Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Spiced Cherry Bourbon

In the bottle, this is very boozey. So much so, I went and made myself a nice old-fashioned with a cherry, by way of comparison. For science!  Thus prepared, I applied. On the skin, the alcohol part burns off almost immediately, leaving just the spicy cherry. I smell like a naughty lollipop - cherry with an outer coat of red hots, in a shape you shouldn't suck in front of your mother. 

PS, the cinnamon in this does not make my skin burn. Ymmv, of course, but I do tend to be sensitive so this seems worth noting. 

Spiced cherry Nyquil in the bottle and on the wrist. Oh lordy I want to drink this. unf. amazing. Rich and cherry-forward and heady in the best way.

Sadly, as with all cherry on my skin, it fades in a few minutes, leaving not even the booze behind. A lovely summer afternoon fling. I’ll think of you as a permanent friend, Spiced Cherry Bourbon.

This smells like the booziest cherry I've ever come across in the bottle, and seems promising. On application, the cherry actually lingers with the bourbon for a little before drying down to the spiced notes. It's mostly spice and hints of bourbon, the cherry being very hidden and feels more like medicinal cherry at this point. This cherry note lasts longer than that in Blood Squid SN, but still no real longevity. Sigh. Still amazing though.

I get deep black cherry, lightly spiced, and backed by some bourbon, which is kind of giving me cherry NyQuil vibes as well. However, that phase is short-lived, and for a while, it's a nice cherry-infused bourbon. But the bourbon does take over by the end of the day. The cherry still lingers, but it is much fainter than before, sadly. But the spices in this remain tame throughout wear and never dominate or burn the skin!

I want more of this cherry, but not accompanied by booze.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Spiced cherry Nyquil. This also takes me there.

The cherry and booze fall back after this dries, leaving a more vague spiced fruitiness that oddly reminds me of cologne or men's deodorant.

Wet: Dark, sticky black cherry and woody spices. A hint of a deep golden gleam as well.

Drydown/Dry: Dark, like a deep, slightly burnt brown sugar caramel. Woody and sort of buttery. The initial blast of cherry burns off, it's just kind of vibing in the background now. Aged oak and yummy spices and yeah, buttery, smokey, darkly sweet bourbon goodness. It smells decadent and ...experienced? Like this bourbon's seen some shit. This bourbon knows what it's doing and ain't gonna waste its time with no fads (even if it totally does have a soft spot for cherry). This is some good shit.

8 out of 10 bones

I get exactly the same thing zankoku_zen gets.  HUGE cherry opening and then a Manhattan with a shit ton of cherries in it lol.  Later on it’s just soft cherry, very “pink.” If it stayed in Manhattan territory I’d love this, but the final stage is too light and pink smelling for me.  It’s not quite cherry chapstick, but still not doing it for me.

Makes my mouth water, literally. Huge, plump squirting cherries. The cherry bomb of my dreams. I LOVE the loud opening happening here. The cinnamon is soft and wooded. It's so rich. Like the others, after several minutes of wear, the cherry has been eaten, and all i'm left with is the stem i've been trying to knot with my tongue for the past 30 minutes. Something is also giving me cherry chamoy vibes which isn't a bad thing.
I adore the gentle, sweetly spiced finish, and am upgrading to a bottle before the yules go poof for the experience alone. 

Edited by Jenjin

In the Decant: Woah, booze!

Wet: Boozy cherries.

Dry: Beautiful, spicy, boozy, perfumey cherries. This is nice and strong on my skin and has lasting power. Very pleased as I feel like Blood Kiss is the only cherry perfume I've tried so far that my skin does not devour.

Suffice to say, I've ordered a bottle.

Whoaaaaa everything is accounted for here. A true black cherry, NOT death by poisonous almond! Big-ass spices, led by cinnamon and punctuated with mulling spices. And bourbon, a woozy boozy swig that will warm down to the toes and cure what ails ya. Even though I tend to not like cherry + syrup or alcohol at all in scents or in real life (cough syrup vibes are real), here it's oddly charming. I really, REALLY enjoy the just-dried stage, where I'm vibing with this super adult, super Christmasy beverage. It has fantastic presence too, swirling around me in rich billowing waves.

This is why we wait several hours before hitting purchase, people. The long drydown brings a screechy rubbing alcohol end to this party. EEK! This has plagued many a 2021 blend for me so far, and no exception here. I won't be upgrading, unfortunately, but if you don't have this problem, I can highly recommend Spiced Cherry Bourbon as a deliciously naughty drink to enjoy on your skin. I get a similar effect (without the booze, and without the rubbing alcohol) from Bloody Mary Bloody Mary, and so I will have to stick with that for now, I think.

Spiced Cherry Bourbon swirled with a cinnamon stick

In the bottle: Nothing distinct. no cherry, no cinnamon, perhaps a boozy scent. 

First applied:  Sweet plastic?

Later in the day, I kept smelling something good, spicy sweet.  It was me!  Overall, the scent on me is a warm, fruit liquor.  I'd say a beautiful winter scent.  

Even later in the day:  Oh my, it is now a smoky, smooth bourbon

Edited by cybra111
added to review