Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

SO GOOD.
Something about this blend reminds me of Black Lace, but it could just be that I got it simultaneously in a swap with a 1/2 decant of BL from a sweet forumite. The white musk and oakmoss provide a smooth bed and soft coverlet for the sweetness of the peach, and the heliotrope is an extra sparkly brightness. I don't notice bergamot in and of itself, but the whole effect blended together is of refreshing loveliness. Not much morphing, just lovely sweetness.

I like this one a lot.

WTF? Peach and Liquorice?!!! Really, as soon as it hits my skin, that's what I smell!

After 10 minutes I get Peach Candy, (very light) Musk and Liquorice. Definitely liquorice and not bergamot or oakmoss.

Actually, this is odd but rather good - I'm wearing a bit too much at the moment so it's a little overwhelming, but if I can control my application then I can see myself wearing this out. Assuming my imp doesn't settle down into something slightly more mainstream as it ages, it is definitely a unique and interesting scent - if I met someone wearing this, I would want to find out more about them...

So I got to try this one a while ago courtesy of a friend, and I remember loving it, but I never wrote a real review for it. But now that I have an imp of my own, here goes:

IN THE IMP: Mmm, sweet, slightly sparkly peach! Soft white musk?

WET: It's slightly more tart than before; I'm guessing part of it is because of the bergamot. A bright, sparkly, fresh peach with some soft musk. This is so lovely.

DRY: Thank God it's just as good as I remember it being. This is such a delicious peach scent. Like a brighter, cuter, more enthusiastic younger sister of Tamora. I might even end up liking this more than Tamora!

In the imp: Definitely sweet peach. I smell some green herb and white musk.

Wet: Light and sweet. Smells like something from the land of faerie. It's pretty.

Dry: All white musk. Nothing else.

Overall: For how light it is, it has very good throw, and it lasts a long time. But I don't like musk so I'll finish the imp, but no bottle for me.

I'm finding out that the fruity scents rarely go over well on my skin. :P This is such an amazing fresh peach/herbal smell in the imp, but when it touches me it amps the peach straight into cough syruply sweet territory. *glares at skin in baleful fashion*

In the imp, it is a lightly floral peach scent.

Wet on the skin, it's peaches and musk with a hint of floral. Definitely a happy scent and I agree it reminds me of summer. :P

i've forever steered clear of this one because of the peach, but the lab wouldn't let me and sent me a frimp. it's a pretty springtime scent, with the peach, heliotrope and white musk at the forefront. it's very light and pretty and innocuous. i've always been anti-fruity perfumes for myself, but lately i am digging them for some reason, so i kind of like this! not sure if i will keep it, since i don't know if i would wear it a lot.

This one is a nice, feminine, clean, fruity, sweet-but-not-even-vaguely-cloying scent. It's not "me," per se, but it's quite pleasant to smell and deserves far more love than it gets.

The peach is neither fake, nor is it overpowering. It's altogether very well balance and simply smells like a lightly floral sweetness. Very apropos of a summer morning, before it's too hot, but with everything verdant and vibrant.

This is definitely bright, bubbly and ethereal! It's all white musk and peach and it's just fascinatingly effervescent. Very feminine and sweet but not cloying. It has a lot of throw and staying power, which kind of surprised me as I figured it would be one of those that fades fast but that's not the case. It's playful and giggly, would be nice for spring. I don't get any of the bergamot or oakmoss at all, at least not at this point in it's wear!

When I first got Fae more than a year ago, I couldn't stand it. Honestly, I took a whiff of it and thought it smelled like black licorice (I hate black licorice). I didn't touch it again.

But today I decided to give it another try. And guess what?

I'm in love. It still smells a little like black licorice, but I do smell the shimmery sparkly peach there. It's gorgeous and feminine and it makes me giddy. It smells so good on me I don't really know what to do with myself.

Yup. There you go.

In the imp, this smelled promising. As soon as it hit my skin, it was all downhill. I could definitely pick out the peach, bergamot, heliotrope, and oakmoss when it was wet. My skin quickly amped up the sweetness, and the peach scent began to go awry. As it dried down it turned into a vaguely powdery, sweet and sour kind of smell, with too-strong bergamot and synthetic-smelling peach. The oakmoss was a nice note, but it couldn't save the overall scent. The throw was dramatic, but I don't know about the lasting power: I had to wash it off after an hour. Nice in theory, but didn't jive with my skin.

In imp - Warm, slightly foody. A hint of fruit.

On skin - Some florals come out overall same as in the imp.

Drydown - powdered floral.

Overall - Pretty, but not my type of scent.

Nice.

In the imp, I detect powdery sugar, sweet fruit, and golden musky florals.

Wet, the golden florals linger for a bit (I'm guessing it's the heliotrope?) and then the peach starts peeking out in earnest.

Dry, it's sweet, a bit musky and a bit floral. Mostly peach, but complex enough to keep me interested. Definitely a light, golden scent. On me, this is almost indistinguishable from Tamora, but peachier.

On me, Fae is very sweet, with a touch of underlying rot -- a little peach, a little floral, a tiny touch of hesitant citrussy sparkle, and then a lot of goo. It's like a peach that's gone bad. I like the scent of the imp, but it's not one I can wear, and it only gets worse as it dries and the oakmoss takes over.

Passing along~ passing along~

The first moment I smelled this in the imp, I knew it'd be 5ml worthy.

It starts off sweet & yet sharp at the same time, almost like anise or licorice (is it oakmoss? bergamot + oakmoss? I have no idea! I just love it!), then dries down into a light, faintly sweet peach touched with all of these other notes keeping it interesting. The oakmoss/bergamot thing keeps it summery, fresh and sparkling.

It's utterly beautiful, like twilight on a summer's night in an enchanted forest. Most certainly fae.

:wub2:

Edited by obsidienne

The Lab seems to be frimping me lots of peaches lately. Hrm!

In the imp: Peach and bergamot, with an undercurrent of something dusty.

Wet on skin: The peach immediately gets a little softer, and the bergamot comes out more. I'm not really getting musk yet, but the dusty thing, though it's still faint, is clarifying itself as oakmoss.

Drydown: Freshly dry, the balance has tipped in favor of peach again, with the bergamot almost out of the picture. Ahh, citrus, you fall back to your old stealthy ways! I think a bit of musk might be sticking out now, and the oakmoss is a very soft grounding thing. An hour later, the peach has also softened, but it's still there, balanced with musk and moss.

Five hours later: Pretty much everything fruity has faded into the far background, or has disappeared entirely. The main thing going on right now is faint musk with a light dust of mossiness. Not very strong.

End of the day: Gone.

Overall: To my nose, Fae is a very close relative of Imp, what with the peach, musk, and some earthy grounding note. Fae is the lighter and more ethereal of the two, which makes perfect sense, considering the sort of mystical forest quality of moss versus the dirty troublemaking quality of patchouli. That said, I'm honestly not sure which one I prefer, though I think they both smell quite good. I guess I would say Fae is the more refined of the two, and possibly the more feminine. As with Imp, I'm not sure if it's something I'd really wear much, even though I enjoy the scent.

In the imp: sweet, fruity, warm--peaches and bergamot.

Wet on skin: peaches, flowers, and something woodsy (the oakmoss?).

Dry on skin: musky florals and something pleasantly woodsy with the peach lingering lightly in the background, a very calming scent for me. When I went out into the cold this morning, the oakmoss really stood out to me--felt like I was bringing a forest with me. Now that I'm back indoors, the airiness of the musk is more obvious again.

I'm only three hours into the wear, so I can't judge lasting strength yet, but I hope it sticks around. I really love the way I smell today. It's quite uplifting, really ... and very worthy of its name.

EDIT: Okay, nearing the end of the work day now, and I think the scent has mostly faded in the past hour or two--so I'd say it has a pretty decent lasting time.

Edited by MasquedRabbit

Some kind forumite sent me a couple of drops of this to try. It really wasn't what I was expecting. The peach was tempered by the musk and oakmoss quite nicely. It had a very golden vibe, but it wasn't overly girly. Nice, and incredibly well-rounded, but not something I would reach for very often, so I passed it on. It's a very cheery blend.

Imp: Mmm! Candy!

Wet: Very soft and pretty. This is what I was hoping for with Belle Vinu but didn't get

Drydown: Stays much the same. Soft and peachy with a nice candy scent. Where Belle Vinu is powdery with sandlewood on me, this stays pretty creamy.

Overall: Winner! I've been looking for a nice, peachy sweet scent and I finally found it. Dunno about getting a bottle, but the imp's staying right here :)

imp: peach and heliotrope, sort of like a lighter version of tamora.

wet: beautiful! the peach is shiny, sort of like a nice fizzy peach drink.

dry: soft peach and bergamot. pretty.

In Imp: Heavily floral with hints of oakmoss that make this scent smell really green and a little bit woody in the imp. I get a faint whiff of peaches now and then.

On Skin: After the initial rush of florals the peach comes out and dominates turning into this soft and creamy peach scent backed by faint traces of florals. My God, this smells divine. It's like a ripe and warm peach.

Dry Down: Fae lasts around five hours on me. After a while the peach fades a bit but still remains the dominant scent. This is a really comforting smell. Also, it makes me feel pretty. :lol: I definitely have to get a big bottle of this one.

In the imp: a spicy, slightly musky fruit. Strange, but lovely.

On me: The spicy note goes away, and the musk gets lighter. I get more green notes than fruit and while lovely, isn't really something I see myself wearing much.

Overall: a good, clean scent that would be nice in hotter weather. I might just keep it to try again in the summer.

*cough* So. much. fruity. musk.

Cloying. I made the mistake of somehow getting some oil on less than perfectly clean hair and I paid and paid and paid for that clumsiness. It felt like the equivalent of someone putting on patchouli oil to cover up their pot stank, but mine was syrupy sweet instead. And I couldn't get away from myself. (I don't think it bothered anyone else; just me.) Just doesn't mesh with me I guess.