Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dead Leaves, Scorched Pumpkin, and Marshmallows

This is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, except: everything got scorched, not just the pumpkin. It's like the person trying to scorch the pumpkin was a little clumsy with the blowtorch and caught the leaves and marshmallows on fire as well. It makes me think of Suki at the Chilton Bake Sale-just catching everything on fire through sheer careless whimsey.

Fresh on, it's much more dead leaves on fire, but as it dries the scorched pumpkin and marshmallow come forward more and more, eventually ending up very balanced imo. This has shot to the top of my dead leaves favorites, primarily for that "something on fire" scent it's got to it that I just love, but with a sweet marshmallow to keep things whimsical. And then of course the toasted pumpkin gives it cozy autumn vibes. I truly hope they're able to restock this so more people get to experience this one.

This DL is the third I've tried from the 2022 Weenies DLs with only a bit of the dead leaves coming across. Which is nice --- I often dig the milder DL blends.

Unfortunately, though, this one is otherwise skin chem-failing on me. I get a hint of toasted marshmallows buried in a scorch note that --- while mild --- still veers close to burnt plastic or vinyl. I've enjoyed other burnt and toasted scents, but this one isn't a match for me.

I had a similar experience to the first reviewer on this one - everything got blasted with a torch! Smelling it in the bottle, it definitely is "all the things caught on fire", but it quickly balances out to a toasty pumpkin note, sweetened by the marshmallows, backed by the rustling of dried leaves. As with all my DL scents, this will be fun to revisit in future years as the notes all settle together. Very cozy fall scent.

The scent starts off on the skin as a strong dead leaves note with a side of scorched foodie sweetness. Quickly mellows out to the point where it smells like toasted marshmallows with fall/pumpkin flavoring and the dead leaves note is there, but in the background.

i'm very iffy about pumpkin, and dead leaves often go sharp and cologney on me, so i was dubious about this one.  but i adore marshmallow blended with non-sweet, non-foodie elements, so i felt duty-bound to give this a try.

the dead leaves are loud and bitter to open, but they fall back quickly to make room for a sticky gloop of vanillic marshmallow and a lovely dark and raspy pumpkin, toasty and maybe ever-so-slightly smoky. not too vegetal, which i appreciate.

my most-loved scents really teeter on that line between foodie & non-foodie... this one hovers right there but with a bit of a slant to the foodier side at first.  the dead leaves are hanging on for dear life to keep it from going over though, and eventually it tips back to the middle.  it dies down pretty quickly to ride close to the skin, but what i find when i sniff up close is quite nice.  almost woodsy, sweet and a bit creamy, toasty. 

i'd probably be nabbing a bottle if it had a bit more throw, but i'm still seriously considering it.

Oh this is so toasty and nice. Don't get me wrong, those dead leaves come on strong at first but mellow out on the skin. I like that the pumpkin isn't a very spicy pumpkin as I have trouble with the spicy pumpkins. It's a nice warm autumn scent with the dead leaves giving it just a little oomph past ordinary. It really has a feeling of being a scent of "walking outside in the fall". I don't think I could handle that Dead Leaves note without the very sweet and toasty marshmallow. 

I was so hoping that the "scorched" aspect would keep the dead leaves from doing their celery thing on me, but alas. This is straight out of the mail and I can tell that there's something really nice, soft, and sweet beneath the screeching green pepper/celery note, so I will hang onto this and try again in a few days.

EDIT: This dries down to a WONDERFUL marshmallow scent close to the skin, but that first hour was rough. I was hoping for more toastiness.

Edited by vthesiren

Dead Leaves, Scorched Pumpkin, and Marshmallows starts out a lot like Dead Leaves on Fire, a signature scent from that dumpster fire of a year, 2020.  If there's pumpkin and marshmallows, they're scorched, too.  It takes the better part of an hour for the burnt leaves smell to recede, but since I own and wear DLoF, that's not a deal breaker for me.  Eventually it's smoky dead leaves and roasted marshmallows with a little bit of pumpkin in the background.  Just pumpkin, no pie spices.  The toasted marshmallow note lasts the longest, as a skin scent.  Very nice.