Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Pomegranate Cider

This is exactly as described, I think I can pick out all of the notes over the course of drydown. I don't always go for straight-up fruity scents, but I'm very happy I picked this one up! It's incredibly festive and perfect for winter wear, extending the holiday warmth into the dreary cold months after.

At first when wet, it gives off fruit punch vibes, which then start to morph into Christmas candle territory, but give it a chance to dry all the way and it becomes more complex and downright cheery. The apple cider smells warm and spiced, the pomegranate balances with some rich tartness, and the brightness of the orange peel is accentuated by the subtle peppercorn and hibiscus tang in the background. Makes me want to make mulled wine or cider in my crockpot to scent my apartment!

This is as described, a lovely pomegranate cider. I make a version of this using cranberry juice cocktail and frozen orange juice concentrate, with all the usual mulling spices. This smells exactly like mine tastes and smells while simmering, except substitute pomegranate for the cranberry. It's sweet juicy warm and spicy and just lovely. Great throw and on me wears forever.

Big juicy Pom at the onset, making me think of Black Pomegranate SN, but that lovely moment is only around while sniffing in the bottle. 

When it's out running around, the scent is a mix between the cider note and deep red FRUIT! 

Dry Down left me smelling the spices and the peppercorn as well as the Pomegranate. 

The longevity of my application to cotton sleeve cuffs lasted several days.

I look forward to aging this lovely bottle of Pomegranate Cider as I think it will mature into something even better. 

I was pretty sure I was going to like this - I love pretty much all the BPAL cider scents! - and I do!

It's a gorgeous sweet apple cider with a big splash of juicy ripe pomegranate, with glowing warmth from the spices. Perfect for the holidays - making me want mulled wine and apples and candied citrus. Bright and luscious and festive!

Pomegranate cider, what it says on the tin. It starts off dominated by pomegranate, which is very bright and juicy in this scent. The cider half quickly comes out and gets stronger with time, but the pomegranate is never lost. Fruity and fresh while still having that cider spice.

I can distinguish the cider part, but not the apple from the pom. The two notes are well blended either way. The pink peppercorn gives off a gentle zing. The fermentation facet looses its strength over time and you are left with an airy apple pom.

In the bottle -  Deliciously fruity - I could easily drink this. Like I wish it was an actual drink at a party. Apple-y, citrusy, pomegranate. Very sweet, but not cloyingly so. The hibiscus is present too, calling to mind the hibiscus agua frescas I used to drink at the local Mexican resturant - it makes it nice and tart to balance that fruity sweetness. Just the barest hint of spice from the peppercorn - but you have to be looking for it.

Wet -  The hibiscus comes out full blast, adding a floral layer to a mostly fruity concoction. The apple makes for an excellent base to layer in all these sweet and tart notes. It also gets more peppery. The pomegranate is a sweet syrup threading through this magical potion, and there are bright pops of citrus here and there. I absolutely smell like a sweet, floral, fruity libation with all my favorite flavors. Once again, I wish I could drink this. Mouthwatering. The hibiscus and peppercorn stay close to the skin while the fruits - apple, orange, and pom - waft in a cloud around me.

Dry -  This actually smells a little bit like cinnamon and other mulling spices as it dries. The pomegranate is also becoming more pronounced, syrupy sweet over that mulled apple base. Tart hibiscus. Bright blood orange. The peppercorn fades but it's honestly done it's job. God, this is still so drinkable. I smell downright delicious. Amazing fruity floral combo.

Great throw too!

On me this is eerily similar to the 2018 version of Lamb's Wool, despite the lack of similar notes. It's gotta be the same apple note, this is the cozy soft baked apple note I love from the lab, so if you prefer that to some of the fresher variants I think you'll really like this. There's not any specific spices listed in the notes, but I'm getting a lot of spice in this, and my old friend cinnamon is back again, perhaps amped a bit by the pink pepper. I'm not really getting a ton of blood orange, and what's there is contributing to the general cozy atmosphere, and the pink pepper is playing nice on me for once, which is always a nice surprise. My main thing is I'm really not getting a ton of pomegranate, I get a bit when it's on fresh, and I'm sure it's mulling in here somewhere, but this is far more apple dominant on me than anything else, and pomegranate notes usually tend to stick around on me. Overall would recommend if you really want a cozy cider blend, again the apple in here is superb.