Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Springtime scents

Hello Ladies and Gents.

Even though it is quite cold outside here in good olde new york city I am looking toward spring and was wondering if maybe we could start a thread as to what scents would be best for this season. That way people have a quick reference and then they can head into the reviews section to learn more.

What do you think?

Phantasm and Ingenue are my favourite spring scents at the moment. I might put Apothecary on that list too. Ophelia isn't one I wear, but she's gorgeously flowery springy.

<singing off key> Younger than springtime, are you; gayer than laughter, are you; warmer than winds of June are the gentle lips you gave me ...

Sorry - my father used to sing this to my mother when the weather was warm enough to roll down the windows on drives. I remember how she always blushed and smiled at him - so I never asked, and have always just supposed it was some special part of their courtship.

Scents for spring moments like these?

The Apothecary

Old Shanghai

Cordelia

Phantasm

Old Glasgow

Tears

Endymion

I apologize if this has been discussed before, I did a search and couldn't find a similar thread.

I finally have warm scents for winter, and now I'm thinking ahead to spring, and realized I should order soon if I want to make sure I have my order in time for the flowers to bloom.

What are your favorite springy scents (regular and LE?)

:P

I think Titania would probably be a good spring maybe even summer scent. It's floral and fruity and fun without being too cloying or overly floral.

Also, The Dormouse and Baobhan Sith, but I'm a tea-scent freak. :P

Kitsune-Tsuki is very springy. It smells like daffodils.

Nine Mysteries is herbal and makes me think of spring.

Alice and Fae and even Blood Countess are nice light sweet springy/summery scents.

I got Fae specifically with spring in mind and now I am thinking that Mantis would be a good one, too.

Anything with Green Tea in it seems very springy to me as well! It reminds me of tender greenery on a crisp but not too warm day in the rain.

Most of my faves have already been mentioned, but Eve is also a fabulous springy scent. So is Dana O'Shee.

Alice, Empyreal Mist, Dana O'Shee, and especially Queen of Hearts..at least those are the spring-iest blends I have. :P

I second Phantasm and Old Shanghai... they're both such lovely, clean, citrus scents. In fact, I think both of them would be great summer scents too!

Light pink and green florals are wonderful choices for spring as well, so I suggest Pele, Bayou, Magdalene, and Old Kyoto.

A blend that has always reminded me of warming days, meadows, and calm weather is Water of Notre Dame.

Scents I haven't had a chance to try that sound as if they might be good are Glasgow, Amsterdam, and Oisin.

Phantasm is definitely on my short list of bottles I am buying this spring!

I plan on wearing a lot of Szepasszony, Machu Pichu, Baobhan Sidhe and Ophelia if she stays true to her rumored Rose Red-like properties.

I second Sea of Glass. It reeks of spring (in a the good way).

Queen Mab is all bright sunlight to me. I :P Queen Mab.

Sea of Glass, if you like "aquatics".

Sophia, if you like lavender.

Black Rose or Red Rose, for the obvious.

Queen Mab for jasmine & osmanthus.

Siren (in very tiny amounts) for jasmine, vanilla & apricot.

Phantasm, Boabhan Sidhe, Katharina, Embalming Fluid, Whitechapel, Chaos Theory XVII, Yuki-Onna

Generally, anything with citrus notes (specifically lemon, lime, and grapefruit), tea notes, white musks, jasmine, light florals, light fruit notes (ie. apples and apricots, but not berries, etc.), and a touch of freshness or wateryness.

Others, that I don't own, but I could see being fabulous spring scents: Kumiho, Siren, The Apothecary, The Hermit, Old Shanghai, New Orleans, Empyreal Mist, Glitter, Eos, etc.

Fae (fresh, lovely, juicy peaches and glittering heliotrope) - a light, playful, springtime blend.

Dragon's Tears - fresh, aquatic and fruity.

Eos - the perfect bouquet of innocent, nostalgic spring flowers.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up.

Eve and Ophelia immediately come to mind as Springtime scents. As for me, I like what I think of as "Autumnal" scents, ones that are warm and spiced and foody.

Envy is my spring scent, but that can also be because last spring holiday i took the imp with me and now Spring memories are locked in the scent :P

Also:

Water of Notre dame(mental note, need 5 ml soon)

Sudha segara

Katherine (innocent peach and orangeflower)

Embalming Fluid

Blue Moon

Edited by quinkel

I'm not a bit floral or aquatics girl, so a lot of light, springy scents don't work for me. Luckily though I recently found two scents that I think are perfect for the spring. Cheshire Cat and Saint Germain :P