Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Prague

For Jenny, with love. Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

when it's wet, it's very FRUITY. drying, it gets the lily effect, but with a fruity smack. damn lilies and their hating of my skin, because i really liked the wet fruity stage.

My family immigrated from a village just outside of Prague that's now been absorbed by the city, and I was raised on stories about the Moldau and the beauty and culture of Prague. It didn't hurt any that crocus is one of my favorite scents, so naturally I ordered a bottle unsniffed. I was delighted to find an imp in my order that just arrived, but I should tell you that it's got me anticipating the bottle I ordered even more than before.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I'd think of this one. Snowdrop is a little white flower, and since I don't know exactly what it smells like, I was worried it would be a "white floral," which I'm not all that fond of. The lilies worried me a little bit, too; stargazer lily is crisp and leans toward that "white floral" tone, as well, so this could have turned out to be a headache-inducing scent for me.

Don't hesitate for a second to try Prague. Of the lilies, calla (the lightly sweet and rather fruity one) is the predominant note. Mixed with the other lilies, a touch of honey, and the lighter-than-saffron spice and dewy pastel green of crocus, Prague is fresh, clear and incredibly representative of spring.

I still don't know what a snowdrop actually smells like, but I wonder if Prague's not-quite aquatic feel comes from this flower. Imagine yourself sitting in a patch of crocus and lilies alongside the Moldau River, with the sun warming a late spring breeze off the water, and the "not-quite aquatic" thing may make more sense.

Sunny and juicy, full of flowers without smelling "floral," Prague may be the perfect spring and summer scent, even if you normally live for resins and incense.

I have been trying lots of new oils, many of which are floral, so it's proving a little difficult for me to attempt to describe the differences between them. But I would have to describe Prague as a very bright and clean floral. It's truly beautiful. Although its sunniness does invoke thoughts of spring and summer, I'm such a fan of florals that I will probably wear it year round, particularly when I need a little break from the more prevalent rose and jasmine scents in my collection. This would also make a fabulous room scent... I picture buying a bouquet of lilies, then putting just a few drops of Prague in my diffuser to create the illusion that I have filled the house with them. I'm so glad I took a chance on a bottle instead of an imp, because I would probably have had to dash off a random order for Prague and Silk Road by now...

I get fruity too, juicy and sweet. But not candy sweet, just a hint of berry sweey. And white flowers, and spring time, and petals falling from trees. I like this! If I were to choose a young, innocent scent it would be this one. It's not nearly as sweet as the other scents I'd group with this, nor as tart as say, the unicorn.

It fades away to just a tiny little hint of flowers (and candles?) after an hour or two though. Nice spring scent, a bit too young for me maybe.

Prague:

Wet: Hm. Apple? Crisp Granny Smith apples.

Drydown: I smell the lily coming through.. this almost reminds me of Snow White's cousin. It's lovely.

Longterm wear: Oh, definitely. I will be ordering a big bottle of this very, very soon.

First Impression: Sweet and fruity lillies.

Second Impression: This is WAY sweet. But I like it. It's got a juicy and fruity feel that I haven't gotten from too many florals. It's not heady at all. I've got a bit of candy sweetness after awhile. This is all pink, with no green whatsoever. It's not "totally me" but it's perfect for the season.

Final Analysis: I purchased an imp from qspice and got one as an extra in my last order. I'm going to enjoy both of these imps this spring.

This one keeps morphing on me...I hated it as soon as I put it on, but after a bit it softened into a nice floral....but now its been about an hour and the lilies smell like feet on my skin. I love it in the bottle, so I think that this one may become a candle.

In the bottle: Sweet pine. Wha?

On me: No more pine thankfully (guess my nose is just wierd today) this turned into a clean, bright floral with a lot of sweetness but not a lot of floral. Very reminiscent of fresh spring air off a meadow rather than white flowers. The predominant notes were the lillies, but they were very light and not at all powdery or overwhelming. The sage started to peek in towards the end and left a nice clean herbal smell behind on my skin. Very pretty!

I just got finished placing an order for a 10 ml of this. I just sampled it today for the first time and it was love at first sight. It's strange, as I'm not normally a floral person and when I do like a floral, it's usually a fruity floral. This is fresh and sweet and lovely. It's tranquil. I can't describe it, as I have no idea what crocus and snowdrop smell like and I really don't get a sickly sweet lily smell from this. It is a master blended floral and it does have a fruitiness to it, but at the same time I get a blue feel from it which makes me think tranquil. I think this is going to be lovely on a hot, humid summer day in Ohio. This is a new favorite and I can't wait to get my bottle.

Like JJ_J, my paternal great-grandparents all immigrated to America from small villages which were within five miles of Prague. In fact, that is all I know about them. I have been eagerly awaiting this blend, though lilies have been hit and miss with my skin chemistry.

Thankfully, whatever lily notes were used in this blend did not go wrong on my skin at all. This was such a light and uplifting scent. It wears close to the skin and reminded me a bit of Undertow without the mint. There is a greeness to this blend, which may be the crocus and a velvety rich sweetness from the lilies. Lovely!

In the bottle: Terribly sweet in the vial. Smells like water and even apple blossoms for some strange reason. There is the faint lily smell, but it is not overpowering as of yet.

Wet: Very sweet and still smells like apples with some lily to me, which is odd I admit. Also has a somewhat candy smell to it. Very sweet.

Dry down: The sweet stays in the throw, but the smell on the skin is waxy and heavier. The throw is quite lovely, though, if a bit too sweet for my tastes. And the heavier floral on the skin doesn't really appeal to me very much. It gst almost an incense type smell on my wrist. Much more floral then I would have guessed possible for this blend with that throw being as sweet as it is.

Dry : The sweet throw reminds me of some other blends I've smelled, but it is not really my thing. The smell on the skin is a lot heavier and is probably the result of those lilies hating my skin once again. Oh well. I wanted to give this a try, but it does not love me as much as I had hoped it would. And now it's gone terribly powerdy and basically vanished.

m_tulipa_kaufmania_love-song-crocus.jpg

Those lovely flowers belong to my memories of my childness in Switzerland.

This is a very emotive perfume for me, delicious and makes me remember lovely things with an intensity that almost makes me cry.

It's the scent of flowers in the snow, perfectly bottled; I smell cala lily, lily of the valley, crocus and snow. :D :P

Edited by quimerula

Out of the bottle and first going on, I smelled a lot of heaviness... I almost got eucalyptus out of it. But oh so quickly I smelled the sweetest white florals imaginable! I really love white florals, but this blend is heavily dominated by the most beautiful sweetness a floral could have and still be considered a floral by me. It smells a lot like honey, and when I breathe it in, I visualize a river of white flowers moved along by honey. Exquisite.

I ordered a bottle of this unsniffed and so glad I did. I was reading "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" when they released this blend and I think it contributed to me ordering it right away as well.

at first: a sweet, almost fruity, floral.. i really like this.

on: a sweet floral, almost fruity. very watery.

2 hours later: the lilies are coming out more. nice and light.

4.5 hours later: sweet and light. really nice.

6.5 hours later: definitely a white, slightly powdery, vaguely sweet floral.

overall: i am so glad i got this. i don't know if it will be a bottle purchase, but i really like it.

It could be that I'm wearing Dana O'shee and Bordello (two very sweet oils) at the same time, but Prague smells like pine. Yummy, yummy Christmastime pine.

As it dries and my nose adjusts, I'm smelling more of a crisp floral scent. This is nothing like what I normally wear, but I'm enjoying the smell. The florals get sweeter and sweeter, yet still crisp. Pretty! I'll have to update this later with a clear sniffer.

Frimpie sent by Northernminx(thanks again!!) :P

Never would've tried this on my own but glad I got the chance!

In the vial, very sweet, like cherry kool-aid but very appealing. On, it quickly turned to a warm, not as sweet spice, very yummy! As it dried it kinda tingled on my wrists, which was interesting. After a couple of hours it turned to a light, almost powdery, cherry/orange, baby aspirin type scent but not medicinal in any way. Can't really say I could pick out individual notes...

I don't think I'll be getting a big bottle, but I'll definitely enjoy the imp :D

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, I really ordered it for the name rather than the notes, because I've never thought of myself as a floral perfume kind of girl. But it surprised me. It was light and soft and like the smell of petals rather than like the smell of "floral" perfume. Almost, but not quite, synthetic, but it always stayed fresh and lovely and I really like it. It also put me in a happy mood, without being simplistically bright.

~Prague~

In the bottle

sweet bright fresh floral

On

So good. There's a wee bit of medicial or herby smell and a golden yellow sweet sunshiney flower smell that reminds me of Buttercups.

It's damn addictive. It's one of those blends that has you sniffing your wrist as a canine would? I know you know what I mean.

30 minutes

The brightness f this blend has all but left and I'm left with a loud "thud" But...it's still a pretty smell. It gets a bit more powdery as it dries and even a bit more resinous too.

Throw:

Medium

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

This is so lovely, yellow, fresh, sweet and bright when wet. And even after it dries to a more dull scent I would still use up my imp.

When it dries and combines with my skin, it's a little lemon Pledge like. However, it's not quite as off putting as the usual "Lemon Pledge" turn that some blends take on me. In fact, to show that this is not a gross or funky smell, if there was a furniture polish that smelled like this, I'd be cleaning...ALOT.

Purchase again?

Yes. Another imp

1-5 rating, (5 being best)

ADDED June 26:

In the bottle

Light lovely white floral

On

Spring fresh floral with a lovely bright citrus note.

30 minutes

The fresh and the bright go away when it's dry. Leaving it to be still a light floral but somewhat flat.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

floral

Summary

It's lovelier when it's wet, as it dries it get's a little muddy.

Purchase again?

No, not a big floral fiend anyway.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

In the bottle this smells like quite a sweet floral - very nice! I can't detect very much lily at all, so it must be the other florals which are dominant.

On my skin this quickly loses it's sweetness and becomes a much drier scent, but it's still lovely. In fact, it smells very much like soap, but in the best possible way. I could imagine in the heat of summer, getting out of the shower, and putting a load of this on so I smell clean and fresh for the rest of the day...or at least I could if....

I wasn't hideously allergic to it! I have no idea what's in this thing, but it made my skin start to burn after a few minutes, and I got a red rash!!!

In bottle: Odd. I don't know how to describe this. Smoky floral? It's almost like vetiver and lilies. It's just so...odd.

On me: Thank goodness this is much better on the skin. The lilies are much stronger, but whatever was 'smoky' is gone. There's a light spicy floral, although I'm not sure what it is, and hints of green. I still wouldn't call this fruity, but there's a definite sweetness to it. What a complicated fragrance; it isn't for me but I would definitely recommend it to newbies when they're asking for scents that make BPAL unique.

In the imp: Floral, not very strong.

Initial application: I thought at first that this was going to fade away to nothing - vaguely floral, but couldn't smell it much at all.

Drydown: After about 10 minutes, it started to warm up on my skin and turned fresh and lovely. Damp, sweet spring flowers, but with a refreshing 'bite', almost peppery somehow. Despite my earlier worries, its staying power has proven quite good; it's been about five hours now, and I'm still getting pleasant wafts of it despite not having put a huge amount on.

This is a great scent for the workplace, I think: interesting enough to be enjoyable to wear, but not overpowering, and not so offbeat as to bother anyone. A very 'clean' scent.

This scent does strange things. It has smelled different every single time I've tried it so far.

The first time it was intensely lilly and bright. The second time it was candy sweet, like sweet tarts. The third time, it's sweet and pine-esque.

The pine note is fading down and now I'm getting that sweet floral again. It's on the tip of my tongue, how this scent is associated with something I know. Very peculiar and I will keep enjoying my bottle for it's changeable notes.

Hmm...wet, this is sweet and juicy, in a way that's reminiscent of Titania. Definitely not what I was expecting, but it's lovely. As it dries, it stays sweet but becomes more floral. Then I start to get a tiny bit of a green/herbal feel. After about 15 minutes, the herbal note disappears. How very odd. I really like this scent, though.

This is a very delicate floral on me. Kind of sweet or fruity in a bright citrusy way. While wet I wasnt sure if I was going to like it but the dry down is very nice. Very mellow as if I was staring at a field of wildflowers. I will enjoy my imp.

Prague is an exceedingly sweet floral when wet. Very nice. The scent vanishes within 15 minutes to nothing. Not so much as a wisp remains.

To be swapped.