Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dead Leaves, Honeycomb, and Vanilla Butter

Bell pepper! I mean, dead leaves! Immediately bell pepper on my skin but that goes away quickly and smells like leaves after a minute or two. Almost no honey. Globs of vanilla butter but it's not a gourmand vanilla, just smells like skin. This is really interesting! Basically as if I rubbed dead leaves on myself? While wearing a creamy vanilla body lotion? I kinda like this..

I was really looking forward to this one because the notes sounded divine! Unfortunately, I would have to say that this almost reads as a dead leaves single note. Which, luckily for me I don't have any other FSes with the lab's dead leaves note so I am happy to have it around, because I do like it and see myself layering it with things. 

I was expecting a buttery, almost gourmand vanilla and dry leaves, but honestly I can't pick up any honey or vanilla. Or perhaps, like the above poster mentioned, it does kind of smell like a shea butter lotion from somewhere like Bath and Bodyworks underlying the scent. It's definitely a bit 'perfumey' for lack of a better word.

If you are expecting a gourmand, buttery scent, I think you'll probably be disappointed. Luckily I do like the perfumey, sweet dead leaves scent it is instead, though I still wish it'd been more like my expectations!

I have to agree with @lilyluxe. At first this is all dead leaves all the time. Very realistic. I keep looking for the vanilla and honeycomb to show up, but they don’t. Then at the end of the day, I get a very faint but distinct syrupy pineapple, which is very pleasant with the dead leaves. I definitely enjoyed this (I love the dead leaves note), but I hope the sweetness and butteriness come forward more with aging.

Edited by hhelix
punctuation

DL, Honeycomb, & Vanilla Butter is yuuuummy on my skin! I get the blast of dead leaves up front, and the sweet waxiness of the honeycomb. The DL quickly fade into a light powdery version of themselves, a touch of the dry crackle, typical for that note on my skin. Then, the vanilla butter amps and entwines into the honeycomb. And it is buttery, yet not overwhelmingly so.
I feel like it’s a cousin to Snake’s Kiss for me. The throw is low/medium yet lasts really well. I hope it will increase in throw…. I only got the decants in the mail a couple days ago. 

I’m really tempted to bottle this baby! 

Edited by artisjok

This Dead Leaves opens with a burst of dry bell pepper cologne, the standard dead leaves thing. Happily, it doesn't stay there.

The dead leaves linger on, but not alone; they're joined by a mild vanilla butter and a low-key, chewy comb note.

This is a doable butter. It's not the White Larry movie butter or the face-socking buttah of a few of the baked goods perfumes.

I'm not sure this is grabbing me enough for a bottle, but I'll enjoy the decant.