on me..with the throw soft.

Drydown:Here is where it gets interesting. After some time..the ozone layer fades off..and I am left on my skin is this really very pretty aquatic..gentle clear echo of floral with the touch of lunar oil and this clear smelling almost rain-like note.Underneath all of this is a soft whiff of something herbal..but not medicinal. I could smell it faintly around me at work and kept wondering.."Is this me that smells so good?" :) It didn't resemble the opening and middle of this scent...but it became this really tranquil and gentle aquatic floral.

Bottom Line:Storm Moon is a pleasant surprise for me. I knew that the ozone might be a bit much but I figured I would meet it head on..and it worked wonderfully on me. I can see this as a summer scent..but I actually could wear this in the winter too. This ozone/aquatic/floral really represents the stormy lunar phase accurately..all I need now is a chilly windswept rainsoaked evening to enjoy the olefactory ride all over again. Well done. :D

Edited by metaldog32

This did SO not work on me.

I guess I'll have to officially give up on ozone/aquatic blends. I can't seem to find one that doesn't make me wrinkle my nose when it hits my skin.

An aquatic scent for sure -- it smells watery -- but it also has kind of a dryer sheets cleanness to it, too. Unfortunately it's a little bit sour on my skin for some reason and isn't the deep dark kind of aquatic scent that I like. It smells kind of green, like a floral green, too. Too sour for me.

Bottle: yowch. ozone.

Wet on Skin: Bfff! aquatic and citrus and overpowering.

dry on skin 5 min: Aqua Velva, but in a nice way

Dry on skin, 10 min: watery blue green.....this is a smell that I actually associate with water; I've rarely experienced it in fragrances but once it awhile it's there....and here it is! aquatics for real! cooling and very nice; a little on the masculine side for me but this is definitely not a swap. I'm looking forward to wearing it in the summer.

this smells exactly like the air before a storm. as it dries, i can definitely detect the 'lunar oils' from other lunacy blends, but storm moon is simply too ozone for my tastes. i might hold on to this though, and give it a try in summer weather.

In the vial: I am reminded almost immediately of sitting in a field during a thunderstorm. The Ozone is overwhelming.

On the skin: Ozone... wet, aquatic with a tinge of electricity and a bed of wet flowers in the background looming.

On drydown: ozone and dryer sheets. Seriously. Dryer sheets. Hey, at least I smell clean!

780983324_oRzAJ-Ti.jpg

This was supposed to be my lunar oil for the night, but I couldn't wear it. I put it on, and 5 minutes later was washing it off. It was just too strong a deodorant smell, that dryer sheet smell, that aftershave smell... it burned my eyes, even. :P

In the imp: rather stringent, but not bad. I don't smell any florals, however, only that 'ozone' note that some call 'clean.' It's not my favorite note, but I'm wanting to try all the lunar oils so here I go.

Wet on skin: Very strong right away, so strong my eyes water and a headache starts. I have to wash it off! :D

Dry: Couldn't last for drydown. :D

Verdict: I'm putting this away for another try, but for now this is not good. I'm thinking that ozone notes just aren't going to work for me, because I've tried another couple of blends with that note that didn't work as well (not yet reviewed). Bummer. :)

Edited by stellans

What to say what to say?

Erm...nothing really that someone else hasn't said already.

Very Aquatic, very Ozone. I can smell lemon in here I think, and there's defintately a similar note to Sea of Glass... mixed in with the lunar oils!

It's very fresh, and a few people said it smells like Laundry (Which is a good thing I think).

It's nice, for when you want a quick uplift of freshness!

Edited by ouch!

Yay! I FINALLY got my hands on an imp of this!! (Just one Lunar blend left to try!) WOW! This is strong for an ozone, and much prettier than I imagined.

First impressions: strong, masculine, clean, soapy/floral, rainy ozone, a hint of ice. This is a very true rain smell, and although it goes a little bit fabric softener on me, it's still quite pretty. I can certainly detect some wafting florals floating through, and a sharp ozone with a touch of wintery winds underneath. I'm not a big fan of ozones, but this is really nice, and I think I would like this on my man. It definitely strikes me as a manly scent.

This is strong for a lunar blend, and has quite a bit of throw upon application. I'm so excited I got the opportunity to try the elusive Storm Moon!!