Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quimerula

Peach, Peach Blossom, Apricot, Nectarines

Imp is great for peach, light fruits. I do not pick up patchouli in thsi blend. My all time fave for apricot is Depraved, but it's also a HEAVY patchouli scent. It's half apricot and half big, thick, yummy patchouli. If you are into the patchouli, you must check out Depraved. And it ages amazingly.

I know I have already complained upthread. Peaches, apricots and nectarines are not usually my best friends in a blend - but when they do work I am always so excited :P They always smell so good in the bottle, my skin just seems to amp them quite often and I end up disappointed. But I have had some good experiences since I last posted so I thought I'd share.

Since this thread was last bumped before the Ladies of the Grindhouse made their debut, I have to shill Marcilla and Eisheth Zenunim first :D Anyone who's a fan of these fruit notes and hasn't tried these two blends needs to get a move on before the carnival leaves! Marcilla is sweet and crisp, I get lots of green tea, a honeyish note from the beeswax that blends very nicely with the nectarine, and sweet florals (I love lilac and all lilies). EZ is rich and decadent. Combining peach with patchouli helps me wear the peach note (The Ecstasy of True Love is a favorite of mine) and it's yummy here, the cocoa and honey are nice complements to the peach and help it offset the earthy patchouli.

Hony Mone turned out gorgeous for me, the apricot accepts a role as a backup singer and just seems to add a hint of fruitiness to the honey and cocoa - it ultimately is a honey-cocoa-jasmine trio on me, which sounds odd but smells fantastic. Haloes has more of an apricot note and it stays very true. I think the dry and woody notes (tonka, oak, sandalwood) ground it and keep it from getting cloying &/or dominant on me. I wish Haloes lasted longer on my skin, though, for some reason my skin absolutely drinks it.

No one has mentioned Hone Mone, which is white chocolatey apricots and figs to me with dollops of honey.

Oh my, that sounds amazing. :P

Bumping this thread for Philommeides, from Lupercalia 2009. The first note listed is Peach wine, and it's almost a single note peach on me. Very light and refreshing.

Ironically after trying Philomedes, Marcilla, Eisheth...even tamora...the perfect peach scent for me has be AGLAEA!!!! :wub2:

Also from recent updates, Manners Among Men and Women in the Red Light District is all about the apricot! It smells like I want to eat it...

I just want to give props to Les Bijoux. I got this as a frimp in my last lab order (how did they know I'd love it so much?) and I wasn't sure if I would like it because of the frankincense, but it smelled like tart peaches with a hint of orange. It's very pretty if you're looking for an unsweet but still fruity peach scent. :wub2:

Fae is still my favorite for peach, but I haven't tried most of the recommendations in this thread so who knows?

I'm by no means a lover of fruity scents but I love Depraved. The filthy patchouli balances it out and keeps it from becoming one big juicy apricot. I think it's one of the sexiest scents ever.

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned Belle Vinu from Marchen. The listed notes are: Red sandalwood, vanilla, rosewood, osmanthus, and white peach.

To me it's got a very strong fresh peach smell, but somehow not in a really foody way. And I find it very, very addictive :)

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned Belle Vinu from Marchen. The listed notes are: Red sandalwood, vanilla, rosewood, osmanthus, and white peach.

To me it's got a very strong fresh peach smell, but somehow not in a really foody way. And I find it very, very addictive :)

Oooooo, I agree with Belle Vinu - it's lovely and NOT FOODY. It's just really pretty & nice. Like an ACTUAL peach, not like peach-scented something.

next to the Gaolers Daughter, Marcilla and March Hare I found that Symmakhia is also very much something like them :P

I just want to give props to Les Bijoux.

I do like frankincense and I love Les Bijoux too. It's a lovely warm peach that's not candylike, a little more sophisticated. If you're mainly after peach you may want to stick to fresh bottles/imps, because aging brings out the honey, resin and musk (I like it aged). Making it into an eau de toilette with alcohol brings out the fruity too.

Edited by odalisque

For what it's worth, Cup of Death was single note, juicy lovely fresh peaches on me.

Cup of Death? I don't remember a BPAL called that... Unless it's a Salon, I lose track of those, especially the retail exclusives since they are so hard to obtain.

It's a regular Salon. I think it's in Exhibit II, if memory doesn't fail me.

It is! I'm trying out my favorites from the Salon II imp pack (narrowing down to which ones I will get as bottles), and The Cup of Death is super peachy. To me, it's sort of a dry, herbal peach, very fragrant and pretty. Here are the notes: "Peach blossom and peach tree leaf, Mysore sandalwood, French lavender, bois du rose, myrtle, and blue yarrow." Though it might not sound like it, it's extremely peachy. I can't even pick out other notes. Might be the first blend with lavender I can actually wear. For those of you who are obsessed with peach, this one might be worth getting unsniffed.

EZ is rich and decadent.

How funny. My impression of Eisheth (and oh do I love her) is that she's sweet, but essentially fresh and light, one I'm more likely to reach for in warm weather than in the winter.

I have imps of both Algaea and Katharina,does anyone know how simliar Josie (one of the girls from the new orleans scents) is to either of those?

I was just going to say - Woah! No one's mentioned Josie?? (possibly my new favorite, and definitely the first oil I've gotten and gone "WOW! PEACHES!!")

Unfortunately, London, I've never smelled Algaea or Katharina, so I can't say how it compares to those two.

However, Josie is lovely, succulent, fresh, ripe, southern peaches. I only get a little drizzle of honey, just to amp the sweetness. But the Magnolia is a major contender and needs to be considered. If you are iffy or are not that fond of Magnolia, I think Josie would not be a good idea. I love Magnolia (reminds me of home) and Josie is very well balanced so I adore it absolutely!

Tamora is my favorite peach, but Aglaea, especially aged, is amazing. I highly recommend getting some and forgetting about it for at least a year.

Spring is here and I've a yen for peach blossom scents - any recommendations? I have Tamora, which is beautiful and I wear it a lot but on me it's more of a sultry summer evening - there's something emphatically (and appropriately for its namesake) not innocent about it! I'd really like a purer, fresher type of peachblossom I can wear during the day, but i'll try anything that promises the note I crave!

fae - White musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

it might not sound like it from the notes, but it smells just like warm peach blossoms to my nose.

I like Marquise de Merteuil a lot (galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver). I don't smell much vetiver at all, and I would definitely say this is a "daytime" scent. Belle Vinu is also very nice (red sandalwood, vanilla, rosewood, osmanthus, and white peach), as is The Cup of Death (peach blossom and peach tree leaf, Mysore sandalwood, French lavender, bois du rose, myrtle, and blue yarrow). The other peachy scents I haven't tried yet, so I'm not sure how they are, but these three are lovely.