Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Flower Moon 2005

May marks the apex of the year's fertility, expresses the reawakening of the sexuality of the Earth and her inhabitants, and May's full moon celebrates both the fecundity of the creatures and flora of this world and the vibrancy, rejuvenation and life-affirming energy of Spring. Flower Moon embodies the unrestrained bliss, energy and color of the season: a bouquet of vivid, sexy blooms... tulip, daffodil, violet, dewdrop, rhododendron, iris, daisy, and a mix of California wildflowers.

Okay this is prety floral, but there is something else. Almost a citrusy, green crispness. In the bottle it smells pretty floral, almost like ylang-ylang but there is something else there I can't put my name on. There is almost a wet smell to it as it wears down, yes very dewy and floral. Did I mention that it is pretty floral?
On the skin it stays pretty strong on me. A little goes a real long way. I like it but don't love it. I think I may end up swapping one of my bottles because I don't think I will get through two of them.

In the bottle this smells very obviously of flowers but has a nice slightly citrusey (orange?) scent behind that is super nice and part of the reason I picked it up to give it a try.

When its first on I am so pleasantly surprised I normally don't go for florals but so far I am so enjoying this scent. It is a really nice blend of the floral and still the citrus but now it seems slightly more lemony (not in a cleaning product way though).

After a few minutes it still is very nice the floral is lighter with the citrus still there and a very clean and femine feel to it. I really am so happy I got this one because I never would have thought this would have worked so nicely on me. Yeah!

Lilithlefay was kind enough to pass her unwanted bottle on to me.

Lush! I recognise a bouquet of flowers that are found in Danube, Bayou, Beltane and Amsterdam, what I would call succulent, bulby sweet floral notes with a greenish spike.

It's very wet, fresh and vibrant, like a vase full of spring flowers cut just as a downpour starts, raindrops, stems and all.

Oh, how beautiful and gentle this is! For a split second when I applied Flower Moon, I got a quick whiff of baby's skin, which is a little weird since this one is the "mother" one! It's hard for me to distinguish any note in particular on me, just a lovely floral blend that if it were a color, I'd say it was a soft pale purple. Lovely!!

Blends **very nicely** with Milk Moon, too!

Bright, clean florals without a touch of powderiness!

This is another one to use to introduce ( seduce!?)a bpal virgin!

I think I would swoon over this one even more if it had not arrived with milk moon which I LOVE. I have two bottles of beltane which is my to die for floral, so this one will get another test and may make it on the swapping block. Nothing wrong here, a very well blended lovely floral, but I'm not sure I NEED it so It might just move on to one who does.

Hmm.. I'm notoriously not a floral person, but this is actually very nice.

Unfortunately, I'm not super familiar with the scent of many of the flowers in this. I can definitely pick out Tulip, though.

It's not a perfumey floral in the slightest, to me.. which is good, because those are the ones I really dislike (and that give me a massive headache)..

I also agree that it blends fabulously with Milk Moon. I've got one on my wrist and one near my elbow, and halfway between is lovely. :P

however... it tastes like soap.

This is a magnificent scent! I know that a lot of people, myself included, are a little wary of florals. They go powdery or soapy most of the time, for a lot of us, and often induce headaches or sneezing.

But on me, Flower Moon is gorgeous and it is just what I wanted for summertime. The only time that I can really go all out with floral scents is summer, but even then, only a specific kind...ones that smell natural, like walking into a flowered forest or a field dotted with wildflowers, warmed by the sun. That is what I get from this scent. There is nothing in this that makes my nose twitch or my head twinge, there is nothing of soap or powder, just pure glorious fresh sun-warmed wildflowers wafting through the air.

Actually, it most reminds me of Mi-Go Brain Canister without the strong fruity overtones. And while I initially thought that might be because I had been wearing Mi-Go earlier, I tried it again after bathing and that's still my impression. I'm really learning a lot this year about which flowers work on me. The lab does marvellous things with these spring and wild flowers --and I absolutely love them. Mi-Go and Arkham Revisited both have this similar crisp, fresh, inviting field of flowers smell. On the other hand, Beltane struck me as very perfumey...but this does not. This is definitely what I wanted when I was wishing the other day for the scent of flowers to dispel the heat.

When I was a little girl, Heidi was my favourite book in the entire world.

I re-read that book constantly till the pages were worn by my grubby fingers and eventually the cover - then the entire first half of the book - fell off!

There are a few scenes that were so lovely, they've always stayed with me, in particular when Heidi would help tend the goats, with Peter the goatherder.

They'd travel way way up the mountainside and Heidi would lay out in the summer sun-warmed field amidst the adundant alpine wildflowers - bluebells and violets and forget-me-nots and breathe in their crisp, sweet scent.

She attempted to pick a few and take them home to her grandfather's cabin with her because she wanted to smell them all night long...she was so sad when she arrived home to find them all withered and faded.

Flower Moon is exactly the scent that Heidi was trying to take home with her.

I don't think this would make her sad at all :P

Flower Moon is very light in the bottle. Once on it becomes much stronger and the first flowers that come to mind are tulips and daffodils. Floral but a teeny bit of greeness, like the first flowers of spring. After a while some other flower scents creep in but they are not as distinct as the tulip and daffodil I smelled on my initial application. About an hour or so after I put this on it becomes more of a generic floral scent. I may try to blend this with Milk Moon as others have suggested. Not sure if this is a keeper for me yet.

In the bottle: This is a bright blend that isn't overwhelmingly floral, either. It has hints of sweet floral with something green and grass-like. I'm not really good at picking any of the notes in this blend out so this review probably won't be the best. I can detect a little bit of the violet out of the rest of it, though.

Wet: Still a very green floral smell. This reminds me of The Unicorn in that it has a sweet, light, green quality to it. If anything, this is the slightly older sister of the The Unicorn.

Dry down: And now that sweet green notes turns into a slightly sour green note. It's like musty flowers or the smell of an aunt's perfume covered by dust and powder. It's still a nice smell, but it seems a little too old for me. Almost less than fresh if that makes any sense. It's an odd floral combination in that none of the notes can be pulled away from any of the others. And now it's gone really light again. Light and musty. This has that odd sour note in the background. I'm not sure what it is, but I've smelled it before. I think it might be the iris reacting to my skin because other blends with iris haven't worked. This is something of a generic floral on me, and I'm sure it has to do with the fact that my skin does not love all floral notes. It's a very powdery, sour note so it actually might be a problem with my skin and both the violet and the iris.

Dry: Musky slightly powdery almost generic floral on my skin. I was afraid this would happen. Thankfully, I have a numer of lovey floral blends that I get along with so I won't mourn this too much.

In bottle: Tulip, violet, dewdrop, daisies...this is a beautiful spring bouquet. All the loveliest flowers in the world gathered together to be celebrated. There's the green hint of leaves that makes me think of the hills surrounding Santa Clara Valley...in the spring they're bright green from far away, and when you get close up the hills are dotted with thousands of little flowers. This is absolutely gorgeous.

On me: Beautiful - nearly perfect - spring floral. Fallow_deer's description of 'succulent, bulby sweet floral notes with a greenish spike' is dead on.

In the bottle

Floral he he, with a bit of brightness peacking out as maybe citrus or something.

I'm not known to be crazy about florals so this shuld be interesting.

On

Citrus and floral, quite beautiful.

The florals are somewhere in strength between Harvest moon and Beltane. Meaning it's not a really strong floral blend, but it's not a lightweight either.

As it dries it is getting much stronger and now there's something woody underneath, I thought I even smelled cocoa but that can't be right.

As it dries the citrus recedes more then I'd like.

30 minutes

The citrus comes back into view and there is a green note or notes now.

Throw:

more than average

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

It's a bright orangey floral initially.

Then it's more of a green floral.

Then it's an orangey/green/floral.

When it's dry, it's a most gorgeous, bright, summery floral.

Purchase again?

Yes!

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

wow, i was somewhat hesitant to buy this because some florals go so awry on me, but the violet won me over.

in the bottle, man them is some flowers.

wet, strong, floral, has quite some throw

as it dries it matures a bit, i wish i could sit and pick each individual note, but i can't it is excellently blended, like being in a greenhouse full of beautiful blooms, that sticky sweet flowery smell that as you leave a green house clings damply to your skin. this works on me so well i actually am a bit amazed. i am very glad i have this one.

I love this moon! This reminds me a little of Venice, all those flowers. While Venice has currant, this is smoother. I dont know, all I know is this is a beautiful floral, and I will cherish this bottle until it's done! :P

Ooooh...

Wet: nice spring green floral blend, tulips, and maybe something else familiar (maybe the rhodendendron, my folks had those when I was a kid) stand out in it.

Drying: similar, but there's an odd burnt scent that reminds me of the nair I used when I was 14. Oh this is not promising.

Dry: ok, the Nair is gone, that much is good. It wound up being, light, pretty similar to Amsterdam. But way too light for me. Either my skin eats it or maybe I just don't do light blends.

Mmm a bouquet of wildflowers after a midday walk around the wetlands of California. Its sunny, reminds me of Poppys and sunshine. True to its name, its floral but not overpowering, a soft and strong bouquet. Lasts for a few hours and isnt at all overpowering.

A lush, bouquet of flowers, rich and bursting into bloom and covered in warm early summer rain. This was gorgeous, very floral (gee go figure) but also not cloying. Fresh flowers and not perfumey ones, this was succulant and green and growing. Love it, definite keeper!

This one packs quite a punch for a floral blend. It's strong without being overwhelming or harsh. I love it. I can pick out the tulip, and the wildflowers. It's so spring like and lovely. I think the violets give it a subtle, mature quality.

I've been shy of strong floral blends in the past because I feel too girly girl or old in them. But this one is definitely a youthful, fresh scent. It doesn't become cloying or heavy despite a bevy of flowers in that little bottle.

Definitely beautiful, I am so happy with this one.

Ahhh, lovely. I can really smell the tulip and the daffodil, and they're under shadowed by a lovely, perfumey, mix of bright florals. (I guess the mixed wildflowers.) The lunar oils smell so lovely under strong florals, so ultra-feminine. I love this moon, so glad I got some. Another lovey lunar creation! :P

I should preface this review by ‘fessing up to the fact that I have no skill in identifying floral notes. If it isn’t rose, lily, lilac, jasmine, or wisteria, I cannot pick it out.

That said, I eagerly dabbed this on my free wrist and was struck by just how much it smells like Mi-Go on me :as in almost indistinguishable.

As others have said, it is very floral and green. I quite like it- though not enough to ever use the two bottles I bought.

Edited by Digital_Hypoxia

Ooooh, I love this and am so glad I bought it. It's floral without smelling stodgy nor sharp. The perfect Field Of Flowers in the Springtime smell. :P

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Flowery!

In the bottle: There's something fruity in this, but I can't place what. In the bottle, this really reminds me of Mi-Go Brain Canister.

On skin, wet:

This is just like a floral Mi-Go. Lush, fruity flowers. Very, very sweet.

On skin, dry: This doesn't change much from wet; it stays very lush, sweet, almost wet. Did I mention sweet? Almost overly so.

Conclusion: Sometimes florals work on me, other times they don't. This is a don't.

Edited by Aredhel

A bouquet of florals with a hint of sweetness and a pinch of something fruity.

I could pick out the daffodil and the tulip, but it was the wildflowers that wowed me. Wildflowers covered in dew just as the sun begins to warm their petals. Really feminine and pretty without screaming "I'm a flower, damn it!".

I predict that people that aren't normally floral fans will find this one agreeable. Most probably because of the sweetness and the freshness of those wildflowers.

This is definitely a keeper for me. A wonderful blend to add to my growing collection.

I am a fan of white florals. The description of Flower Moon intrigued me: "a bouquet of vivid, sexy blooms… tulip, daffodil, violet, dewdrop, rhododendron, iris, daisy, and a mix of California wildflowers."

Flower Moon is unlike any other floral fragrance I've ever smelled. I think it's the combination of the more "wild flower" blooms that make it so unique.

It's not what I expected but it doesn't make it any less beautiful.

Flower Moon goes on "strong" in the "wet" phase but dries to a soft floral. Not a lot of "throw" to be found on me.

I think I'll try mixing it with Milk Moon & see what happens.

Definite wildflower thing going on here but not overwhelming. I also detect a herbal something to it that I am unable to identify but something so familiar I could hit myself. I also agree that it goes well with the milk moon. I would love to get my hands on a bottle of this. :P