Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Dead Leaves, Vanilla Bean, Pink Fig, and Brandied Dates

This is one of my favorite weenies this year. I'm a fig person. Are you a fig person? This DL blend is for us. 

It goes on very fruity (almost juicy!) and vanillic with a nice shot of brandy - all the notes are there except the DL, to my nose. Then as it dries, the dead leaves sneak in and fill out the background. Very different from my usual experience with DL blends, because normally the leaves are the ones to rush up to greet you. I wasn't sure how the sweet fruit would work with the leaves, but they balance really nicely, and I think the vanilla bean helps bridge the gap. The booziness of the brandy fades, and this becomes a gently sweet, earthy fig blend. A lovely bridge from Fall to Winter. 

This kind of fig note wears all day for me, with enough throw for a nice personal scent bubble. Excited to see how the vanilla in this will evolve with age. 

This smells festive, yummy and sweet, and I think I'm getting mostly fig and dates.  It makes me think of those sweet fruity erasers when I was in grade school, and I have a clear memory of sitting on the couch just smelling those because they smelled so good to me.  😊 

I smell very little dead leaves and might not be smelling them at all.  Not much booze either.  After a couple hours there is some more earthiness that might be coming from the fig.  I think this is an excellent transition from fall scents to winter.  

I was surprised by how bright and fruity this smells. Very much a fig and date scent and it definitely smells pink to me. I don't get vanilla, but that may just be in the background adding to the sweetness. And I don't get dead leaves. Occasionally, I'll think I smell something else in the background of the scent, but I can never pick it out. I wonder if the dead leaves note is going more fermented in this scent and adding to the overall fruity-ness.

In the decant: Dead leaves and fruity things!

Wet: Dead leaves, a vague figginess, no booze to speak of, and sweetness.

Dry: This dries down to "fruity perfume" with only hints at figs It's very fresh and beautiful. My decant is young, so I expect the notes to become more obvious in time. This is short-lived on my skin, which is a bummer since it is very lovely. Hopefully a little aging will give it more legs.

Addictive, delicious, fluffy pink vanilla cream, it's dreamy and slightly musky. All cozy for the winter months yet fresh enough for summer, this beauty is just perfect to me, my favorite weenie of the year. Seems a bit strange to call it a weenie, except its like a glowing crystalline sweet in a candy jar.

The dead leaves are very dry, I can barely detect any besides a toasty, crunchy background. I just get big whiffs of airy vanilla and sugared fruits. Reminds me of a fancy candy store I went to in Mexico City where they roll whole green figs on the stem in different kinds of granular sugar until they turn to sparkling candies.

Not a note, but i'm also getting some coconut here, the very young and green kind, almost like a flower.

This is absolutely lovely, I have already picked up a second bottle so I can happily slather and exist in this elegant cloud. 

Edited by Jenjin

So... I generally pass over all dead leaves scents because those accords do not agree with me (either turning to cologne or bell peppers in most circumstances, and sometimes being headache-inducing). And fig and I are typically not friends. But all of the reviews here saying that this is basically chill on the dead leaves or that they're non-existent, plus off-forum reviews comparing this to Reflected Vulva, made me really, really want to try it.

And I am so fortunate that a lovely forumite responded to my ISO and shared some with me. This is indeed the least dead leaves-y dead leaves scent I've ever come across. I don't detect any dead leaves at all, although I suspect they're adding a touch of sophistication in the background. I think I'm mainly getting the pink fig, and possibly the brandied dates, but the fig in this is completely unlike any other fig note I've come across from the Lab. I don't know if it is combining with the brandy of the dates to have this effect (this scent isn't boozy whatsoever), but it has this almost cherry-adjacent vibe on me. This, combined with the vanilla bean, make me understand the Reflected Vulva comparisons, even though they technically don't share any notes.

This is so much better than I thought it would be based on the notes. I'm glad that the reviews swayed me enough to try to find a decant and that a kind BPALer swooped in to answer my call (thank you, @LavenderCoffee ! :heart: ). I may have to grab more of this before it goes away, and now I know not to dismiss fig as a scent note outright if it is the pink variety. :dance: 

This is scent of the Amazoness Quartet, CereCere, PallaPalla, JunJun, and VesVes of the Dead Moon Circus in Sailor Moon Super S, boiled down to their essences and formed in molds into sweet, fruit-jellied, squidgey, flower-shaped candied versions of themselves. I will not be taking any questions at this time.

Yum.  I usually enjoy bpal's fig notes, and this one is gourmand and creamy with no noticeable spice notes, so I am really enjoying it.  A hint of earthy, sweet dates, a bit of creamy sweetness from the vanilla bean, and a woody-sweet fig that somehow really does smell like an idealized version of fig's creamy, pink, candied fruit.  I don't really smell the dead leaves at all, and I'm fine with that.