Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quimerula

Peach, Peach Blossom, Apricot, Nectarines

I've tried Katharina, March Hare, and Grand Guignol, and Katharina is the nicest Apricot scent out of those.

If you want sweet and tasty peach, go with Aglaea. If you want a harvesty peach, go with Jack.

Fae was very light on me and I could barely smell is. Tamora is nice too, but it's much more complex than just peach blossom. I recently tried Algea and with my body chemistry, the peach wine note was very prominent. Plus it had good throw and lasting power.

Titania and Fae are both lovely, but my favorite peachy scent is Marquise de Merteuil. Don't be afraid of the vetiver -- my skin amps vetiver like crazy and I loathe it, but it's really not present here, except in some magical invisible way that makes the whole thing more potent. This is a sophisticated and beautiful blend. witch.gif

I've bought several bottles of apricot or peach based BPAL's over the years and, while I found most to be perfectly nice, I have ended up swapping all of them away as I didn't seem to reach for them. But right now, with summer coming to Australia, I am on a huge apricot/peach kick and I think I need some of these babies back. Off the top of my head I remember liking March Hare, Yerevan, Fae and Imp. I didn't really like Katherina or Tamora because they were far from a fresh fruit interpretation. I was iffy about Depraved but now I'm ordering a bottle because it reminds me of my beloved Mitsouko by Guerlain.

So what are your favorite peach/apricot BPAL's and why?

Thanks, lookingglass! I'm definitely getting a bottle of Fae!

And... ooops! I just found a thread with the same topic! Sorry mods, please close this one.

No problem, Mrs. Black - I just merged them so it will be bumped to the front page and you may get some new suggestions. :P

My favorite apricot scent is Yerevan, did I mention that already? Carnival Diabolique also smells gorgeous in the imp but does awful things on my skin. Worth a shot though, if you're looking for apricot. Peach, on the other hand, smells like body odor to me so I can't help you with that one.

Butterscotch, it's under Excolo, in "THE GRATIÆ" section, near the bottom of the page. Hope that helps!

I think I've tried most of the Peach scents.... and some of the apricot ones.

So far, I throw my hat in for Fae. Juicy, spicy peach and a bit floral. Quite nice.

My two runner ups would be Aglaea (peach wine) and Tamora (starts out peachy and then changes to a warm floral).

I haven't had much luck with the apricot scents, sadly.

I've seen a lot about peach and apricot, but what about the nectarines? I think they are delicious. I am waiting for a decant of the Shunga blends for Ebisu, which contains nectarine..other than that, I think it is down to Croquet?

Algaea smelled oddly on me-- a bit bitter, like an herbal tea that has steeped too long or like tasting ink.

Fae had a weird baby wipes note, as did Katharina:( The clove in March Hare put me off. I know I have tried Yerevan, but I don't remember what I thought--I swapped it away, though, so....

I love Imp but am self-conscious about wearing it out, because it is so patchouli on me, but smells great--it's the best possible of patchouli: pretty, earthy, sexy. Depraved smelled awful on me--the worst patchouli scent.

so, what's next on my peach quest....

I am confused about references to Siren, as it doesn't seem to have any peach/ apricot notes. Other than that...Tamora?

ETA: I forgot another nectarine love: Angeronalia :P

Edited by willowtreeling

Willowtreeling, peach and apricot are extremely iffy on me (the only blends w/peach I can wear are Titania, Snow Angel, Aglaea & The Ecstasy of True Love, and just forget the apricot! Siren does have apricot listed in the notes and trust me, it reared its hideous orange face to mock me when I tried it.)

But nectarine has been a pleasant surprise! Angeronalia was a winner from Yule for me too. I really like Ebisu and it's on my list of bottles I need to pick up before Lupercalia evaporates. The combination of sweet nectarine with the earthy oakmoss and the light, warm musk is really pretty, all three notes balance each other very nicely. I love Croquet too, again the light musk seems to be a really good companion for the nectarine and the citrus notes keep it from being too sweet.

There's nectarine in Butterflies and Plovers, too, but that one wasn't great on me - I think it could be the ylang ylang, which can go either way on my skin. (The notes are blood orange, King mandarin, nectarine, patchouli, violet, ylang ylang, and amber.)

Willowtreeling, peach and apricot are extremely iffy on me (the only blends w/peach I can wear are Titania, Snow Angel, Aglaea & The Ecstasy of True Love, and just forget the apricot! Siren does have apricot listed in the notes and trust me, it reared its hideous orange face to mock me when I tried it.)

But nectarine has been a pleasant surprise! Angeronalia was a winner from Yule for me too. I really like Ebisu and it's on my list of bottles I need to pick up before Lupercalia evaporates. The combination of sweet nectarine with the earthy oakmoss and the light, warm musk is really pretty, all three notes balance each other very nicely. I love Croquet too, again the light musk seems to be a really good companion for the nectarine and the citrus notes keep it from being too sweet.

There's nectarine in Butterflies and Plovers, too, but that one wasn't great on me - I think it could be the ylang ylang, which can go either way on my skin. (The notes are blood orange, King mandarin, nectarine, patchouli, violet, ylang ylang, and amber.)

i am happy i have a decant of Ebisu coming:) I hope I get it in time! If not, I might order it anyways, and hope that I can swap it or something. I was iffy to try Butterfies, but I think I have a decant of that coming as well...

Nectarines have a special place in my heart--the house where I spent the first six years of my life had a nectarine tree and I have some early memories of eating them in the hot sun:)

No one has mentioned Hone Mone, which is white chocolatey apricots and figs to me with dollops of honey.

I also second (third, forth, fifth, whatever!) Titania, Tamora, Fae, Marquise de Mertuile and Thalia. YUM

Grand Guignol smells like apricot brandy--if you don't mind smelling like a wino. :P

Just going to add my support for Katharina as one of the all time best apricot blends out there. I love it. I also really love Yerevan, and it is in a completely different category to me than Katharina is.

For what it's worth, Cup of Death was single note, juicy lovely fresh peaches on me.

Cup of Death? I don't remember a BPAL called that... Unless it's a Salon, I lose track of those, especially the retail exclusives since they are so hard to obtain.

For what it's worth, Cup of Death was single note, juicy lovely fresh peaches on me.

Cup of Death? I don't remember a BPAL called that... Unless it's a Salon, I lose track of those, especially the retail exclusives since they are so hard to obtain.

It's a regular Salon. I think it's in Exhibit II, if memory doesn't fail me.

I want to give a shout out to Ebisu in this one - for me it's a peach and nectarine having sex on the beach. Light, peachy and dead dead sexy.

La Vague is a soft, sweet summery peach. Like the scent of fresh peaches wafting in on a warm breeze. It's amazing.