Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
morriganswitch

Yankee Candle to BPAL

Gluttony smells very similar to Harvest to my nose.

There also used to be a Yankee scent called "Chocolate Truffle" that was very similar to Bliss, but I just looked at their site and apparently it's been discontinued. :P

Sea of Glass and lightning -- and my brain's not working -- there's a third BPAL -- all smell similar to Yankee's Stormwatch scent. :P

If you can find the discontinued YC scent Autumn Lodge (I got it on Ebay)...it smells like Samhain!!! :P I am *hoarding* that one.

I just got a YC catalogue in the mail with a 'new' "Autumn Leaves" scent...I have never smelled Samhain or Autumn Lodge, but this is available now and may smell like it. (???) One can always hope, right?

Sea of Glass and lightning -- and my brain's not working -- there's a third BPAL -- all smell similar to Yankee's Stormwatch scent. :D

OOOOO My brother would LOOOOVE that!!! Thanks for the tip!

(PS Stormwatch has been discontinued and is the only candle my brother really loves and covets! What he doesn't know is that I bought him 2 EXTRA candles that I am hoarding until his all run out and they are no longer available in the store...then VOILA! Surprise for brother!!!)

I just got a YC catalogue in the mail with a 'new' "Autumn Leaves" scent...I have never smelled Samhain or Autumn Lodge, but this is available now and may smell like it. (???) One can always hope, right?

Alas, it's not the same. It *is* a good one; I already bought a jar. It's delightfully autumnal, but not Samhain.

My favorite Yankee scent is Midsummer's Night. Are there any BPALs that smell similar?

Hmmm, nothing comes to mind right away, but to me, Midsummer's Night smells strongly of an Oakmoss essential oil that I've tried. Maybe try some of the BPAL's oakmoss containing blends?

My favorite Yankee scent is Midsummer's Night. Are there any BPALs that smell similar?

Midsummer's Night is actually based off of Drakkar (I used to work for Yankee). The closest thing to that in BPAL, and better in my opinion, is Vicomte de Valmont. My boy even will wear it, and he won't wear anything other than his tried and true store bought colognes.

Hope that helps, Midsummer's Night is my favorite candle also :P

Midsummer's Night is actually based off of Drakkar (I used to work for Yankee). T

I learn something new every day....Here are the notes for drakkar:

Drakkar Noir: top fragrance notes: bergamot, lemon and rosemary. The middle notes are: basil, amber and patchouli and the base of the fragrance is: cedarwood, leather and sandalwood.

Not a bit of oakmoss listed. But i swear it smelled like that oakmoss EO to me. I'm a nutter! :P

Witch's Brew, a Halloween scented YC I saw today smells a lot like Doc Buzzard (at least to my nose)! Mmmm :P

oh wow!! thanks for this recommendation :D

Ooo, I love Midsummer's Night!!!

Comparison:

Drakkar: bergamot, lemon and rosemary...basil, amber and patchouli...cedarwood, leather and sandalwood.

Vicomte: Based on an 18th century gentlemen's cologne: ambergris, white musk, white sandalwood, Spanish Moss, orange blossom, three mints, jasmine, rose geranium and a spike of rosemary.

So the sandalwood and rosemary overlap...as usual, BPAL has far more awesome stuff in it! :P

I've got a bit of an old Autumn Lodge stash & I find it similar to Samhain (at least the 2005 version), although I find that Samhain has many more nuances on my skin. At a recent visit to a YC shop, I didn't find any of their autumn scents to have that je nais c'est quoi of Autumn Lodge - that combination of sweet spicy smells and burning leaves that my nose picks up.

Ha! I knew Midsummer's Night smelled like Drakkar. I call it my 'boy smell'. Whenever someone comes over (i have the air freshener in the den) someone says 'it.. it...it smells like...like' BOY! My apartment of 2 girls smells like a hot sexy man lives there. Just the way I like it.

Ehem. Anyhow, I've never actually 'smelled' the bergamot or verbena in Drakkar. For me, Vicomte has a blatant undertone of the lemon scent. I have yet to find something from BPAL that smells like Drakkar. But then again, I wasn't really looking... since I have a bottle of Drak lying around for emergencies. =X

Ever since I got a Tea and Honey candle I've been dying to find a fragrance - BPAL or other - that matches it. It's a very strong earl grey tea with lots of lemon and a hint of honey underneath.

I'm no help at all, but this topic is fabulous! I'm also ISO a Midsummer's Night/Drakkar scent. I'll try Vicomte. Thanks guys!

I really miss working at a YC, the discount was awesome. :P

All I could ever smell out of the midsummer night was the patchouli, though. Loving this thread because that's my dad's favorite scent and I was looking into a few imps to get him.

My all time favorite YC scent is autumn wreath. Dunno if that's a scent I could really wear though..

ditto on the "Vicomte" /Drakaar thing. My dad used to wear Drakaar (which kind of freaks me out because I really love that scent, and fell in love *before* dad started wearing it, so no freudian funny business here!)

and when I had him smell Vicomte, the first words out of his mouth were "Smells like Drakaar". In fact, I gave him my imp of Vicomte cause my boy ain't gonna wear it.

When fall's over I'm putting my yankee MidSummer Night's dream tarts out. :P

Ever since I got a Tea and Honey candle I've been dying to find a fragrance - BPAL or other - that matches it. It's a very strong earl grey tea with lots of lemon and a hint of honey underneath.

Have you tried Severin? Totally Earl Grey. Don't let the leather scare you off. I should add that I've never smellt the candle.

Off topic for a second. I smelled Midsummer's night yesterday in the Yankee store and thought it smelled awful. Does it smell different burning or in a wax tart than it does to sniff the lid of the candle?

slightly OT but did anyone receive the new YC brochure???

omG~~

the halloweenie scents are too yummy ....a patchouli one to die for and a couple other foody ones...

they have quirky names too but i don't have them in front of me right now...

and the most adorable tart burners and...so festive =-))

Edited by sookster

slightly OT but did anyone receive the new YC brochure???

omG~~

the halloweenie scents are too yummy ....a patchouli one to die for and a couple other foody ones...

they have quirky names too but i don't have them in front of me right now...

and the most adorable tart burners and...so festive =-))

I just ordered a brochure from the site, as I've been on the lookout for the new Halloween scents. I've seen a couple of things appear on Ebay UK, such as the Haunted House tart warmer. Normally, Yankee burners are too kitsch for me, but I love this one!

I adore Autumn Leaves from YC. When autumn comes around I go and hoard this like crazy! The Car gels, tarts, votives etc etc etc. Smells to me kist like Autumn. Now...if I could find a BPAL that smells just like it? I'm all over it!