Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
morriganswitch

Yankee Candle to BPAL

Oddly, I keep noting a strange similarly between Yankee Candle's Autumn and The Jersey Devil. Both have what smells like fir and cranberry notes to me.

I'm bringing this back to ask about the Midsummer's Night candles. My mother adores the smell of them (and I'm seriously trying to get her addicted to BPAL), so I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for similar scents. I've never smelled the candle, but I've read comparisons to Drakkar Noir (which I've never smelled, either). I'm almost positive I saw someone recommend Vicomte de Valmont as similar to both the candle and Drakkar Noir, so I'm going to dig out my imp of that to pass on to my mom, but are there any others that y'all can think of?

Is there a BPAL (preferably one available now as an imp) which smells like the YC 'clean cotton'? I've already tried most of the scents associated with clean, fresh laundry. {Dirty, Sea of Glass, Pool of Tears, Ehecatl, Tavern of Hell, Embalming Fluid, Hurricane, Lightning, White Rabbit}

THREAD NECROMANCY!

(But hey, admins. At least I didn't start a new one, right?!?)

So, lately I've been completely and utterly in love with Yankee Candle's jar scent, "Napa Valley Sun", which is unfortunately all sold out! Their site lists the notes as:

Fragrance Notes:

Top: Ozone, Fresh Cream
Mid: Musk, Rose, Jasmine
Base: Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood

On the one hand, I'm not at all surprised I love it -- musk, cream, vanilla, patchouli, sandalwood. Those are all pretty much my jam. But ozone? Not really my thing. Rose?! DEATH NOTE. I never, ever thought I'd love something with rose in it.

Does anyone have recommendations for a BPAL that smells pretty much the same?